November 30, 2020, 12:15:01 PM

Author Topic: My Packer Mock  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
My Packer Mock
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
Well, my Packer mock got lost and I don't remember it exactly so I'm just going to make a new one at this point. These are hard to do, but they do give some insight on who we want to target assuming we can get those players at a good value. For now, I'm adding a 4th and 5th round comp pick for Flynn and Wells, I assume no trades, and I assume the Packers will be picking late but not necessarily 32. I will also put an alternate pick for each pick in the first 3 rounds so that I have a defensive and offensive option:
1) TE Tyler Eifert NOTRE DAME (ALT: ILB Alec Ogletree GEORGIA)
2) SS Robert Lester ALABAMA (ALT: RB Joseph Randle OKLAHOMA ST)
3) ILB Nico Johnson ALABAMA (ALT: WR Stedman Bailey WEST VIRGINIA)
4) C Mario Benavides LOUISVILLE
4b) FB Trey Millard OKLAHOMA
5) OLB Kyle Van Noy BRIGHAM YOUNG
5b) SS Phillip Thomas FRESNO ST
6) DE Craig Roh MICHIGAN
7) QB Brad Sorensen SOUTHERN UTAH
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: My Packer Mock
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:00:03 PM »
Drew,

I'd love this draft, especially your 3rd round pick. Although I'm not sold on a safety being a need that high Lester would be too good of value to pass up there. Nico Johnson would be another absolute steal in round 3. As you know I've been championing him for a while.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
I'm confused as I thought I just read another mock with you taking Hankinson.   For what it is worth a D lineman would be on the top of my wish list and if I could get good value I'd take one in the first

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »
I'm confused as I thought I just read another mock with you taking Hankinson.   For what it is worth a D lineman would be on the top of my wish list and if I could get good value I'd take one in the first

You are right that in the full mock I took Hankerson for the Packers, but according to most boards he shouldn't be there. My fill 1st round mock is more about filling needs for teams and creating different scenarios that change on a weekly basis. My Packer mock is meant to be more of who I hope the Packers will target along with who I think could be there, and another difference is that the 1st round mock is based off my own Big Board for the most part where my Packer mock is based more off of Walter Football, CBSsprts, ESPN, etc. Sorry for the confusion. There are other guys I really like, too, such as CB/FS Justin Gilbert OKLAHOMA ST.

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
What do you guys think of this:
1) OG/C Jonathan Cooper NORTH CAROLINA
He can help cover multiple positions in case of injuries, and we could draft him to be our starting C whether that would be right away or after he learns for a year. I also think he's versatile enough to play OT because he has excellent feat and he's a good pass-blocker, but media experts don't seem to agree with my assessment on that.

2) LB Chase Thomas STANFORD
A high-motor player that is 6'4 and around 250 lbs. He's made tons of big plays for Stanford. He's got a high football IQ, plays strong, plays fundamentally sound, and is a very good talent IMO.

3) RB Joseph Randle OKLAHOMA ST
He's bigger than people think at 6'0" and 200 lbs, but he's fast and can catch the ball. If he comes out as a Junior he will have a lot of production with not a lot of miles, he's got good vision, he can catch the ball, and it would be a huge mistake for the NFL to let a talent like this slide to us in the 3rd round, but it may happen with teams starting to like RB's closer to 5'8" (Ray Rice mold). He was a 4-star recruit coming out of high school so you know he's physically gifted.

4) DE Damion Square ALABAMA
He plays strong, and I like his body size at 6'3" and 286 lbs. He could give valuable depth on the DL, and he's battle-tested coming from the SEC. He's more of a run-stuffer than a pass-rusher, so I'd like him to bulk up 10-15 lbs and be Pickett's eventual replacement.

4comp) FB Trey Millard OKLAHOMA
Simply put, how can I make a mock without him? He would be Kuhn's eventual replacement. He can run, block, and catch the ball.

5) WR Markus Wheaton OREGON ST
Maybe he's there in the 5th and maybe he's not, but we would need a WR here. Maybe we could even trade up for one in this scenario. Otherwise we could target a Cobi Hamilton, a Jordan Matthews, or an Aaron Mallette. There's also Rodney Smith at 6'5 out of Florida St, but I need to watch him more closely. You have to like his height, though.

6) TE Jake Stoneburner OHIO ST
He has some character concerns, but I believe he can block, catch, and run routes. Low risk high reward in the the 6th.

7) SS Cody Davis TEXAS TECH
Really, I just want to add competition to the S position here. Davis has nice size at 6'2" and 205 lbs, but insert your favorite late-round S here.

7comp) QB Brad Sorensen SOUTHERN UTAH
I really like this guy...about as much as Trey Millard. Cut Harrell, promote and Coleman, and put Sorensen on the PS.

