October 14, 2019, 11:31:25 PM

Author Topic: Chris Clemons  (Read 6493 times)

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
Chris Clemons
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
He's still out there and a pretty reliable safety I think we could get him at a good value because I haven't heard of any teams interested in him and then would could draft a mid round safety because it is really starting to look like we r not going to get haha or Pryor in the draft according to the last few mock drafts I've seen

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Chris Clemons
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:27:42 PM »
Sign Clemons and draft Deone Bucannon in the 2nd

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 06:24:34 PM »
Since he's still available, there must be a reason. So, although I really want a veteran safety to help out Burnett, I definitely don't want the Packers making a move out of desperation. Although I'd be really interested in knowing what is being planned.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
I would be to maybe he's asking for to much money but he has been very productive the past 2 years and is averaging just under 3 pics a year which would be a Hugh improvement from the 0 r safety's put up last year

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
Since he's still available, there must be a reason. So, although I really want a veteran safety to help out Burnett, I definitely don't want the Packers making a move out of desperation. Although I'd be really interested in knowing what is being planned.

I don't understand the logic of this.

I mean Woodson was still out there when we signed him.

There was nothing wrong with him.  As he later proved.

Clemons is not in that class, but he is an above average players who is better than what we have right now.

Offline davekenya

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »

Hmmm...channeling Groucho Marx --  of the "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member" fame perhaps?    8)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 04:56:54 AM »

I don't understand the logic of this.

I mean Woodson was still out there when we signed him.

There was nothing wrong with him.  As he later proved.

Clemons is not in that class, but he is an above average players who is better than what we have right now.
Execept there were reasons why nobody offered Woodson other than the Packers. It had to do with his attitude and evalautors thinking he was done. The Packers proving that wrong later doesn't change the fact that there were reasons why 31 other teams didn't offer him.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:36:45 AM »
Except they were all wrong.

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »

i agree, I don't think Clemons is really all that good.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:32:11 AM by EXIT_HERE »

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
I would be to maybe he's asking for to much money but he has been very productive the past 2 years and is averaging just under 3 pics a year which would be a Hugh improvement from the 0 r safety's put up last year

He had one INT in 16 games last year, and 2 the year before. Clearly he isn't averaging 3 picks a year. Hes not a huge improvement, in fact his entire career has been full of ups and downs. Hes very average.

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »
Oo ya I was reading passes deflected and for some reason thought I read picks I'm just saying though he's better then anyone we have or might be able to draft because it's looking like we won't be in the running for the top 2 safeties in the draft

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »
I think a lot of fans looked favorably at Clemens because what we already have isn't all that great so anybody would be an improvement.   ;)  But the fact that he is still unemployed speaks volumes.   :-\

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »
Gotta imagine TT is gunshy about fringe free agent safeties after striking out on Earl Little, Marquand Manuel, Anthony Smith, etc.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »
I think a lot of fans looked favorably at Clemens because what we already have isn't all that great so anybody would be an improvement.   ;)  But the fact that he is still unemployed speaks volumes.   :-\

Welllllllll.....I'd offer to play.
For FREE in fact - be real cap friendly!
But I honestly dont think I'd be an improvement (at this stage)  :)

Offline davekenya

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
Right now TT is up 2 players from a compensation pick standpoint (EDS and Jones -- and a tiny bit for Newhouse).  If he were to take a flyer on Clem0ns, we'd lose a comp pick as Clemons is a UFA I believe.  I think TT factors this into consideration -- basically, would he want to give up a 5th round comp pick and pay a guy 2M/year or use that 5th rounder to draft a guy and pay him peanuts?