November 23, 2020, 08:23:35 AM

Author Topic: Check this Packer Mock Out.....  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
Check this Packer Mock Out.....
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
This is scary. This guy beat me to my own Mock with the exception of Elam at Safety. Was saving this mock for a later date but after he posted this on another site, thought would share it here for all interested in drafts and mocks....from Riot Punch.....

Note: My comments are in ().

Signed / Re-signed:
Jermichael Finley - Not really a signing, but rather a decision to keep him on the roster for next season. He has been disappointing, but Ted sees the deal through. (I disagree with this and see Finley gone)
Brett Goode
Sam Shields
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Erik Walden
Robert Francois

Departures:
Greg Jennings
Charles Woodson (retire)
Donald Driver (retire)
Cedric Benson
Jeff Saturday
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree

2013 NFL Draft

*** Greg Jennings tagged and traded to Kansas City in exchange for their 2013 2nd round selection (#34). (could happen)

*** 4th round compensatory pick awarded to Green Bay for the Matt Flynn signing. (seems about right, especially if we add in Wells signing)

32.  -   
Jonathan Cooper, C, North Carolina

Height: 6'3'' -- Weight: 300 lbs.
Cooper has had an outstanding career at North Carolina, playing both guard and center over his tenure there. His best qualities jump out at you immediately when watching him, which are his superb athleticism, his great balance and just his overall smoothness in short areas. Those three things, along with intellect, are the most important characteristics for our centers in Green Bay to have. He seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders and would complete our offensive line for the future.

(this guy is second on my board for centers behind Jones and 3rd for Guards behind Warmack and Jones)

34.  -   
Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri

Height: 6'4'' -- Weight: 295 lbs.
After watching yesterday's game vs. Jacksonville, the lack of interior rush we produce bothers me. I have high hopes for Jerel Worthy and have been impressed this season by Mike Neal, but banking on their success, especially Neal's, is not something I am overly comfortable with. It has been proven that you can never have enough DL studs, and Richardson is exactly that. He is a terror rushing from the interior, showing surprising quickness and a nice array or moves. He also has the size and strength to be stout against the run and has a motor unmatched by his opponents. With Pickett's contract up soon, this pick makes a lot of sense and will improve our DL pass rush on day one.

(He terrorized Alabama's great O-Line the other week. talked of him in D.T thread.....he might go higher than this but this about the right target area...late rd 1 through early to mid rd 2)
60. - 
Matt Elam, S, Florida

Height: 5'10'' -- Weight: 205 lbs.
In the wake of Collins' career ending injury and Woodson nearing the end of his playing days, safety has become a need all of a sudden. I like what I see from the young McMillian, and Burnett is solid, but at this juncture taking a stud at the position makes sense. Elam has proven throughout his Gator career that he is a straight up playmaker-- flying all over the field in coverage and in run support. He lacks ideal size, but don't let that fool you... dude can play either safety position and put a hurt on anyone with the ball in their hands. This gives us Burnett/Elam/McMillian as a damn good safety core moving forward.

(This kid is a terror and player. Was originally worried about his size until a discussion brought up that Collin was 5-11 207 when drafted and that thompson doesn't seem to think about height as much at safety as he does for Corner. Still Collins had great leaping ability and am interested to see if Elam has that in the combine)
92.  -   
Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

Height: 6'2'' -- Weight: 205 lbs.
This guy is becoming my favorite value receiver in this draft. With Jennings being flipped for the Richardson pick and Nelson/Jones becoming FA's down the road, a legit WR is needed on the roster. Dobson has it all-- size, speed, smarts, athleticism and the best pair of hands I have seen in a long time. With some good coaching and route running development, I think Dobson has the potential to become a #1 type WR and I love his fit in Green Bay. Feels like Packer people and giving Rodgers that target in the red zone is a nice thought.

