November 30, 2020, 12:02:34 PM

Author Topic: First Mock for 2013  (Read 2211 times)

Offline BucEbadger

• Rookie
First Mock for 2013
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
First Round
Eric Fisher LT Central Michigan

OL was very thin to start with and now with the loss of Bulaga its time to address the OL again.. Fisher is a huge sleeper that is now moving up draft boards reminds many of former CM OT Joe Staley. Rodgers health takes priority

Second Round
Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Raw DE who was a track star in Ghana who only started playing football in 2010.. 6-5 270 with great speed could develop into the second pass rusher opp CM

Third Round
Michael Buchanan OLB Illinois

Thought to have first round talent the play so far has not been of that.. Not a need for GB but to much value to pass up on at this point of the draft

Fourth Round
Marquess Wilson WR Washington St

Big target who has some issues but if they can be addressed and fixed has the talent to be a 2-3 round draft pick. With Jenning and DD most likely gone Wilson could get early playing time

Fourth Round - Comp Pick Flynn
Silas Redd RB USC

Green and Starks have not been the backs MM was hoping and after Benson went down they became more unbalanced. Redd is a solid back who's not great at one thing but can be solid at everything

Fifth Round
Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

Has the size and speed TT loves in his CBs. Had a huge scare in the Wisconsin game when he was carted off but is back.. Can never have enough quality CBs..

Fifth Round - Comp Pick Wells
T.J. Johnson OC South Carolina

Blue Collar type OL who plays till the whistle.. Hes a bigger Center at 6-5 with a little coaching and some more time in the weight room he could be a steal..

Sixth Round
Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati

With so many Questions at the TE spot GB looks for a project and Kelce is a raw prospect who has all the tools to go along with solid size.. Does have some issues that got him suspended for the entire 2010 season.

Round Seven
Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt

Younger Brother of our star QB who Aaron can help develop.. Reminds me of Ty Detmer as they both were on the shorter end not very strong arms, nibble enough to run but know how to move the ball..

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
Re: First Mock for 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
I like it. I've recently learned more about Ansah, and the guy sounds like a beast from an athletic standpoint. Apparently he ran the 200-meters in around 22 seconds and has a 39-inch vertical. I've recently moved him up to 42nd on my Big Board, and some people are starting to wonder if he'll make it out of the 1st round.

Fisher's my 3rd favorite OT this year behind both TEXAS A&M OT's. I haven't moved him up on my Big Board yet, but I'm going to today probably.

My 2 biggest issues are WR Marquess Wilson WASHINGTON ST in the 4th and QB Jordan Rodgers VANDERBILT in the 7th. Cincinnati tried the whole brother thing and that didn't turn out well. Carson Palmer ended up retiring from football just to not play with Cincinnati and I don't even think they ever gave his brother a shot. I'm not sure if the Packers not drafting Colin McCarthy is a sign that they will stay away from family or not, too. I will say that I definitely like QB Brad Sorensen SOUTHERN UTAH better, but I like Jordan Rodgers a decent amount from a football standpoint.

As for Wilson, I'd be surprised if we took him at all. He's got MAJOR concerns, and he was around the 4 round range before he decided to quit football and turn his back on his teammates. On top of that he decided to publicly come out against his coaches for abuse which really seems like he's stretching the truth, and in order for his stock to be saved at all something major will have to come out about abuse at Washington St (there's an investigation going on right now). Wilson didn't practice hard so he got benched, instead of bettering himself he decided to break team rules to get himself suspended, and then instead of really bettering himself he decided to quit on his team and try to bring coaches down with him. I definitely don't want a player that quits when the going gets tough.

Lastly, someone apparently asked the Compensatory Pick Guru and unofficially he think we're getting a 4th and 7th. The salaries and playing time account for a 4th and 5th, but the difference between the Wells contract and the Saturday contract make it a 7th. I forgot to account for the Saturday contract and that all makes sense to me. If we decide to keep Jennings and you remove the Wilson pick and make it the Redd pick and then add a 7th round comp pick I think that could be good.
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!