October 15, 2018, 04:56:25 PM

Author Topic: WalterFootball.com 6 round mock with good Packer picks  (Read 2047 times)

Offline stillcrazee

• Starter
WalterFootball.com 6 round mock with good Packer picks
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:18 AM »
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

I would give this an A- for Green Bay.  Basically addresses all of our needs.  For Green Bay I would change our 4th round pick, and our 6th round pick.

1st round:  CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
2nd round:  Jace Amaro, TE, Texas A & M
3rd round:  Terrence Brooks, S, Florida State
3rd round:  Jared Abbredaris, WR, Wisconsin
4th round:  Will Clarke, DT/DE, West Virginia.  My pick would be - Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
5th round:  Russell Bodine, G/C, North Carolina
5th round:  David Fales, QB, San Jose State
6th round:  Kapri Bibbs, RB, Colorado State.  My pick would be - Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: WalterFootball.com 6 round mock with good Packer picks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
Thompson's aversion as it would seem to Wisconsin players make the Abbredaris pick unlikely. I do like the draft although would be more thrilled if we stayed defense in round two and grabbed someone like: Tuitt, Van Noy, Telvin Smith, Kareem Martin or Keith McGill. The last three are likely to be there, Van Noy or Tuitt would be considered to have slide a bit IMO
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:15:29 AM »
Van Noy has been sliding...ranked 70th now.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »
Van Noy has been sliding...ranked 70th now.

Yep, I'd jump all over him at 53 if he's there. The guy is a football player all one has to do is put on the tape.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

50PoundHead

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »
I like this draft except for Bibbs at the end.

I'll be curious if Mosley isn't there at #21 and there is someone who wants to move up for a sliding Bridgewater or Derek Carr.  I could see Thompson getting a 2nd and a 3rd and picking Van Noy at a value slot.

Abbrederis isn't the most physical receiver, but he's quick, a tremendous route runner, and could play X, Z, or slot.  I don't know if there are a lot of receivers out there in the draft who have that versatility.

Clarke has length and Bodine has experience at C and projects as a G.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 10:33:35 AM »
I like this draft except for Bibbs at the end.

I'll be curious if Mosley isn't there at #21 and there is someone who wants to move up for a sliding Bridgewater or Derek Carr.  I could see Thompson getting a 2nd and a 3rd and picking Van Noy at a value slot.

Abbrederis isn't the most physical receiver, but he's quick, a tremendous route runner, and could play X, Z, or slot.  I don't know if there are a lot of receivers out there in the draft who have that versatility.

Clarke has length and Bodine has experience at C and projects as a G.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/29/2014-nfl-draft-colorado-state-running-back-kapri-bibbs-announces-will-enter-draft/#!HK1HC

He had three games this season in which he broke the 200-yard barrier, including the amazing effort against the Nevada Wolfpack in which he rushed for 312 yards.

With his frame, Bibbs could be considered small for a potential long-term NFL running back, however his versatility could be utilized in the special teams game. With his breakaway speed, he could end up being a terror returning kicks as his career progresses.

Something Green Bay is looking for.
Just for discussion.