( I have Baylor WR Terrance Williams as #1 WR (figuring Woods, Allen, and Hunter all off the board)  then Da'Rick Rogers #2 and Dobson #3 on my WR big board so far. All 3 players aren't only tall with good hands but all run in the 4.4 range and have a chance to become number 1 Go-To WRs for a team)

124. - 
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa

Height: 6'6'' -- Weight: 260 lbs.
The future is uncertain at the TE position here in Green Bay. Finley has let us all down by not performing to his potential, D.J. Williams has left a lot to be desired thus far and other than Q and Crabtree we lack a complete player at the position. Fiedo is a guy with great physical gifts, good balance to his game and the willingness to be put in the work to maximize his potential. He is a good kid who won't cause problems, and could develop into a lethal weapon for Aaron, as well as a good blocker for the running game. Even the great Palmy has endorsed this guy and said he has Gronk-like potential. That's enough for me.
(need I say more? as have already covered him in Mock and D.T.)
Comp. - 
Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon

Height: 5'11'' -- Weight: 195 lbs.
A fiercely debated topic regarding the Packers roster is what to make of our running back situation. We have the Alex Green camp, the James Starks camp and the Everyone Blows camp. I am somewhere in the middle of the madness, as I think Green will only get better and that Starks will be a rock solid between the tackles runner. I believe what we need is a true home-run hitter; somebody who can take it the distance on any given carry. Kenjon Barner is a perfect fit. He is an extremely dangerous runner in lanes and can take it home anytime. He is also fantastic catching the ball out of spread formations and has return ability. He won't come in and be an every down back, but would inject some electricity to our running game.

(hard to say on RBs right now what direction we go. But Thompson has liked some change of pace guys over the years and also one must wonder how much longer Cobb stays as returner as he comes a big part of the offense and moves into the number 2 WR role?)

156. - 
A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State

Height: 6'1'' -- Weight: 244 lbs.
Now that our needs have been somewhat addressed, we go for just a straight up good value pick. Klein is a tackling machine who displays decent range in coverage and a good blitzing ability. With Bishop and Smith coming off injuries, and Hawk not getting any younger-- depth at ILB isn't a bad thing. This guy will impress the coaches and push our starters.
(good place to add depth)
188. - 
Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech

Height: 6'0'' -- Weight: 190 lbs.
Another depth pick. I feel damn good about Tramon/Hayward/House/Shields moving forward, but more depth is somewhat needed. Sweeting is a big, physical CB who fits what Ted looks for. He has good ball instincts and is a willing tackler in run support.
(especially if Woodson is done after this season, we will need another for depth)
220. - 
Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

Height: 6'2'' -- Weight: 195 lbs.
I'm probably overreacting here, but I figured what the hell... Crosby has been terrible in big moments this year, and in the past, and I think it may be time to at least bring in a young stud to challenge him in training camp. Hopkins just become the ACC's All-Time Scoring Leader, and has displayed the ability to hit the big kicks. He has a big enough leg and good accuracy. Could either beat out Mason or get his rear in gear.

(IF Crosby doesn't get his groove back could definitely see a kicker brought in/drafted)
--I think the first three selections all become STUDS for our team early, and the next three selections get to STUD-level after a little developing-- although Barner could make a big impact right away too.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:38:44 PM by Terranimal »

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
Re: Check this Packer Mock Out.....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Why would KC not just reup Bowe. Makes no sense.
"The day you sign a client is the day you start losing one."

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
Why would KC not just reup Bowe. Makes no sense.

reports from KC is they aren't happy with Bowe and he's looking at a giant new contract...maybe more than Jennings is. I think this could be Dolphins and still work out the same way really. That's why didn't get into it too much on the actual trade itself... ;)

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:11:52 AM »
I really like Elam, and at this point Cooper would be a nice pick too if he is capable of being a C.  I can't stay away from mock-drafts, even though at this point I know it's not that smart to get attached to players as we usually end up being not quite in touch with TT's thoughts.  Still fun to look at.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

57packer

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
It is real early for mocks.  I've barely gotten into the 2nd Rd at this point in the season in terms of player research.  Still, I'll be a little bit of a wet blanket on some parts of this mock. 

I like the Copper selection assuming he can play OC.  I like his size and athleticism for the position.  Big, but not too big/tall, so shouldn't have problems with leverage.  I had been looking at him as more of an OG.  It's unclear to me just how much OC he has played in the past.  "Projects" in Rd 1 don't really make much sense to me.  I've seen perfectly good OGs not do so well playing OC, so it's not an automatic that you can just make an OC out of him.  Again though, I don't know his history at OC.  At worst you get a possible future OG in a year or two after (if?) he beats out Lang or Sitton, but that doesn't really make sense to me either as good value in Rd 1.

Love the Richardson pick . . . period.

