November 14, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

Author Topic: FIRE MIKE MCCARTHY  (Read 27565 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: FIRE MIKE MCCARTHY
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2015, 01:44:05 AM »
To those who want McCarthy fired who should Ted hire in his stead?  It is therapeutic to cry for heads to roll after a game like we witnessed on Sunday but the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

I really think we'll be back in the hunt again in 2015.  Besides Seattle and perhaps Dallas what other teams in the NFC do you guys think could be better than us next season?  AZ?  Detroit?

I don't want MM or Capers fired.  However, there are a couple of good candidates out there.  Darrell Bevell would make a great HC and Vic Fangio would be a great idea at DC.   Like Maxman44 said, neither are going to get fired so this conversation is futile.  I would like to add that Slocum should be fire and that would be a better conversation then the one we are having here.
Problem with Bevell is that you be learning an entirely new offense. At this point, that would be bad.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
He won a Super Bowl calling the plays. So, he is already a great coach. This nonsense about getting an OC to call the plays is not the panacea people are making out to be.

So winning a Super Bowl automatically makes you a "great coach"?  Brian Billick won a Super Bowl and has a substantially better playoff winning percentage than Mike Mccarthy.  He's been unemployeed for the last 8 years despite dozens of attempts to return to the NFL.  Is he a "great coach" that 27 NFL teams have passed on? 

I'm not advocating his firing because I think he is a better than average coach but something needs to be done about the play calling.  I don't think he is capable of calling plays and managing a game at a high level consistantly. He's had some of the ebst QB in the NFL in his coaching tenure and has just 1 SUper Bowl appearance to show for it. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:32:01 AM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
Is it the play calling or the execution of the plays called?  I doubt any play caller will tell his charges to try a play that he believes won't work.   Every year our offense is one of the best in the league so Mac must be doing something right.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »
Is it the play calling or the execution of the plays called?  I doubt any play caller will tell his charges to try a play that he believes won't work.   Every year our offense is one of the best in the league so Mac must be doing something right.

IMO, it's execution. Mostly execution. If Bostick just does his job we are in the Super Bowl after beating the Seahawks in Seattle which barely anyone gave us a shot at doing. We were the better team for almost the entire game. IMO, it wasn't a play or two that McCarthy called that cost us the game. If Rodgers executes a bit better, if the TE Rodgers doesn't drop a critical 3rd down pass, if Hawk covers the illegible receiver on ST..... Execution, my friend!  :)
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
He won a Super Bowl calling the plays. So, he is already a great coach. This nonsense about getting an OC to call the plays is not the panacea people are making out to be.

So winning a Super Bowl automatically makes you a "great coach"?  Brian Billick won a Super Bowl and has a substantially better playoff winning percentage than Mike Mccarthy.  He's been unemployeed for the last 8 years despite dozens of attempts to return to the NFL.  Is he a "great coach" that 27 NFL teams have passed on? 

I'm not advocating his firing because I think he is a better than average coach but something needs to be done about the play calling.  I don't think he is capable of calling plays and managing a game at a high level consistantly. He's had some of the ebst QB in the NFL in his coaching tenure and has just 1 SUper Bowl appearance to show for it.
1. No, what I am saying is that he won the SUper Bowl calling the plays, so it is absurd to suggest he can't get the job done calling the plays.

2. Billick has a cushy job as an analyst. It is going to take a real good job and compensation package to give that up. 27 teams didn't pass on him. He passed on them.  ANd, yes, Billick was a great coach.

3. MM's play calling isn't an issue. Fans like you make it up so you have something to blame. Coaches who are bad play callers don't get to 3 NFC Title Games, 1 SB win, and playoff appearances in 7 out of the lat 8 seasons.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
IMO, it's execution. Mostly execution. If Bostick just does his job we are in the Super Bowl after beating the Seahawks in Seattle which barely anyone gave us a shot at doing. We were the better team for almost the entire game. IMO, it wasn't a play or two that McCarthy called that cost us the game. If Rodgers executes a bit better, if the TE Rodgers doesn't drop a critical 3rd down pass, if Hawk covers the illegible receiver on ST..... Execution, my friend!  :)

Illegible?  ;)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi