September 19, 2018, 09:20:14 AM

Author Topic: Marshall Newhouse status?  (Read 8656 times)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
Re: Marshall Newhouse status?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 04:34:13 AM »
We all know he was a below average NFL player.

Now why the hatred and disrespect? Is there some idea that he was just dancing around out there, not really trying, not really giving his best effort?

Or maybe you think it makes you look special to dump all over a guy whose big crime was being a 50hp guy trying to succeed at a 100hp job.

We had a desperate need. We were out of options. He tried.

I don't see how making a joke implies he didn't try, or is hateful, for that matter. Do Fallon, Letterman, Kimmel, Conan, Colbert, etc., hate every sitting president because they make jokes about them? No, of course not.

Yeah, that's the same thing, yeah... Jokes are funny, this is bashing.

Newhouse working at McDonalds-- what, did he buy one?

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
Apparently Newhouse is visiting the Bengals. Hopefully it leads to a small, multi-year contract that counts towards the Comp pick formula for next year. So far, the Packers have lost James Jones and Evan Dietrich-Smith while adding no players who count against them. Didn't think Walden would get the contract that he did, but I gladly welcome a comp pick for losing him. It would be even more impressive if they can nab one for Marshall Newhouse.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
Apparently Newhouse is visiting the Bengals. Hopefully it leads to a small, multi-year contract that counts towards the Comp pick formula for next year. So far, the Packers have lost James Jones and Evan Dietrich-Smith while adding no players who count against them. Didn't think Walden would get the contract that he did, but I gladly welcome a comp pick for losing him. It would be even more impressive if they can nab one for Marshall Newhouse.

Does M.D. Jennings count or is he exempt because he wasn't tendered?

Jones should easily be good for a 5th assuming he starts and plays well. EDS signed a decent contract and could fetch a 6th...

Offline Favre2Rodgers

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »

Jones should easily be good for a 5th assuming he starts and plays well. EDS signed a decent contract and could fetch a 6th...

M.D. Jennings will count because he wasn't cut.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
Heard he filled out an application at the local McDonalds. Not certain if he'll get an interview yet though.

He'd actually be highly qualified for that. He's been letting pass rushers drive through for years.

HA!

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

M.D. Jennings will count because he wasn't cut.

Actually, Jennings won't count because he was a RFA that wasn't tendered. Nor do Franchise/Transition players, players who were cut or any veteran who signs a one year contract below a specific threshold (typically around $850 k or more).

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 04:18:16 AM »
We all know he was a below average NFL player.

Now why the hatred and disrespect? Is there some idea that he was just dancing around out there, not really trying, not really giving his best effort?

Or maybe you think it makes you look special to dump all over a guy whose big crime was being a 50hp guy trying to succeed at a 100hp job.

We had a desperate need. We were out of options. He tried.

So, does this mean we have to stop calling him Outhouse? I feel like we should be able to because everytime he was out there last season whoever lined up against him was taking a figurative dump all over him on their way to the Packers' backfield.

I don't see how making a joke implies he didn't try, or is hateful, for that matter. Do Fallon, Letterman, Kimmel, Conan, Colbert, etc., hate every sitting president because they make jokes about them? No, of course not.

Yeah, that's the same thing, yeah... Jokes are funny, this is bashing.

Newhouse working at McDonalds-- what, did he buy one?

Offline JASIII

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
Outhouse is gone.  Signed by the Bengals.  Addition by subtraction for the Packers.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »
Outhouse is gone.  Signed by the Bengals.  Addition by subtraction for the Packers.

Curious on the details and if leads to comp. pick, but I doubt it as they signed him as backup for depth.

Wish him the best with Bengals.

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »
Just glad he's not on the packers anymore !!!!

50PoundHead

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
I wish him luck.  I thought he showed some promise early, but he just didn't improve.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »
There is a reason his nickname is "Poohouse" on this forum... just saying. He's turrible.

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
Marshall Newhouse must have killed the dogs of several posters here as you wouldn't think being a 5th round pick who became a slightly below average backup would draw so much hate.

Regardless, I hope he does well.  Maybe he can follow in Giacomini's footsteps and improve with a new system.  While I won't say "addition by subtraction" I will say the Packers already had 4 tackles with more talent on the roster, so I doubt this hurts them.

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
Marshall Newhouse must have killed the dogs of several posters here as you wouldn't think being a 5th round pick who became a slightly below average backup would draw so much hate.

Regardless, I hope he does well.  Maybe he can follow in Giacomini's footsteps and improve with a new system.  While I won't say "addition by subtraction" I will say the Packers already had 4 tackles with more talent on the roster, so I doubt this hurts them.

He was more than "slightly below average." He was one of the worst o-lineman to step foot on an NFL field last year.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 05:14:01 PM »
1.1 million high school kids played football last year.
65,500 college students played in NCAA football programs. 6%
2100 people played for the NFL last year. 3%
Of those about 860 were starters. 40%.
That's a bit less than one in a thousand, actually about 7 in 10,000.

So, he's "poohouse" 'cause he's not in the upper half of 7 in 10,000. Ok. And therefore deserves not just disrespect, but elementary school playground levels of disrespect.

Your turn: tell us in which field you're better than 9,996 out of 10,000.

Of course this observation makes the answer obvious: you're not in the top 4 out of 10,000 at anything, 'cause you're busy still living out your days on an elementary school playground.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:37:13 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!