July 16, 2019, 03:22:33 PM

Author Topic: 2014 -- Packers 1st Round Pick  (Read 31628 times)

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
Re: 2014 -- Packers 1st Round Pick
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
i for one reallly like our Dline and ILB situation and still would if we lost pick and hawk next yr.  unless an absolute stud falls to us there i dont see it.  we are young at both spots and if worthy comes back ok we got a really good group, esp if Jolly can be a force. 

ILB could be upgraded no doubt but i like the group we got.  maybe if mosley or johnson is there TT jumps but i think he works a different area.

I could see WR Oline or secondary in the 1st.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
Ask me at the end of this season, after the players have finished the year, when contracts are being negotiated or players being cut loose, and after we know who has played well and who has proven to be unreliable. Then I'll have an opinion. But now? Way, way too early to hazard an educated guess.

Exactly. Why even bother with this type of discussion. It would be totally meaningless at this point.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

57packer

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »
Too early to speculate on specifics, but given that TT is a Ron Wolf disciple, I'd guess he'll stick with the high value positions.  QB is out of the mix, but DL/Pass Rusher, OT and CB could all be in play.  Raji, Pickett, Jolly and Wilson are all up for contract renewals so we may need someone there.  Sherrod still hasn't played and Bulaga is coming off a 2nd major injury so OT is still thin and my guess is Tramon might not be around much longer so a stud CB is always in the mix.   Really, at this point in the season with so little information, that's about as far as I'd go in terms of speculation.

Offline Noble Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »
from what i've seen so far, a stud safety wouldn't be out of the question in the first round.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
I'd keep drafting pass rushers until I had too many of them. You'd be amazed how much better your safeties and secondary look once the QB has to get rid of the ball. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with that formula.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
I'd keep drafting pass rushers until I had too many of them. You'd be amazed how much better your safeties and secondary look once the QB has to get rid of the ball. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with that formula.

LOL yep I completely agree. Draft Clowney and make me really happy TT.

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

Yep and the Lions seem to be taking a page out of their book. They have assembled a pretty decent Dline.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

LOL yep I completely agree. Draft Clowney and make me really happy TT.

This Clowney thing is very interesting as to how far he will fall in the draft based on how he does not want to play this year at 100% because of fear of injury.  Cant believe he would fall past the # 10 overall spot as his body of work is too good, from previous years.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »
I like this strategy.

LB: Kyle Van Noy - BYU

6'3" 235 lbs. He can move around all over the field and plays inside and outside in Bronco Mendenhall's scheme. Can cover and is a solid tackler, but his best quality is his relentless pursuit of the QB. I'd use him inside and as a situational rusher.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 09:55:56 AM »
I like this strategy.

LB: Kyle Van Noy - BYU

6'3" 235 lbs. He can move around all over the field and plays inside and outside in Bronco Mendenhall's scheme. Can cover and is a solid tackler, but his best quality is his relentless pursuit of the QB. I'd use him inside and as a situational rusher.

I'll stick with my guy Vic Beasley, who I was on early when the draftniks had projected in the 4th round. He's moving up fast and although he didn't play particularly well against FSU yesterday, he may not be there when we draft 32nd. He would be a great OLBer or ILBer IMO because of his athleticism.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »
I'm leaning towards a safety in round one if the player is there.  I think we need a play maker back there with Burnett.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »
Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE, Washington, 6'6 267 pounds. With Finleys future in jeopardy,  ASJ is the perfect pick .  He'll be a weapon for Rodgers for years.  If Finley comes back you have the best TE tandem in football. Id love to see him in this offense with Rodgers.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
I don't think there's any way ASF ends up falling to where the Packers will be picking. It's a nice thought, but a pipe dream IMO.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
I don't think there's any way ASF ends up falling to where the Packers will be picking. It's a nice thought, but a pipe dream IMO.
You are probably right, but Im hoping Eric Ebron comes out and some team needing a TE takes him before the Packers.  I know wishful thinking........

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
You are probably right, but Im hoping Eric Ebron comes out and some team needing a TE takes him before the Packers.  I know wishful thinking........

If Ebron comes out....ah man...he's a baller.  I'd love to see him in GB.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.