September 15, 2019, 09:55:45 PM

Author Topic: 1st post combine mock  (Read 3364 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
1st post combine mock
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
I think this would add a lot of talent to the defense with three potential good pass rushers, a stud inside linebacker and two real good CB prospects. Although one will be red shirted.

1  ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA 6'2 235
2  OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON TENNESSEE 6'6 330
3  WR MARTAVIS BRYANT CLEMSON 6'4 211
Comp: CB Keith McGill Utah State 6'3 214
4  DE KAREEM MARTIN NORTH CAROLINA 6'6 275
5  OLB ADRIAN HUBBARD ALABAMA 6'5 255
6  DE AARON LYNCH USF 6'5 250
Comp: CB AARON COLVIN OKLAHOMA 6'0 186
7 RB James Wilder JR. Fla. St 6'2 230
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:55:45 AM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
Re: 1st post combine mock
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »
Unless we sign a big fatty I think TT will draft one.  I'm hoping for Ellis or carrathers.

Not a big group overall.  I think Martian goes before the 4 th though

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
I noticed that you don't have a safety on your projected draft. Are you assuming a FA signing? Also, an OT and WR early seems to be a bit odd. What is your thinking on these picks?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:21 PM »
I noticed that you don't have a safety on your projected draft. Are you assuming a FA signing? Also, an OT and WR early seems to be a bit odd. What is your thinking on these picks?

Micah Hyde would be his thinking towards Safety.

I like this draft a lot. Pretty much everyone on there I wouldn't hesitate to draft where you did.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:57:34 AM »

Couple of thoughts there:

1. BPA
2. As far as T: Bulaga and Sherrod are free agents after 2014 so you'd better plan ahead. This kid should become a very good player.
3. As far as WR: I am going under the assumption James Jones is gone. That leaves us with two legitimate NFL WR's and Boykin who played well last year and might be the real deal. Look at the injury scenario from last year. IMO, we're thin there with no 4th option. This kid is got a lot of upside.
4. Safety will come from Hyde moving over, Richardson or a free agent which there are a few to choose from. I just don't like the safeties in round 1 and the two real options are going to be gone in round 2. Tre Boston in round five was a possibility, but he'd be more of a project.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:02:37 AM by golfman »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 04:00:46 AM »
Unless we sign a big fatty I think TT will draft one.  I'm hoping for Ellis or carrathers.

Johnny Jolly will be cleared and I believe resigned. We're going to get smaller on the d-line from reports I've read. I think between Jolly, Boyd, Worthy and a free agent pickup (mid to low tier) we'll be OK at nose. With the article of Perry playing more of an elephant role, I see us going to a 3-4 that actually looks like a 4-3 or has some 4-3 to it. I wanted to get as many pass rushers as possible with Martin, Hubbard and Lynch.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 05:39:11 AM »

Johnny Jolly will be cleared and I believe resigned. We're going to get smaller on the d-line from reports I've read. I think between Jolly, Boyd, Worthy and a free agent pickup (mid to low tier) we'll be OK at nose. With the article of Perry playing more of an elephant role, I see us going to a 3-4 that actually looks like a 4-3 or has some 4-3 to it. I wanted to get as many pass rushers as possible with Martin, Hubbard and Lynch.

I hear ya and agree you can never have enough pass rushers.  I really hope Jolly does come back but Its still hard to count on him all yr.  He did have neck surgery so I feel he isnt going to be ready to go early if at all next yr.    He did also wear down last yr and if hes recovering from a neck surgery i dont see him in football shape. I dont think hes a true NT.  Worthy is not a nose be any means.  I do hope Boyd makes a 2nd yr jump.  We have some money I do hope a FA is brought in.  I have my wish list but ill take any vet that can help.

Ive seen some reports also about getting smaller but none were from the packers.  Straight from the horses mouth (MM and TT) is we need to get bigger and longer at the 5 techs.  The Perry thing i see kinda like the ravens move Suggs around.  I like the idea!!  I think it will add another wrinkle and hopefully help us on those damn 3rd and longs we cant seem to get off the field on. 

Overall though we need to be able to get pressure in our base package.  We havent had a guy push the middle of the pocket since the SB run.  Im not against this draft at all but unless we can add some missing pieces I see alot of the same problems from last yr. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:26:37 AM by backthepack4ever »

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:39:37 AM »

At this point I think TT almost has to dip into FA to upgrade the S opposite Burnett.  I would be pretty discouraged if moving Hyde to S is GB's primary plan for improving the position in 2014.  I wouldn't be overly optimistic about any rookie coming in and making an immediate impact either.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

At this point I think TT almost has to dip into FA to upgrade the S opposite Burnett.  I would be pretty discouraged if moving Hyde to S is GB's primary plan for improving the position in 2014.  I wouldn't be overly optimistic about any rookie coming in and making an immediate impact either.

I cant agree more.  We need a FA vet to come in for a true upgrade.  Nothing against hyde but Id take Chris Clemons or mike mitchell or... football gods willing, bryd/Ward. 

Id draft a rookie in the middle to groom down the road. 

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »

I fully expect most of the 8M which was initially set aside for Raji to be spent on a FA wide body (or two) to replace him.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »

I cant agree more.  We need a FA vet to come in for a true upgrade.  Nothing against hyde but Id take Chris Clemons or mike mitchell or... football gods willing, bryd/Ward. 

Id draft a rookie in the middle to groom down the road.

Nate Allen would fit in TT's "spending universe".

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »

I fully expect most of the 8M which was initially set aside for Raji to be spent on a FA wide body (or two) to replace him.

Depends on how much goes to keep Shields and/or T-Will renegotiating or getting released.
Antonio Johnson might be a budget type signing that would fit price/scheme wise.