October 16, 2019, 10:56:31 PM

Author Topic: Your Pre- Draft Top 3  (Read 9183 times)

Offline lee54

• Rookie
Re: Your Pre- Draft Top 3
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »
The first thing I do is start looking for a new job, because this one is a no win situation.  Then I supply the names of 3 guys I think will go in round 2, because I probably need to buy some time to find my new job.  So I give you Roby, Van Noy, and Richberg.  Plausible, but safe from firing right after the draft.

As a GM, what I am hoping for is that a player falls that I never expected I would have a chance at.  Like Bulaga at 23 in the 2010 draft, or Rodgers in 2005.

Offline b0ss24

• Rookie
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
mine would be in order

RYAN SHAZIER -- I'm in agreement with everybody that we need speed witch he brings!!!!

DEONE BUCANNON  -- I personally think he is a bigger version of Pryor. Yes hes basically a 2ND round talent but high 2ND that I wouldn't mind in the 1st if the 2 middle linebackers and safeties are gone.

JORDAN MATTHEWS -- I just think hes more of a complete player than some meaning size speed age and smarts.
           OR
AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS -- If I could get a solid 40 time based on need???

To me the third one was hard because I'm not a fan of any d-line guys in the first and the same can be said for wr because of our and the drafts depth.

Offline SackMan

• Second String
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »
Mosley, hageman, pryor/ward, manzel (because every scout needs to be able to tell one good joke)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 05:17:55 AM »

I actually dreamt that the Packers selected the Safety - Pryor - with the 21st pick.
I actually dreamt it. Get this damn thing over with. HA!  :)

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 07:18:50 AM »
go ahead and fire me

Gilbert
Barr
Evans

good chance they are there

Fuller
Shazier
Mosely

just to keep my job (all 2nd rounders imo)

Hagman
Cody Latimer
Marcus Smith
Kelvin Benjamin

Offline SunshinePacker

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 07:10:50 AM »
Mosley at 21 (no explanation needed)

Nix at 21 (guys his size are tough to find and we have no long-term plan at NT)

Trade down and take Hageman high in the second round.

I initially had Shazier as the trade down target in the second round but I really don't think he'll fall past the Broncos at 31. While I like Shazier's potential, I just think he's more valuable to a team that runs a 4-3 like Denver than he is to us.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:12:06 AM by SunshinePacker »

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »
1.  Either top tier safety- There is not a pair of safeties in the NFL that is worse than th3e groupo that contunoies to embarress the packers last year.  I think either player is an immediate and big upgrade over any safety we have on the roster.  both players can play either position.  I'd have Burnett and Hyde battle for the other safety spot as I don't think Burnett is a starting caliber NFL safety.  He's a roll player that is being paid like he is a super star.  IMO the biggest mistake in Thompson's career this far was signing Burnett over Shield.  Ti costed the Packers 10's of millions of dollars.  Now instead of having two players at good deals, we've got two players that have monster contracts they haven't earned. 

2.  Mosley- He's the best all around LB in this group.  Had it not been for the injury concerns you'd be talking about a top 10 pick.  He's the best coverage LB in this draft and he's been a tackling machine at Bama.

3A.  Trade down for Shazier, Van Roy,  Benjamin, Seferian-Jenkins or Ward.

3B. Nix
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Raff

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
1.  HaSean Clinton-Dix
2.  C.J. Mosley
3.  Tom Savage

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »

I initially had Shazier as the trade down target in the second round but I really don't think he'll fall past the Broncos at 31. While I like Shazier's potential, I just think he's more valuable to a team that runs a 4-3 like Denver than he is to us.

And there-in lies the mystery to this years Packer defense.

Currently, only TT/MM/DC know what kind of defense the Packers will put on the field this year.

If it's similar to what SEA does, than speed-speed-speed is what is needed at LB, and Shazier would be the better choice.

If they are going to be more "3-4" stuff, like the last 4 years, the Mosley is the better choice.

Offline Gopackgo12

• Second String
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 07:42:40 PM »
Mine would be Mosley, ward, or the one or more CB that will drop in the first rd. I would be fine with Mosley at 21, a falling CB at 21(if we can't trade down), trade down( pick 33-40) pick up jimmy ward. Best case we get Mosley at 21 and either ward falls or we trade up to get ward. Think he would be a great center fielder for us. For me it is a toss up between Pryor and ward.

Offline SunshinePacker

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »

Currently, only TT/MM/DC know what kind of defense the Packers will put on the field this year.

If it's similar to what SEA does, than speed-speed-speed is what is needed at LB, and Shazier would be the better choice.

If they are going to be more "3-4" stuff, like the last 4 years, the Mosley is the better choice.

Speed is only speed if the player can react and make the right reads. Mosley may not time as well in shorts but his on-the-field speed is better than Shazier's because Mosley doesn't waste any motion or hesitate. Also, since the coaches have flat out said that Raji will be playing NT this year, I'm pretty sure we're sticking with the 3-4. Only real difference might be that one of our OLB in pass defense sets will have his hand in the dirt playing 'elephant' rather than standing up.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 12:13:15 PM »

Speed is only speed if the player can react and make the right reads. Mosley may not time as well in shorts but his on-the-field speed is better than Shazier's because Mosley doesn't waste any motion or hesitate. Also, since the coaches have flat out said that Raji will be playing NT this year, I'm pretty sure we're sticking with the 3-4. Only real difference might be that one of our OLB in pass defense sets will have his hand in the dirt playing 'elephant' rather than standing up.

They have also said that Raji won't be playing 2-gap as a NT. They want him in 1-gap and penetrating.
So that tells me it's not going to be a true 3-4 defense.

Not saying they will, but they could be dreaming up a modified version of the 46-defense. That would still need a NT and LB's that can attack/disrupt behind the LOS.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
go ahead and fire me

Gilbert
Barr
Evans

good chance they are there

Fuller
Shazier
Mosely

just to keep my job (all 2nd rounders imo)

Hagman
Cody Latimer
Marcus Smith
Kelvin Benjamin

Latimer will be at Radio City Music hall in two weeks.  Matt Miller said that he's the #4 WR on the Packers list.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him go late first.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

I actually dreamt that the Packers selected the Safety - Pryor - with the 21st pick.
I actually dreamt it. Get this damn thing over with. HA!  :)

This is when you should become concerned....

VERY concerned

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline robertgoulet

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
1) Mosley
2) Mosley
3) Mosley

;D