I'm OK with the Elam pick though I'd just as soon add a guy later in the draft for depth.  I feel there are bigger needs and I'd like to see the young guys we have develope another year to see what we've got there first.  I'm thinking a guy like Phillip Thomas in the Rd 5 area.

No problem with Dobson or Fiedorowicz.  I like both picks. 

Not the biggest fan of the Barner pick.  No, I wouldn't mind having a speed guy and another possible return guy to take some of the pressure off Cobb, but now we still don't have a "running back".  Assuming Benson leaves, we now have Starks who can't stay healthy or learn the playbook, Green who seems more like a 3rd down back than a true starting RB, and Barner, who's more a change of pace, gadget type guy who also projects as more of a 3rd down back.  Who's going to run the football?  Who's going to give you the consistent 3-4 yds that Benson was giving you before he got hurt.  With this pick it seems we still haven't drafted a true RB. 

There are definitely elements of this mock that I like.  Don't really dislike any of the players themselves or the spots they are selected from a talent/value perspective, but wonder how they fit for us and whether they represent the best value considering our needs. 

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:31 AM »
It is real early for mocks.  I've barely gotten into the 2nd Rd at this point in the season in terms of player research.  Still, I'll be a little bit of a wet blanket on some parts of this mock. 

I like the Copper selection assuming he can play OC.  I like his size and athleticism for the position.  Big, but not too big/tall, so shouldn't have problems with leverage.  I had been looking at him as more of an OG.  It's unclear to me just how much OC he has played in the past.  "Projects" in Rd 1 don't really make much sense to me.  I've seen perfectly good OGs not do so well playing OC, so it's not an automatic that you can just make an OC out of him.  Again though, I don't know his history at OC.  At worst you get a possible future OG in a year or two after (if?) he beats out Lang or Sitton, but that doesn't really make sense to me either as good value in Rd 1.

Love the Richardson pick . . . period.

I'm OK with the Elam pick though I'd just as soon add a guy later in the draft for depth.  I feel there are bigger needs and I'd like to see the young guys we have develope another year to see what we've got there first.  I'm thinking a guy like Phillip Thomas in the Rd 5 area.

No problem with Dobson or Fiedorowicz.  I like both picks. 

Not the biggest fan of the Barner pick.  No, I wouldn't mind having a speed guy and another possible return guy to take some of the pressure off Cobb, but now we still don't have a "running back".  Assuming Benson leaves, we now have Starks who can't stay healthy or learn the playbook, Green who seems more like a 3rd down back than a true starting RB, and Barner, who's more a change of pace, gadget type guy who also projects as more of a 3rd down back.  Who's going to run the football?  Who's going to give you the consistent 3-4 yds that Benson was giving you before he got hurt.  With this pick it seems we still haven't drafted a true RB. 

There are definitely elements of this mock that I like.  Don't really dislike any of the players themselves or the spots they are selected from a talent/value perspective, but wonder how they fit for us and whether they represent the best value considering our needs.

Always like discussing this stuff with you.

Some thoughts:

One is that think we are thinking right now that Saturday is done after this season. EDS seems to be the guy by default which leaves no one behind him. Centers of late seem to ride the bench their first year....even Konz isn't playing center but gave the falcons depth for Guard as well.

Two is we don't know what happens with Sherrod. he has taken some steps backwards coming back and he wasn't the best before the injury. Newhouse has been okay and seems to get better. But no one behind him if injury happens. Lang has played OT in the past as a fill in and this year's class for LT seems rather weak at this stage.

Cooper could push the Guards or Center which makes the entire group better. (Draft Theories) Have seen whiff out there a few times this year. We need better improvement from out O-Line both for protection in pass pro and in the run game.

Also there was some talk this last off season of Lang maybe moving to center. So adding Cooper is a boost to the O-line no matter how one looks at it. It might take him half a year or the entire season before we find what position he takes or he just might beat out either EDS or Lang and start from day 1. Either way we need another quality player added to the mix, especially with sherrod's future up in the air.

RB: Maybe I'm in the minority, but it seems from everything have heard that the team and Rodgers like Benson. Starks for whatever reason is in McCarthy's doghouse, plus he can't ever stay healthy. They like Saine a lot due to his versatility, but he will be coming back off injury. There is a lot of trade rumors going on right surrounding the Pack and trading before the deadline for a RB. That might be most telling, because I don't see Thompson trading for one unless it looks like Benson isn't making back this year.

