October 15, 2019, 12:44:17 AM

Author Topic: Is Green Bay in play for Jones or Houston??  (Read 11489 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Is Green Bay in play for Jones or Houston??
« on: March 09, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
Credit this to philepps85 for being the first one to post it over in NFL Talk. He had some twitter links that he shared, but I am finding more info on it so I hope it means Ted has come out to play with the big boys!!

Arthur Jones:

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/03/09/arthur-jones-interest-green-bay-packers/

Per a source close to the Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson, you can add the Green Bay Packers to the list of Jones’s suitors, and Wilson reported earlier that this list includes the Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, New York Giants, and Minnesota Vikings.

Lamarr Houston:

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/03/09/lamarr-houston-interest-green-bay-packers/

the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports that the Green Bay Packers “are among those interested” in Houston.

I know it's NFL SpinZone, but he does list credible primary sources in Rapoport and Aaron Wilson.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:58:40 AM by LMGAdmin »

50PoundHead

Re: Is Green Bay in play??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »
Interesting guys.  I remember Houston coming out of college was considered a bit of a risk, but he seems to have done alright as a pro.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
Frustrating at this point.  Lots of rumors, no good information, 2 days before everything heats up.

It would be great if the Packers could land an impact player, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I would rather be surprised if it happens.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
I guess it's more interesting than not hearing anything, but I  won't make too much of it until I hear the player is at the GB airport.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
I guess it's more interesting than not hearing anything, but I  won't make too much of it until I hear the player is at the GB airport.

No! No!

That's happened before, and we still lost that player to another team. He never left the airport.

It's only something to get excited about when he shows up at 1265 Lombardi Ave.

But, it's great to think about!   ;D

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 02:29:21 PM »
Once a player is at the airport, that's when I wouldn't be able to prevent getting my hopes up.  These tweets are dime a dozen.

Offline HJTRAS

• Second String
Cortland Finnegan Being released
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
I think the human terrier Cortland Finnegan in the slot with Shields and Williams as corners move Hyde to safety with Burnett would be great
Cortland Finnegan would add the type of attitude this secondary needs. I still LMAO at how Finnegan suckered Johnson into getting ejected. The dude took a couple major roundhouses for his team and laughed . too funny.

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
Re: Cortland Finnegan Being released
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
I will stick with Casey Heyward.  He was one of the best slot cbs in the NLF his rookie year. 

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »
Agree Hayward is much better and much younger we need safety help not corner help

Offline HJTRAS

• Second String
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
No doubt but He wasn't available a guy like Cortland Finnegan bringing him along could be very advantageous. Finnegan brings an attitude we don't have. I think a one year 2 mill contract would get him here and tutor Hayward.

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Hayward is already better then him and y do we want more 15 yard penalties on defense from him for his adittude not for me

Offline HJTRAS

• Second String
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 02:58:45 PM »
any attitude on our defense would be advantageous. Big deal if you suffer through a few roughness penalties. Cortland Finnegan will get you as many as he gets. its a wash.

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »
No doubt but He wasn't available a guy like Cortland Finnegan bringing him along could be very advantageous. Finnegan brings an attitude we don't have. I think a one year 2 mill contract would get him here and tutor Hayward.

You want one of the bigger headcases in the NFL tutoring a really good young cb like Heyward.  If Heyward wont be ready I would still just keep Hyde at the slot and get a safety

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »
I think the human terrier Cortland Finnegan in the slot with Shields and Williams as corners move Hyde to safety with Burnett would be great
Cortland Finnegan would add the type of attitude this secondary needs. I still LMAO at how Finnegan suckered Johnson into getting ejected. The dude took a couple major roundhouses for his team and laughed . too funny.

Moved here because Finnegan is not a player on the Packers nor is it GB Packers News.

Please read the Forums suggested topics before starting threads.

Thanks.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
I believe rushing is a numbers game. When Matthews and Jenkins were serious threats, and we still had some push from Raji or Pickett and another OLB to account for, they couldn't contain us very well.

Give us Matthews and another very good OLB, plus Raji or Pickett inside with Daniels or Neal, and I think we can get back to that. You can't double two guys. In my mind that's the key to the pass rush, to have two guys you want to double. Someone is going to get through, followed pretty quickly by a jail break.

This is the key to a modern defense: stopping the run and rushing the passer with 4 guys. If you can do that (Seattle can) then you have an excellent defense.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.