September 19, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

Author Topic: McGinn on Bears Rising Pack Falling ...  (Read 10524 times)

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
Re: McGinn on Bears Rising Pack Falling ...
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
I just saw the stat that the Bears have allowed the most points in the NFL this season.

That defense, coupled with Smoking J, is fun to watch (for the wrong reasons, of course).
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
So, here we are again.  Bears down 38-7 against the Patriots.

Anybody still think the Bears have done better than the Packers with their recent personnel decisions? 

Another great article.  Thanks Bob.

Boy is Ol Hack getting that article shoved down his throat.  Hack is really earning the monicker.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
This article was an epic fail.  The wheels are almost off in Chicago!

Honest question, does Trestman get canned if the Bears finish 6-10 or worse?

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 06:42:36 AM »
Just had to bump this forward-

Bears just fired GM Phil Emory

Interesting that McGinn was praising the moves that sunk a GM.  Maybe his anonymous talent evaluators aren't that great?
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline BobW

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 06:49:32 AM »
Trestman got fired aswell.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 07:04:57 AM »

Wow.
That almost is as bad as one year wonder Ray Rhodes. Or was he two years? Not sure but he sure was a mistake. So CHI's starting from scratch.

Hmmmmm.....now I bet there's a place Rex wouldn't mind coaching. If you cant be in the Big City - Big City's Little Brother isnt bad.
Be keeping an eye on this one. 

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »

Wow.
That almost is as bad as one year wonder Ray Rhodes. Or was he two years? Not sure but he sure was a mistake. So CHI's starting from scratch.

Hmmmmm.....now I bet there's a place Rex wouldn't mind coaching. If you cant be in the Big City - Big City's Little Brother isnt bad.
Be keeping an eye on this one.

Trestman, GM Phil Emery, along with the OC (reports ESPN) are all gone...so far.

And I think your theory about Ryan is an interesting one. Worth watching for sure. I am wondering what kind of HR moves they they can make w/o a GM. The Bears seem like a chicken with its head cut off right now...( - : #
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:06:01 AM by JQ »

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
I can easily see the Bears going after Rex Ryan. Don't teams often go from offensive to defensive coaches, and vice versa? They could hire Ryan to rebuild the defense and find a new offensive coordinator to work with all the skill position talent. As for Cutler... who knows.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »
When you fire the head coach, usually the new coach lets almost everyone else go also. 

So this is a house cleaning.

It was Emery who wanted Trestman.  And from what I read it was Emery who wanted to sign Cutler.

Many people thought Trestman was really an OC type.  And many, many people had doubts about Cutler.

In fact, that trade for Jay is now looking like a really big mistake.  As well as the decision to get rid of Lovie Smith.

Its fine to go out and sign new defensive players, but if you cannot coach them into a good scheme, I mean?  To be fair, they did have some injuries on defense.  But that does not excuse a complete breakdown.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 02:05:53 PM »
Last year, the Packers were contenders without Rodgers.  This year, the Bears were on the rise and the Packers were in decline.  Could McGinn have been further off base?  I wonder what this clown will cook up for next year.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »
Last year, the Packers were contenders without Rodgers.  This year, the Bears were on the rise and the Packers were in decline.  Could McGinn have been further off base? I wonder what this clown will cook up for next year.
f

He would seem to have a bright future writing FICTION!  () - : #

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »
Last year, the Packers were contenders without Rodgers.  This year, the Bears were on the rise and the Packers were in decline.  Could McGinn have been further off base? I wonder what this clown will cook up for next year.
f

He would seem to have a bright future writing FICTION!  () - : #

Cant say I read him with any frequency - but the guy had a thought and was wrong. Probably not the first time - sure it wont be the last. As mentioned in another thread about a different forum (Skip Bayless and whatever his name is.....) - today's media is 24/7. Gotta fill a big void and keep the updates / new garbage coming. Gotta keep amassing "hits" on the website. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this dude hangs out "on the edge" with his opinions and/or writings to draw attention to his writings and the forum in which they're displayed.

Whispering semi-positive things about CHI in a GB media market - not a bad way to get attention.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2014, 05:08:55 AM »
Cant say I read him with any frequency - but the guy had a thought and was wrong. Probably not the first time - sure it wont be the last. As mentioned in another thread about a different forum (Skip Bayless and whatever his name is.....) - today's media is 24/7. Gotta fill a big void and keep the updates / new garbage coming. Gotta keep amassing "hits" on the website. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this dude hangs out "on the edge" with his opinions and/or writings to draw attention to his writings and the forum in which they're displayed.

Whispering semi-positive things about CHI in a GB media market - not a bad way to get attention.
IF that was the only thing he did, nobody would care. What Hack did is use it as an excuse to throw shots in at TT, MM and the team. In pumping up the Bears, he also tore down the team he is assigned to cover. The guy has an anti-TT agenda and that is not the kind of "journalist" who should be assigned to cover the team. Hack is garbage.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:09:41 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 05:38:57 AM »

IF that was the only thing he did, nobody would care. What Hack did is use it as an excuse to throw shots in at TT, MM and the team. In pumping up the Bears, he also tore down the team he is assigned to cover. The guy has an anti-TT agenda and that is not the kind of "journalist" who should be assigned to cover the team. Hack is garbage.

As evidenced on this board, often times the sole purpose of a so called "anti-agenda" is to garner attention to it.
Why would that be any different in McGinn's world? I bet he considers himself a realist. 

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

As evidenced on this board, often times the sole purpose of a so called "anti-agenda" is to garner attention to it.
Why would that be any different in McGinn's world? I bet he considers himself a realist.

LOL.  Now that is funny.  Realist.  Right.

I think you are right, that McGinn puts himself out on the edge to garner a following, but I also agree with CPK in that it has always seemed to me that he has an anti-Thompson agenda.  His piece on the Bears really was part two of an anti- "draft and develop" series.  At the time, he gambled on the possibility that we would lose to the Bears, so he published this piece on the Bears' free agency moves to try and get in on the fan anger of starting poorly.

Like I said in an earlier post, he tries to sound authoritative with his anonymous sources.  The problem for the reader is that we are forced to blindly accept this, and have no capacity to evaluate the source's credentials or reputation.  We can't even know if the quote reflects majority opinion of those in the know, or if he cherry picks for the benefit of his angle.  Lately, it just seems to me, the pattern reveals that these sources don't really know much.

I feel bad for him in some ways.  It is hard for newspapers these days, and they have a hard time selling papers.  He's trying to help with that.  I think his style is counterproductive as his unabashed negativity turns me off of the Journal Sentinal in favor of the Press Gazette.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:41:48 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."