October 15, 2019, 12:00:23 AM

Author Topic: James Jones gone...signed with Raiders!  (Read 16409 times)

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
Re: James Jones to Raiders
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2014, 05:37:56 AM »
I  miss the (recent) days when we had the deepest receiver corps in the league, and could line them up five wide.  I suspect Rodgers may miss them also.  Hopefully TT can restock us, but there are probably other, more pressing needs.  Maybe since we have Lacy, he figures the need for wideouts is a little less.

I appreciated the way Jones turned himself around from his early days with all the drops.  Maybe TT figured he would revert after he signed a contract.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »
Good luck #89. 

While I don't see value there for GB, I think the Raiders got tremdous value with this deal (as does PFF). 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:08 AM »
I hate to see JJ leave, but aside from staying with the Packers, going back "home" is probably his best option. A hard-working stand-up guy to be sure, and he definitely did the Packers a solid during his time here. I wish him only the best!

From a pragmatic point of view, I agree that the Packers seem to have much have the same player in Jarrett Boykin, less the veteran savvy, and maybe the down field blocking skills. But I still expect the Packers to invest at least a 3rd day draft pick in a wide receiver, then add more options via undrafted free agents.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: James Jones gone...signed with Raiders!
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2014, 07:12:54 AM »
I'm glad he is back near his home town and out of the NFC but unless they get a QB James will truly miss Rodgers.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: James Jones gone...signed with Raiders!
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:28 AM »
I'm glad he is back near his home town and out of the NFC but unless they get a QB James will truly miss Rodgers.

Agreed. Was the first thing I thought of when hearing the news. The Oakland QB situation has been unsettled or less than stellar for
some years now. Just for the hell of it, I checked the Oakland roster. They have a stable of relatively young WR's - Streater and Moore
being the names that stand out as what I'd presume to be their #1/2 - both are nice to have around, Moore seeming to be the more dynamic
a playmaker.  Not sure of their FA / contract status, but their numbers are similar to Jones - i.e. not a huge jump in production. So it could be considered a good addition of proven talent - or it could be why the need? The word is Oakland needs a bunch of players - and this being a WR deep draft, unsure why they didn't choose to draft/develop one.....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:39:15 AM by Leader »