November 20, 2018, 03:30:00 PM

Author Topic: McGinn on Bears Rising Pack Falling ...  (Read 10545 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: McGinn on Bears Rising Pack Falling ...
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
Cant say I read him with any frequency - but the guy had a thought and was wrong. Probably not the first time - sure it wont be the last. As mentioned in another thread about a different forum (Skip Bayless and whatever his name is.....) - today's media is 24/7. Gotta fill a big void and keep the updates / new garbage coming. Gotta keep amassing "hits" on the website. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this dude hangs out "on the edge" with his opinions and/or writings to draw attention to his writings and the forum in which they're displayed.

Whispering semi-positive things about CHI in a GB media market - not a bad way to get attention.
IF that was the only thing he did, nobody would care. What Hack did is use it as an excuse to throw shots in at TT, MM and the team. In pumping up the Bears, he also tore down the team he is assigned to cover. The guy has an anti-TT agenda and that is not the kind of "journalist" who should be assigned to cover the team. Hack is garbage.

As evidenced on this board, often times the sole purpose of a so called "anti-agenda" is to garner attention to it.
Why would that be any different in McGinn's world? I bet he considers himself a realist.
Hack is being paid to cover the team in an unobjective fashion. Hack is not unobjective and is anti-Packers. That is the difference.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 07:14:43 AM »
Cant say I read him with any frequency - but the guy had a thought and was wrong. Probably not the first time - sure it wont be the last. As mentioned in another thread about a different forum (Skip Bayless and whatever his name is.....) - today's media is 24/7. Gotta fill a big void and keep the updates / new garbage coming. Gotta keep amassing "hits" on the website. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this dude hangs out "on the edge" with his opinions and/or writings to draw attention to his writings and the forum in which they're displayed.

Whispering semi-positive things about CHI in a GB media market - not a bad way to get attention.
IF that was the only thing he did, nobody would care. What Hack did is use it as an excuse to throw shots in at TT, MM and the team. In pumping up the Bears, he also tore down the team he is assigned to cover. The guy has an anti-TT agenda and that is not the kind of "journalist" who should be assigned to cover the team. Hack is garbage.

As evidenced on this board, often times the sole purpose of a so called "anti-agenda" is to garner attention to it.
Why would that be any different in McGinn's world? I bet he considers himself a realist.
Hack is being paid to cover the team in an unobjective fashion. Hack is not unobjective and is anti-Packers. That is the difference.

I think you mean "objective".

adjective:
not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased:

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 03:27:24 PM »

I think you mean "objective".

adjective:
not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased:

Yeah, that is what I meant.

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
The Packers dodged a bullet two years ago.

Emery picked Trestman over Bruce Arians which drove Rod Marinelli out.
Arians and Marinelli would have been a solid offense/defensive combination.
With Emery in charge of the roster though, they may have never succeeded.

Hopefully this new GM is Emery II.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »
The Packers dodged a bullet two years ago.

Emery picked Trestman over Bruce Arians which drove Rod Marinelli out.
Arians and Marinelli would have been a solid offense/defensive combination.
With Emery in charge of the roster though, they may have never succeeded.

Hopefully this new GM is Emery II.
Thing is, though, that Marinelli's D's haven't had much luck in the last few years. Packers have handled him consistently.