March 20, 2019, 03:14:48 AM

Author Topic: Rodgers to Packer fans - R-E-L-A-X  (Read 12490 times)

Offline gbfansb

• Second String
Re: Rodgers to Packer fans - R-E-L-A-X
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »
Well to each his own on how you deal with a loss or a win. I guess the only thing I would have a problem with and it would be the same if at the game at home or a bar is for some reason another fan would start yelling at me.

I am not superstitious but damm if I don't find myself changing jerseys during the game. Yea like that will help. Or I will tend to walk outside when things are not going well.

But then if things go better when I come back in I am told to go away again. I think they are just kidding on that.

So as long as my house is not being destroyed or if at a bar things flying through the air go fore it.

Plus I have a few buddies who can be just as bad when celebrating. 

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »
Well to each his own on how you deal with a loss or a win. I guess the only thing I would have a problem with and it would be the same if at the game at home or a bar is for some reason another fan would start yelling at me.

I am not superstitious but damm if I don't find myself changing jerseys during the game. Yea like that will help. Or I will tend to walk outside when things are not going well.

But then if things go better when I come back in I am told to go away again. I think they are just kidding on that.

So as long as my house is not being destroyed or if at a bar things flying through the air go fore it.

Plus I have a few buddies who can be just as bad when celebrating.
On superstitions... the Packers have NEVER lost when I've went to the game. A friend noticed this fact a couple/few years ago and I told him, "Well then, start a petition to get me season tickets." Needless to say, I still don't have season tickets and still spend WAY too much money attending Packer games. Oh well... Go Pack Go !!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 04:23:30 AM »
So yelling at the field is OK, but I'd be wrong to yell at my TV? Also I didn't mention being grumpy with my wife and child, ruining my day/weekend/etc. I was at the Packers game in Detroit, so I shouldn't have yelled because it would help the home team? Lots of complicated rules here. Is there a place that I can go to learn the dos and don'ts of fan expression.

I'm pre Lynn Dickey.  ;)

First, I'm not trying to impose rules. I am writing what I do. What you do is your business. At home, I watch intently, react without screaming or shouting (th exception being TD's- then I'm VERY LOUD).

As far as "being grumpy with my wife and child, ruining my day/weekend/etc." was mentioned by another poster. Sorry about the confusion.

If you were at the Detroit game and yelled for the Packers, then you're saying I believe it might have helped the Lions? Because I heard a lot of fan support for the Packers during the game. And I thought it was great. A silly argumet. Grasping at straws/straw men to try to bolster your case is unnecessary. 

This is my final post on this subject. Not because I think I've "won" this argument, but because discussing it further would serve no useful purpose.

Pre or post Lomardi?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 04:53:25 AM »
So yelling at the field is OK, but I'd be wrong to yell at my TV? Also I didn't mention being grumpy with my wife and child, ruining my day/weekend/etc. I was at the Packers game in Detroit, so I shouldn't have yelled because it would help the home team? Lots of complicated rules here. Is there a place that I can go to learn the dos and don'ts of fan expression.

I'm pre Lynn Dickey.  ;)

First, I'm not trying to impose rules. I am writing what I do. What you do is your business. At home, I watch intently, react without screaming or shouting (th exception being TD's- then I'm VERY LOUD).

As far as "being grumpy with my wife and child, ruining my day/weekend/etc." was mentioned by another poster. Sorry about the confusion.

If you were at the Detroit game and yelled for the Packers, then you're saying I believe it might have helped the Lions? Because I heard a lot of fan support for the Packers during the game. And I thought it was great. A silly argumet. Grasping at straws/straw men to try to bolster your case is unnecessary. 

This is my final post on this subject. Not because I think I've "won" this argument, but because discussing it further would serve no useful purpose.

Pre or post Lomardi?
Pre Scooter McLean.

This is my final post on the pre or post subject. Not because I think I've "won" this argument, but because discussing it further would serve no useful purpose. ;)
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 05:49:40 AM »
An observation.....
I find the "this is my last post...." comments interesting. I mean - if you're done expressing your thoughts on the matter- it should be your last post - but we share a common forum and discussing "the edges" of our shared experience can be more interesting than the typical and (often typically) over wrought "bad play, lousy this or that, should have happened this way, what a dummy!" declarations.

You realize how OFTEN such comments have been made? Have you ever actually considered it? Going back to Holmgren to Sherman thru Rhodes and forward?  The number would be high indeed....and yes I know, everyone feels their thoughts are genuine and unique, but the subject matter doesn't lend itself to continual "newness" - the character of them isnt all that different....its ground tread before.   

So discussion of other aspect of our experience is actually interesting - I think so at least - yet - people seem to perceive it as a personal challenge. An extension of the "I'm right / You're wrong" phenomena.  Interesting from a group think perspective.

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 05:58:02 AM »
An observation.....
I find the "this is my last post...." comments interesting. I mean - if you're done expressing your thoughts on the matter- it should be your last post - but we share a common forum and discussing "the edges" of our shared experience can be more interesting than the typical and (often typically) over wrought "bad play, lousy this or that, should have happened this way, what a dummy!" declarations.

You realize how OFTEN such comments have been made? Have you ever actually considered it? Going back to Holmgren to Sherman thru Rhodes and forward?  The number would be high indeed....and yes I know, everyone feels their thoughts are genuine and unique, but the subject matter doesn't lend itself to continual "newness" - the character of them isnt all that different....its ground tread before.   

So discussion of other aspect of our experience is actually interesting - I think so at least - yet - people seem to perceive it as a personal challenge. An extension of the "I'm right / You're wrong" phenomena.  Interesting from a group think perspective.
Mine was meant to be a parody, sharing the spirit of your post. I shan't do parodies again. ;)
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2014, 06:02:47 AM »
An observation.....

Mine was meant to be a parody, sharing the spirit of your post. I shan't do parodies again. ;)

Well theres the problem in a nutshell.....
I dont even read your posts!  HA! Sorry - but too easy a punch line to pass up! You hear the rim shot and cymbal crash?  :)