November 23, 2020, 11:31:48 AM

Author Topic: Check this Packer Mock Out.....  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
Re: Check this Packer Mock Out.....
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
Barrett Jones seems to be a fan favorite but I really do think he's overrated. I believe I've mentioned before that my issue with Jones is everybody loves him for his "versatility" but when I actually look at him in each individual position he doesn't really stand out except maybe at C, and that's why I've listed him as a C. Many people list him as an OG, but he's just a jack-of-all trades and a master of none. Even if you say he is the best C which is in question, do you guys really want to take a C in the 1st round or a jack-of-all-trades that really doesn't excel anywhere?

Having said that, I think he's a great fit for the Packers. Mel Kiper said in his chat today that he thinks Jones goes in the 3rd round. I disagree, because I think Jones goes in the 2nd round, but I'd be pretty upset with him in the 1st round. In the second round I'd be okay with it depending on who's there, but I'm really hoping more for a guy like Jefferson in the 2nd round. Now if he falls to us in the 3rd round I'd be really happy about getting him, but I just don't think he's going to fall that far as I think a team will overpay for him.

Now to talk about Cooper, I really REALLY like Cooper. He has really good feet for an OG, he can do it all, and he finds ways to get way down field to make a block. One of the shockers of the draft could be that Cooper could get drafted higher than Warmack. I think both of these OG's are good, though. I still have to say that I like DeCastro a little more, but I really REALLY liked DeCastro, too.

With Sheldon Richardson I'm really interested in his strength. We know he can penetrate, but can he be a guy that can consistently take on double teams in the NFL and not get worn down. I'm not so sure about that, but I'm not ready to rule it out yet, either.

Kenjon Barner is really on the rise, too. Kiper has him in the 1-2 range and CBSsports has him in the 3-4 range. I recently watched him and I'm a believer. The guy finishes runs strong, and yet he outruns guys to the corner. He can catch the ball really well, too. In the end, he'll probably end up higher than lower.
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
I hope Barrett Jones is there when we pick.  That kind of versatility is rare and GB loves their OL to be versatile.  I hope they re-sign Benson.  Seems like he's well-liked in the locker room and he was playing pretty decent football.  I hope Ted can get some more pass-rush in this draft.  Sounds like the Richardson kid would be a steal.  CM3 still has too much on his shoulders.  Get him some help.  I still see RB as a real need.  Starks just hasn't done anything since the SB run and the others have all suffered pretty serious injuries.  I like that mock. Thanks for posting it, Terr!   :)

Well as you know, am already working on a couple of more.... ;)

Right now currently am thinking that first pick will be either OL or D-Line help. But after the last game and watching EDS at Guard and Lang at RT (they did pretty well) might be re-thinking again.... ;D

Actually Van Rotten has played Center before and talking with someone else they figure that will be his home, as he's like EDS....

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
But no center behind EDS.  That's one reason I would like to see Jones.  JMO.

But have recently come to find out that Van Rotten has played center in the past so that might figure in and something to keep in mind.... ;)

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »

Departures:
Greg Jennings

Sign Jennings let Raji walk.
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.