Offline 246 toothpicks

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
Well, my Packer mock got lost and I don't remember it exactly so I'm just going to make a new one at this point. These are hard to do, but they do give some insight on who we want to target assuming we can get those players at a good value. For now, I'm adding a 4th and 5th round comp pick for Flynn and Wells, I assume no trades, and I assume the Packers will be picking late but not necessarily 32. I will also put an alternate pick for each pick in the first 3 rounds so that I have a defensive and offensive option:
1) TE Tyler Eifert NOTRE DAME (ALT: ILB Alec Ogletree GEORGIA)
2) SS Robert Lester ALABAMA (ALT: RB Joseph Randle OKLAHOMA ST)
3) ILB Nico Johnson ALABAMA (ALT: WR Stedman Bailey WEST VIRGINIA)
4) C Mario Benavides LOUISVILLE
4b) FB Trey Millard OKLAHOMA
5) OLB Kyle Van Noy BRIGHAM YOUNG
5b) SS Phillip Thomas FRESNO ST
6) DE Craig Roh MICHIGAN
7) QB Brad Sorensen SOUTHERN UTAH
That would be one helluva draft, but unlikely imo. I don't think Thomas and Van Noy will last nearly that long. Benavides would be a steal in 4. The only pick I don't really like is Lester. I've watched him enough and he has probs flipping his hips when turning and running. I've seen him beat bad several times. I don't think he's that good.

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
He can help cover multiple positions in case of injuries, and we could draft him to be our starting C whether that would be right away or after he learns for a year. I also think he's versatile enough to play OT because he has excellent feat and he's a good pass-blocker, but media experts don't seem to agree with my assessment on that.

A high-motor player that is 6'4 and around 250 lbs. He's made tons of big plays for Stanford. He's got a high football IQ, plays strong, plays fundamentally sound, and is a very good talent IMO.

He's bigger than people think at 6'0" and 200 lbs, but he's fast and can catch the ball. If he comes out as a Junior he will have a lot of production with not a lot of miles, he's got good vision, he can catch the ball, and it would be a huge mistake for the NFL to let a talent like this slide to us in the 3rd round, but it may happen with teams starting to like RB's closer to 5'8" (Ray Rice mold). He was a 4-star recruit coming out of high school so you know he's physically gifted.

He plays strong, and I like his body size at 6'3" and 286 lbs. He could give valuable depth on the DL, and he's battle-tested coming from the SEC. He's more of a run-stuffer than a pass-rusher, so I'd like him to bulk up 10-15 lbs and be Pickett's eventual replacement.

Simply put, how can I make a mock without him? He would be Kuhn's eventual replacement. He can run, block, and catch the ball.

Maybe he's there in the 5th and maybe he's not, but we would need a WR here. Maybe we could even trade up for one in this scenario. Otherwise we could target a Cobi Hamilton, a Jordan Matthews, or an Aaron Mallette. There's also Rodney Smith at 6'5 out of Florida St, but I need to watch him more closely. You have to like his height, though.

He has some character concerns, but I believe he can block, catch, and run routes. Low risk high reward in the the 6th.

Really, I just want to add competition to the S position here. Davis has nice size at 6'2" and 205 lbs, but insert your favorite late-round S here.

I really like this guy...about as much as Trey Millard. Cut Harrell, promote and Coleman, and put Sorensen on the PS.

I like this one more than the lead on the thread.  Instead of Cody Davis though, I would take a flyer on Lattimore RB So. Car.  He probably won't play next year, but with Randle in the 3rd, it is worth it. With the addition of OLB Thomas we could let Perry put on weight and become a DE. He's a little small but has the power to make up for it. I really like Millard. You're hooked on Sorensen huh?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:14:49 AM by Dubz41 »
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 06:23:30 AM »

I like this much better as well.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »
I could be happy with either of them with the exception of the fullback. I'd be OK with doing away with the fullback position all together. Why not teach the long snapper to block on 3rd and short and use an H-back on the other situations. I just see the fullback position as a dying breed in today's NFL.

Antonio Andolini

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 12:51:06 AM »
I keyed on Millard in their bowl game on Fri. wow is he an athlete. Seems like he can do it all, great weapon to have in the passing game. I'm on board thanks for the tip Drew.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »
I keyed on Millard in their bowl game on Fri. wow is he an athlete. Seems like he can do it all, great weapon to have in the passing game. I'm on board thanks for the tip Drew.

What was the kids name from Rutgers a few years ago that was such a great athlete? Is he even in the league. Or how about Peyton Hillis, where is he now?

These 'great athletes' at fullback do not pan out in the NFL. Unless the kid is big enough to play H-Back or TE I have no interest in him personnally.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
both mocks have some nice options.  I would take andrew jackson of nico johnson though but jackson is my wish list ilb this year.  :)

stoneburner is good value where you have him.  he finds ways to score and find holes in the zone.  im so anti osu lol but he could be a good late round player. 

nice job