Not too impressed with RBs coming out this year for our system. The entire group took a major hit with Lattimore going out hurt. That would seem to indicate that everyone moves up one spot earlier and doubt we see any RBs now go in round 1.

So am thinking we see either benson or maybe one of those RBs in trade rumors, come in next year for the veteran minimum. Then with Green and balmer would have a mix of a power/workhorse Back and change of pace back. yes, it's not ideal of what you and i would prefer.....

If you look at my last Mock had Gillislee from Florida who i think might be able to be a full time RB that fits the criteria, but this is another possible in the world of Mocking....

I understand your view on Elam and brought that one up myself. However, if he's a real stud as some think, he again (following draft theories) would improve the overall group. Am also thinking this is Woodson's last year and many think Elam might be able to be our Troy P from the Steelers, taking over Woodson's role. If that would end up the case then everything with the youngsters on the team would remain intact. Still not sure though for reasons you pointed out if we need an Elam...those questions should be answered over the next few weeks with Woodson out......

57packer

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »
Agree that making the team/group better is always a good thing.  From that perspective none of the players in this mock is an absolute "no way" for me. 

Let me offer an alternative to Cooper though.  What about Barrett Jones if he's there, which I believe he very will might be unless we are at 32.  (Which hopefully we are.)  Jones has at least played OC and done well.  (I believe he might be there, even to #32 because OCs don't tend to go high in the draft, and his OT ability doesn't scream Rd 1 LT.)  He has looked good playing OT, though I regard him as more RT than LT.  We know Jones can play OC and if EDS is the answer at OC, I'd feel better about tossing Jones in the mix at OT because he's longer and fits the physical type better than Lang I believe.  At least getting an OT in Rd 1 seems like better value than just getting OG depth.  Of course if Cooper came in and played some solid OG for a decade you can't say it would be a wasted selection.

On the RB, when I was making my comment I was assuming Benson was gone which is what the original mock assumed.  I agree Terr, that they very well might re-sign Benson.  Didn't command much money last off-season.  Won't likely command a whole lot next year after the injury.  IF that is the case, then I give a big thumbs up to Barner.  A speed guy who can likely help out on special teams would work for me as the 3rd/4th RB. 

Agree on the RB group this year.  Last year seemed like a solid year, with some backs with a nice combination of size/speed.  This year, more smaller backs, though there are some guys who seem like they could be every down type guys.  The Lattimore injury took out the only Rd 1 guy I think.  The Randle kid from OkSt has some speed but I don't see him as an every down NFL back. 

Bell and Ball have decent size but both are Big-10 backs who I feel lack speed and seem to dominate when their o-line creates clear holes but don't look the part when they need to find small creases and fight for yards.

I'm going to look more at Stephan Taylor from Stanford who looked good against USC and also Lacy from Alabama who will likely declare because he is losing carries to their freshman hot-shot back.  Both seem to have the size and running style to be every down backs. 

Another possible one is Cierre Wood, (Notre Dame) who had a long run against Oklahoma last week and seemed to do a pretty decent job of finishing off his runs against a pretty stout Oklahoma d-line.  Not sure he's a receiving threat, but would hope you'd at least be able to teach him to catch the occasional dump-off - like Benson.

Lastly, I can't argue on Elam too much.  Certainly a Woodson retirement coupled with some so-so play by the youngsters down the stretch this year could make S a priority and a stud safety is always a good thing.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
Agree that making the team/group better is always a good thing.  From that perspective none of the players in this mock is an absolute "no way" for me. 

Let me offer an alternative to Cooper though.  What about Barrett Jones if he's there, which I believe he very will might be unless we are at 32.  (Which hopefully we are.)  Jones has at least played OC and done well.  (I believe he might be there, even to #32 because OCs don't tend to go high in the draft, and his OT ability doesn't scream Rd 1 LT.)  He has looked good playing OT, though I regard him as more RT than LT.  We know Jones can play OC and if EDS is the answer at OC, I'd feel better about tossing Jones in the mix at OT because he's longer and fits the physical type better than Lang I believe.  At least getting an OT in Rd 1 seems like better value than just getting OG depth.  Of course if Cooper came in and played some solid OG for a decade you can't say it would be a wasted selection.

On the RB, when I was making my comment I was assuming Benson was gone which is what the original mock assumed.  I agree Terr, that they very well might re-sign Benson.  Didn't command much money last off-season.  Won't likely command a whole lot next year after the injury.  IF that is the case, then I give a big thumbs up to Barner.  A speed guy who can likely help out on special teams would work for me as the 3rd/4th RB. 

