May 20, 2019, 03:53:11 PM

Author Topic: Finger Pointing  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: Finger Pointing
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »
Where there holes for Lacy to go thru that he didn't take advantage of in Detroit?  I'm not being flippant - I truly don't know.  If he had no where to go he may be hesitating and going wide trying to find running room?   confused(

I remember one 2nd and 1 play where Eddie took the handoff left and could probably have gained a first down by bulling his way through the line for a tough yard, but instead he bounced it outside and got tackled for a 3-4 yard loss. That's the first time I can ever remember shouting at him through the TV.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »
It's pointless to point out the lack of execution if they really don't have the capacity to sufficiently execute a certain play you're asking them too. I mean, this is a finesse OLine.

Exactly. You can't ask guys to do things they are not capable of doing. If you want that, then get better guys on your team that can actually execute the plays you want to run.

Detroit had a depleted secondary and our offense is predicated on the passing game. Our OL is better at pass blocking then run blocking. We should have come out throwing while mixing in the run to keep their defense honest.

So where does the problem lie? In part, a failed game plan that did not take advantage of our strengths matching up against their weaknesses.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »

Colin has never been a fan of Rogers, or GB for that matter.  I am curious if Rogers has any lingering bad memories of breaking his collarbone there last year. 
No, because he broke his collarbone at Lambeau. And he then went to Chicago and threw the bomb that won the division.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »

Colin has never been a fan of Rogers, or GB for that matter.  I am curious if Rogers has any lingering bad memories of breaking his collarbone there last year. 
No, because he broke his collarbone at Lambeau. And he then went to Chicago and threw the bomb that won the division.

You are correct.  I sometimes suffer from CRS (can't remember shit).
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash