December 16, 2018, 03:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Trade out of the 1st mock  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
Trade out of the 1st mock
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:39:07 AM »
Got bored picking the same old players, so I changed things up some in this mock.  Not only selecting different players, but threw a trade in as well.  A trade that was mentioned in another thread was GB trading #21 to CLE for #35 and #71, so I'll use that scenario for this mock.

RD2(35): DL Ra'Sheed Hageman (Minnesota)
- Don't like Hageman at #21, but like him plenty here. With his size and skill set, Hageman can line up anywhere on the DL.

RD2(53): S Terrance Brooks (Florida State)
- Fast, athletic and aggressive. Wish he had little more size, but Brooks isn't undersized either. Has the speed and coverage ability I'm looking for at S.

RD3(71): LB Telvin Smith (Florida State)
- Much like Brandon Chillar from a few years back, I see Smith as the designated coverage LB in the the nickel / dime packages.  He'd also be a core special teams player.

RD3(85): CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Nebraska)
- Good size and athletic ability, but speed is a concern. His skill set should match up well vs the big WR's GB seems to struggle with.

RD3(98c): TE CJ Fiedorowitz (Iowa)
- I've always thought Fiedo to GB made sense, so I'll keep selecting him.  That being said, I'm beginning to think fans like him more than GM's do.

RD4(121): WR Cody Latimer (Indiana)
- Big, strong, productive WR with soft hands. Many write ups mention his lack of speed as a weakness, but the 4.38 from his pro day is going to move him up draft boards. It now seems iffy to me that he'll be available at this spot.

RD5(161): C Tyler Larsen (Utah State)
- Wouldn't hate taking a C prospect earlier than this, but I don't think TT feels the same way.  Given GB's C situation, I'd expect Larsen to be competing for a starting role right off the bat.  Let the best man win.

RD5(176c): QB Tom Savage (Pittsburgh)
- I think this is spot is where TT starts considering spending a pick at QB.  Savage is a s big, strong armed QB who'll need some time to develop.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Trade out of the 1st mock
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
There is another mock I really like and believe if Shazier and Mosley are gone our best play is to trade out. Barring a severe drop by a guy like Anthony Barr (don't laugh he's falling down draft boards now).

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »
I'd love to see Barr fall into the Packers grasp. The biggest liability this team has is at LB. 3-4 linebackers have to be playmakers. Heck, I'd trade up for Barr in the first and then try to move up for Van Noy in the 2nd. That's a lot to invest at LB, but I think it would pay HUGE dividends.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »
I'd love to see Barr fall into the Packers grasp. The biggest liability this team has is at LB. 3-4 linebackers have to be playmakers. Heck, I'd trade up for Barr in the first and then try to move up for Van Noy in the 2nd. That's a lot to invest at LB, but I think it would pay HUGE dividends.

I'd be down for that scenario if we could score those two.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
Trade up for Van Noy in the 2nd???

crazy)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »
Trade up for Van Noy in the 2nd???

crazy)

I realize that he's fallen off the radar for a lot of people, but I absolutely would look to trade up for him. I've had the benefit of watching him over his entire 4 year career and I have no doubt that he'd be an immediate difference maker for the Packers as an inside linebacker. I'd probably try to trade back in the 1st round and then pick Ra'Shede Hageman, Calvin Pryor, Louis Nix or Jason Verrett and then trade up for Van Noy.

The defense needs some help badly. I wouldn't hesitate to trade that late 3rd or 4th round pick to end up with a player that I have a first round grade on early in the 2nd round. To each his own though, I guess.

Maybe they don't need to trade up for him and can land him at #53. That would be awesome if possible. I just think that he's being very underrated right now and will go somewhere around the 40's.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:09:24 PM by Ellis269 »