Agree on the RB group this year.  Last year seemed like a solid year, with some backs with a nice combination of size/speed.  This year, more smaller backs, though there are some guys who seem like they could be every down type guys.  The Lattimore injury took out the only Rd 1 guy I think.  The Randle kid from OkSt has some speed but I don't see him as an every down NFL back. 

Bell and Ball have decent size but both are Big-10 backs who I feel lack speed and seem to dominate when their o-line creates clear holes but don't look the part when they need to find small creases and fight for yards.

I'm going to look more at Stephan Taylor from Stanford who looked good against USC and also Lacy from Alabama who will likely declare because he is losing carries to their freshman hot-shot back.  Both seem to have the size and running style to be every down backs. 

Another possible one is Cierre Wood, (Notre Dame) who had a long run against Oklahoma last week and seemed to do a pretty decent job of finishing off his runs against a pretty stout Oklahoma d-line.  Not sure he's a receiving threat, but would hope you'd at least be able to teach him to catch the occasional dump-off - like Benson.

Lastly, I can't argue on Elam too much.  Certainly a Woodson retirement coupled with some so-so play by the youngsters down the stretch this year could make S a priority and a stud safety is always a good thing.

I like Jones and agree, but don't see him lasting until end of round 1. Too versaltile as he can play all the O-Line positions. Even though he's played center, the general thought out there is he makes a better guard....so who knows?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
T, some comments on your projections.
First, I see Benson being re-signed. Why not? Once he started getting used to the offense, he was actually decent- not great, but a legitimate threat, and a runner who could get tough yards running up the middle. Why not bring him back? Now, as long as the subject is RB's, here's my own, admittedly rather unorthodox thought: the Packers draft Lattimore in Round 3 or 4. This would assume he would be seen as being capable of returning from his injury. He wouldn't be playing next year (that's why you keep Benson), but in 2014. A gamle, sure. Either this guy would be a steal, or be gone and forgotten relatively quickly.
Second, I think the Packers opt to keep Finley. He's still young (26 next season, I believe), and, perhaps, like Hawk, he'll be a late bloomer. I'd really hate to lose him to someone else, where he'd suddenly become a dominant TE.
Third, assuming a draft pick for GJ is risky. There is no guarantee, simply speculation. A second would be too high IMO, and then, there are the contract issues to be dealt with.
As far as drafting a kicker, I'd prefer a flyer on a QB in Round 7. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
First, I see Benson being re-signed. Why not? Once he started getting used to the offense, he was actually decent- not great, but a legitimate threat, and a runner who could get tough yards running up the middle. Why not bring him back? Now, as long as the subject is RB's, here's my own, admittedly rather unorthodox thought: the Packers draft Lattimore in Round 3 or 4. This would assume he would be seen as being capable of returning from his injury. He wouldn't be playing next year (that's why you keep Benson), but in 2014. A gamle, sure. Either this guy would be a steal, or be gone and forgotten relatively quickly.
Second, I think the Packers opt to keep Finley. He's still young (26 next season, I believe), and, perhaps, like Hawk, he'll be a late bloomer. I'd really hate to lose him to someone else, where he'd suddenly become a dominant TE.
Third, assuming a draft pick for GJ is risky. There is no guarantee, simply speculation. A second would be too high IMO, and then, there are the contract issues to be dealt with.

Ricky: if you read through the replies here, you will see I have Benson resigned also ;)

Agree on the Jennings trade value, but this was another posters' mock that was very similar to the next one was going to post with the exception of the high extra 2nd rd pick and Elam.

Forget Lattimore. He's out for over a year and will be redshirted. Right now he has a long uphill healing process. His football future is in doubt at this time. That was as nasty as they get for injuries to the leg. He might be done with football and be lucky to be able walk and run again. Of course we all hope he returns and can play and be a player again, but first things first.

I do think Finley is done after this season here. Cap number is over 8 mil next season. He's currently either 6th or 8th highest paid player on the roster for '12 and it only goes up from there for '13. That is cap space to re-sign one of our stars (Jennings?) or to sign several of our upcoming free agents. Unless he all of sudden turns it on and his talent materializes on the field from the bye through the rest of the season, there's no way I see him back at that price. Have had a lot of discussions on him at Packer sites and all the info have gathered from Wisconsin reporters, other fans,  and the like, would lead me to believe that his return in '13 is unlikely at this stage.

