October 15, 2019, 09:59:16 PM

Author Topic: James Ihedigbo  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
James Ihedigbo
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
I would love to see Green Bay bring him in!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Free agent S James Ihedigbo left Detroit without a deal, but is still expected to sign with the Lions.

Ihedigbo is currently between agents and his wife is pregnant, so he has a lot on his plate. It sounds like the Lions intend to sign him as a starter next to Glover Quin. Former Ravens DBs coach turned Lions DC Teryl Austin said Ihedigbo was one of the Baltimore's most influential defensive leaders last year. Mar 13 - 2:54 PM
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: James Ihedigbo
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
I'd be fine with bringing him in. Good player!

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:55 AM »
I agree, I would like this guy. A lot more than Clemons.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:57:57 AM »

Oh I'd much rather have Clemons.  Clemons though bad in run support is a true Center Field safety with elite speed and range.  I think Ihedigbo is a strong Safety/ near the line of scrimmage type.  I'd much rather have Burnett filling that roll as I don't think he can be depended on in coverage consistantly.   Though it would never happen, personally I'd love to see both players asd I see both of them as big upgrades over what he had last season.   

I'm actually very surprise Clemons is still available. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »

Oh I'd much rather have Clemons.  Clemons though bad in run support is a true Center Field safety with elite speed and range.  I think Ihedigbo is a strong Safety/ near the line of scrimmage type.  I'd much rather have Burnett filling that roll as I don't think he can be depended on in coverage consistantly.   Though it would never happen, personally I'd love to see both players asd I see both of them as big upgrades over what he had last season.   

Do you think it's his age?  I was thinking he was 30+. If he still has elite speed and can catch great, but if he misses tackles like Burnett I pass...

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »

Do you think it's his age?  I was thinking he was 30+. If he still has elite speed and can catch great, but if he misses tackles like Burnett I pass...

Clemons is 28.

This is the issue you are going to have when you take the road of picking up NFL scraps for fow guaranteed contracts.  You aren't going to find a good all around player unless you get very lucky.  Clemons has great range but his hands are actually not very good. 

While our safeties last year were terrible at both stopping the run and in coverage, I'd rather have Free Safety that is strong in coverage.  Clemons, while he doesn't make a lot of game changing plays, is very good in coverage.  Like I said in my previous post, despite the monsterous deal Burnett has I'd take both guys mentioned as I veiw both big upgrades over the trash we had to watch last year.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »

I like Clemons too and he would be great to have as a Safety. At this point I would take either one. Not sure why Green Bay is not addressing this need. Even if we draft a great player, it takes 2-3 even 4 years before they really start to click and make huge strides.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »

I like Clemons too and he would be great to have as a Safety. At this point I would take either one. Not sure why Green Bay is not addressing this need. Even if we draft a great player, it takes 2-3 even 4 years before they really start to click and make huge strides.

Well we have almost 2 months until the draft, so there's a lot of time to address it still. We will see what TT and MM decide.

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:58:49 AM »
Signed with the Lions. I'd be more inclined to go after DeCoud at this point. He's played at a Pro Bowl level in the past.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
Signed with the Lions. I'd be more inclined to go after DeCoud at this point. He's played at a Pro Bowl level in the past.

While that upside is intriguing I think I'd rather have Clemon's consistency in coverage.  DeCoud was terrible last year.