December 05, 2019, 06:33:23 PM

Author Topic: If someone had told me that...  (Read 5421 times)

Online B

• HOF Member
If someone had told me that...
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »

Green Bay would be ranked 28th in offense after 3 games (better than only Oakland, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Minnesota), I would have asked them what they were smoking.

But that's exactly where Green Bay is ranked right now. I agree with Aaron that Green Bay fans should relax, but I also believe that his teammates need to act with more of a sense of urgency to get the ship righted.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:52:10 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

maxman44

Re: If someone had told me that...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »

Green Bay would be ranked 28th in offense after 3 games (better than only Oakland, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Minnesota), I would have asked them what they were smoking.

But that's exactly where Green Bay is ranked right now. I agree with Aaron that Green Bay fans should relax, but I also believe that his teammates need to act with more of a sense of urgency to get the ship righted.

+1

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:00:49 PM »

You relax when you see a convincing reason to. You don't see that, you don't relax. Hearing that is about as annoying as being told "Cheer up, it may never happen", when you are perfectly happy.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 02:54:49 PM »

Its not been just his teammates as Rodgers has been mediocre at best this year.  He's acted like a spoiled primmadonna with his constant yelling at teammates.  His accuracy has been piss poor as he's missed wide open players in all 3 games.  He's been part of the problem this year.

The offense as a whole looks as unprepared and unorganized as any offense in football thus far. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:55:54 PM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
The offense as a whole looks as unprepared and unorganized as any offense in football thus far.

Maybe you have not seen Raiders or Buc´s offense this year yet.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »

We scored less than the Raiders or Bucs last week   ???

But I get your point

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »

We scored less than the Raiders or Bucs last week   ???

But I get your point

I doubt TB scores any points if Falcons had not put up 56 first.  Good point on Raiders.. but I watched their game vs Jets... that offense easily had worse showing vs Jets than the Packers.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »
28th in offense is pretty disturbing for this team, since that's supposed to be our strength. 
Yet every week I hear "We played one of the best defenses in the league".

Even if that is true, if there are that many good defenses in the league:
1)  Why can't we seem to build one?
2)  When is our offense (which was once considered elite) going to stand up to the challenge?

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
I was just wondering if we missed and BIG LETTER GUARANTEES this week haha >:D
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
After soul searching this week, Eddie Lacy has stated that he doesn't need to slow down or speed up to hit his holes, he needs to fix his pad level. Things are looking up!
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:44:46 AM »

We are better than most college offenses too.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 04:56:30 AM »

Its not been just his teammates as Rodgers has been mediocre at best this year.  He's acted like a spoiled primmadonna with his constant yelling at teammates.  His accuracy has been piss poor as he's missed wide open players in all 3 games.  He's been part of the problem this year.

I agree SSG - my voice recognition did not pick up what I actually said, "he and his teammates..." In 12 Quarters of football, Aaron has looked like a good QB for about 1/5 of his playing time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 05:33:38 AM »
I'm not liking this no huddle they have been doing this year.

I always thought the no huddle would give you quicker snaps, but they seem to be taking it down to the last second on almost every down. Also does Rodgers call the plays in this no huddle, because I always thought when you run the no huddle your QB calls the plays and you snap the ball fairly quickly stressing the defense. Its seems to me that McCarthy calls the plays and Rodgers can change the play at the line of scrimmage but he is limited to when he can change a play. Another problem with the no huddle is yes the defense has a hard time substituting, but you also can not change offensive packages. When you play talented or well coached defenses they really may not need to substitute all that much, and you may be limiting the different offensive plays you can call.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »
I'm not liking this no huddle they have been doing this year.

I always thought the no huddle would give you quicker snaps, but they seem to be taking it down to the last second on almost every down. Also does Rodgers call the plays in this no huddle, because I always thought when you run the no huddle your QB calls the plays and you snap the ball fairly quickly stressing the defense. Its seems to me that McCarthy calls the plays and Rodgers can change the play at the line of scrimmage but he is limited to when he can change a play. Another problem with the no huddle is yes the defense has a hard time substituting, but you also can not change offensive packages. When you play talented or well coached defenses they really may not need to substitute all that much, and you may be limiting the different offensive plays you can call.

It sure has not been working so far - and was a disaster in Seattle.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »
Yeah, the no huddle is supposed to keep the defense from making substitutions.  But somehow, the defense still seems to be way ahead of the offense, and the offense seems rushed.  This is something that is either going to gel once they get used to it, or they're going to have to abandon it.