October 17, 2019, 11:48:17 PM

Author Topic: The Rant and Vent Bear game thead  (Read 2844 times)

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
The Rant and Vent Bear game thead
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
Seeing Andy Dalton get $50m makes Cutler look like a bargain.

NOT.

No one is hated more than the Bears by me. My storied hatred has been chronicled on many other forums, as some of you know. My hatred goes beyond just winning, it makes me happy to see injurries as evil as that sounds. As much as I would like to see a blowout, I am pulling for a close game that we squeek out in the end. That has a far more devastating effect on Bear fans.

A toast
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:29:25 PM by LMGAdmin »
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: The Rant and Vent Bear game thead
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:56 AM »
This one worries me with our guards possibly out. Fortunately, the Bears are weak up the middle so we should be able to hold our own. Burnett being out at safety might be more of a problem than any of us led onto against New Orleans. Need Hyde to step up and we need to tackle a lot better than we did against NOLA.

This is one of those games where the defense took control and won in our 2010 run. Love to see it happen again tonight.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:39:20 AM »
This one worries me with our guards possibly out. Fortunately, the Bears are weak up the middle so we should be able to hold our own. Burnett being out at safety might be more of a problem than any of us led onto against New Orleans. Need Hyde to step up and we need to tackle a lot better than we did against NOLA.

This is one of those games where the defense took control and won in our 2010 run. Love to see it happen again tonight.

My favorite animal is the lyger.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:37:58 AM »
Well maybe off topic , but Bennett is Cutlers best weapon up the middle. That is scary. But I have been watching the Saints game and watching Borland work against the Saints run and middle pass game is amazing. I really wish we would traded a few pics to move up and grab that guys . Can help but think our defense would be a whole lot more solid with him.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
Going to be very interesting to watch Claymaker at inside linebacker. I am going to say props to Capers for understanding his weakness on defense is inside linebacker and getting a playmaker at the position. Hoooooo Ray!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »
Going to be very interesting to watch Claymaker at inside linebacker. I am going to say props to Capers for understanding his weakness on defense is inside linebacker and getting a playmaker at the position. Hoooooo Ray!

Id like to see Nick Perry tried inside.  He isnt a agile enough outside, has the beef to fill a hole inside.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »

You have to be agile to play inside so you can get depth in coverage to take away the seam routes for the TE. You also have to be able to read, react and get to ball carriers.

Id like to see Nick Perry tried inside.  He isnt a agile enough outside, has the beef to fill a hole inside.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
Here comes the traditional run run pass.punt  crap
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »
Here comes the traditional run run pass.punt  crap

Wow then a challenge.....

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 05:10:24 AM »
Here's  a big prop to all the posters who said that DC should move CM3 inside despite the overwhelming trash talk hurled at them for taking our best pass rusher out of the mix.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
Here's  a big prop to all the posters who said that DC should move CM3 inside despite the overwhelming trash talk hurled at them for taking our best pass rusher out of the mix.

i know there were a handful of us saying it in preseason. at least the 4-3 part for sure.

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »

i know there were a handful of us saying it in preseason. at least the 4-3 part for sure.

Even after that there were those that were proponents of moving him inside that were ridiculed. The responses were many, the main one that I recall, was about how stupid it would be to take our best pass rusher and reduce him to a nobody and that it would never happen. I wasn't the biggest fan of the move, but it clearly had an impact. I was tipping my hat to those who did suggest it.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »

Even after that there were those that were proponents of moving him inside that were ridiculed. The responses were many, the main one that I recall, was about how stupid it would be to take our best pass rusher and reduce him to a nobody and that it would never happen. I wasn't the biggest fan of the move, but it clearly had an impact. I was tipping my hat to those who did suggest it.

I remember those same points but I thought to myself, "Hawk blitzes a lot from inside." So who's to say they can't send Matthews at the QB from inside? His speed alone helps him have an advantage over the slower interior line if the rush fans them out.