October 17, 2019, 11:33:19 PM

Author Topic: WRs - WOW  (Read 2032 times)

Offline morango

• HOF Member
WRs - WOW
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
CBS article here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24544898/nfl-draft-amazing-array-of-pro-ready-talent-at-wide-receiver

I know this has been talked over and over and over, but it really is a shockingly deep class for WRs. I have followed the draft for years and not seen ANY position group as loaded as WR is this year. No megatrons at the top, but WOW... the depth.  It has has been posted numerous times already - There are high quality WRs through the 4th round and upside potential all the way until the end of the draft.

I am fine actually with TT grabbing at least two this year - one early and one late.

My favorites are:

Beckham in the 1st
Moncrief, Matthews and Latimer in the 2nd
Adams in the 3rd
Street, Norwood, Coleman, Huff in the 4th
Janis and Davis in the 6th

Plus there's a lot more from smaller schools worth a a spot on the practice squad

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: WRs - WOW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »
Might even consider 1 or 2 after the draft as udfa's to compete as well. You never know where you can find that diamond!

Offline SunshinePacker

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Not sure I see anything about Beckham that makes me think he's definitely better than Cody lattimer, Jordan Matthews, etc. Beckham runs better routes at this point but since any rookie WR is proabably a year or two from helping us, other highly ranked WRs should be able to improve their route running as well, and Beckham doesn't have upside that some of the other highly ranked WRs have.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
The Packers have a big need for help in the return game so I would give extra consideration to someone who can help in this area like Huff

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
I think you need to add Abbrederis to this list. I think he is vastly underrated due to the lack of skilled QBs at WI since Wilson left.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:41:26 AM »
I think you need to add Abbrederis to this list. I think he is vastly underrated due to the lack of skilled QBs at WI since Wilson left.

thumbsup)

He is also someone who could take over as the kick/punt returner.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:20:46 AM »
I'm partial to either Moncrief or Allen Robinson in the 2nd round.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »
I'm partial to either Moncrief or Allen Robinson in the 2nd round.

Yes Yes Yes...

and Norwood or Janis in the 6th

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »
Draftniks are all over the place on receivers this year, too. I've seen Latimer in mock drafts in the mid- to late first round and other experts who have him as the 15th best receiver. Same with Allen Robinson and Davante Adams.

So many differing opinions on so many WRs, it makes me salivate at the prospect of somebody with serious upside falling to the third round or so.