March 20, 2018, 07:56:07 PM

Author Topic: Official Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread  (Read 14478 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: Official Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2013, 08:47:49 PM »
This has been really ugly even for a preseason game...

Only 1 bright spot for me is Johnny Jolly. Quite disruptive in the Cardinals backfield.

I thought Tyron Walker looked very good. Other stuff:

No surprise: Aaron Rodgers looked great and seemed to be in sync w/ the WR corp.

Surprise: Vince Young looked....good? Yea, not bad at all. Jolly could start pushing his way into the rotation if he keeps getting better. He was very good before he got busted and I suspect he has good football talent that just gets better with more time and work.

Whatever: Finley did exactly what I expected he would. He dropped a key pass. 

Our OL needs work. RB's kept getting knocked off their path in the backfield dodging defenders. You cannot have an effective run game like that. Our new LT did well (Bak). Newhouse can't seem to pass protect no matter where he is.

Matheiu for the Cardinals (#32, LSU kid that had all those drug issues) looks like a very talented NFL rookie. I think he makes it and does well.....if he stays clean.

Our entire starting defensive secondary played soft coverage. Not sure why. By design? Capers not out to really test them yet? Could be. We'll know more in the next 2 games.

Ugly and it's over and I'm glad no major injuries. Jones has a sprain.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »
McCarthy is obviously going to call for a lot of zone coverage. He knows from practice who can jam, he needs to find out who's reliable in zone.

The read option is the modern version of the screen. The point is to make the defense pay for their pass rush. It's perfect for us.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2013, 05:09:37 AM »
Game Day is over and we'll see you next Saturday for the Rams game in St. Louis.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.