The kicker pick- yeah maybe a knee jerk reaction after recent weeks with Crosby. But did catch a report from someone at the Jax game and watching Crosby pre game missing kicks he usually makes in his sleep. For whatever reason our kicker is in a slump and hope he comes out of it and any kicker talk will be null and void.....not a fan of kickers and like you would rather use the pick on another position.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
I would have Finley on the outs, if we could trade and get anything great. If not he's released. That money would be used to retain Finley. Not sure why Jones is gone. I actually see Bishop gone after his injury and contract we could use this money towards others.

Guys I would like if I'm correct on how goes:

Tyler Eiffert TE ND
Nico Johnson ILB Tide

I just haven't done enough research to have a better picture than that. I've seen these two play often and they are both studs at the next level. Johnson isn't getting the hype, but when the scouts start looking under the hood, he's going to be moving up. He'll be a 3 down ILB in the NFL. Can blitz and drop into coverage, love this kid.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »

Ricky: if you read through the replies here, you will see I have Benson resigned also ;)

Agree on the Jennings trade value, but this was another posters' mock that was very similar to the next one was going to post with the exception of the high extra 2nd rd pick and Elam.

Forget Lattimore. He's out for over a year and will be redshirted. Right now he has a long uphill healing process. His football future is in doubt at this time. That was as nasty as they get for injuries to the leg. He might be done with football and be lucky to be able walk and run again. Of course we all hope he returns and can play and be a player again, but first things first.

I do think Finley is done after this season here. Cap number is over 8 mil next season. He's currently either 6th or 8th highest paid player on the roster for '12 and it only goes up from there for '13. That is cap space to re-sign one of our stars (Jennings?) or to sign several of our upcoming free agents. Unless he all of sudden turns it on and his talent materializes on the field from the bye through the rest of the season, there's no way I see him back at that price. Have had a lot of discussions on him at Packer sites and all the info have gathered from Wisconsin reporters, other fans,  and the like, would lead me to believe that his return in '13 is unlikely at this stage.

The kicker pick- yeah maybe a knee jerk reaction after recent weeks with Crosby. But did catch a report from someone at the Jax game and watching Crosby pre game missing kicks he usually makes in his sleep. For whatever reason our kicker is in a slump and hope he comes out of it and any kicker talk will be null and void.....not a fan of kickers and like you would rather use the pick on another position.

About the K situation with Crosby, lets not forget about the Lambeau stadium changes. I really do think that is making a difference. Some of the kicks are all over the place. The JAC game was at Lambeau, too. I think Crosby is a good and young enough K to stick with, and I don't think the Packers are going to even consider a new K.
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!

Offline Wolfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
I hope Barrett Jones is there when we pick.  That kind of versatility is rare and GB loves their OL to be versatile.  I hope they re-sign Benson.  Seems like he's well-liked in the locker room and he was playing pretty decent football.  I hope Ted can get some more pass-rush in this draft.  Sounds like the Richardson kid would be a steal.  CM3 still has too much on his shoulders.  Get him some help.  I still see RB as a real need.  Starks just hasn't done anything since the SB run and the others have all suffered pretty serious injuries.  I like that mock. Thanks for posting it, Terr!   :)
Need more Packers and I need more cowbell!  :)

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:33:15 AM »
I hope Barrett Jones is there when we pick.  That kind of versatility is rare and GB loves their OL to be versatile.  I hope they re-sign Benson.  Seems like he's well-liked in the locker room and he was playing pretty decent football.  I hope Ted can get some more pass-rush in this draft.  Sounds like the Richardson kid would be a steal.  CM3 still has too much on his shoulders.  Get him some help.  I still see RB as a real need.  Starks just hasn't done anything since the SB run and the others have all suffered pretty serious injuries.  I like that mock. Thanks for posting it, Terr!   :)

Well as you know, am already working on a couple of more.... ;)

Right now currently am thinking that first pick will be either OL or D-Line help. But after the last game and watching EDS at Guard and Lang at RT (they did pretty well) might be re-thinking again.... ;D

Offline Wolfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
But no center behind EDS.  That's one reason I would like to see Jones.  JMO.
Need more Packers and I need more cowbell!  :)