October 15, 2019, 11:32:42 AM

Author Topic: 1st 2015 Mock Draft  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Noble Warrior

• Starter
1st 2015 Mock Draft
« on: November 14, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
1. Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA - Perryman will be long gone by the time the Packers pick but Kendricks being slightly undersized might still be there.
2. Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama - When Lang got injured earlier this season and Lane Taylor had to play it was a small disaster, this guy should alleviate this concern
3. Anthony Harris, S, Virginia  - more depth in the secondary
4.  Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina - Raji will probably leave in free agency and this guy, while not an every down player, can dominate offensive linemen
5. Reshard Cliett, ILB, South Florida - sleeper inside backer with good instincts
6.  Dadi Nicolas*, 3-4OLB, Virginia Tech - a project with some pass rush skills and big time speed, will have to get bigger
7. Eric Lefeld, OT, Cincinnati - needs a year in the weight room but an intriguing prospect with some good skills to work with

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: 1st 2015 Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 05:29:44 AM »
I think you are over-drafting Kendricks a little in round 1. Who knows though with how well Borland has played him being only 6'0, I think he'll measure 5'11 or shorter at combine, may help him move up. Remember Tretter and Barclay were out with injuries so that is why Taylor played. I do like the pick here but think he's going to drop into the 3rd round. Especially with the egg his brother laid in Buffalo.

No issue with the safety pick other than I think we're 5 deep at the position already with Banjo who I think can play. Nothing wrong with adding quality football players and this kid is one. Know nothing about the nose tackle and again, depending on if Raji and Guion come back this kid may struggle to get on the field. Pennel is really coming on and I expect he's starting there next year regardless of if the 2 vets come back.

I like the three late round picks as they are as much about upside as which I like drafting for in late rounds. We should get one comp pick at least for EDS and James jones. Peppers and Guion don't count against us as they were released by their teams.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: 1st 2015 Mock Draft
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »
Agree with golf on Kendricks. I like the kid, just not in the 1st round. Mid-late 2nd is a better spot.

Not a fan of Kouandjio. Taking him in the 2nd would be a mistake because Sitton/Lang (along with Linsley) are the strength of the OL at present, which would mean "K" would ride the pines for 3-4-more years. Need a 2nd rounder to produce much earlier than that. OT is a much higher need at this point, IMO.

With all the good stuff happening at Safety, I'm not high on taking another Safety in this draft. Nice player though.

Williams is a good player, but I'm hoping NT gets addressed earlier in the draft.

Cliett is a nice player. If he's still there, he'd be a nice pick at this spot.

Nicolas has upside, but he's 20-30 lbs too light right now. If he added that necessary weight, would he be the same caliber player?

Lefeld would be a steal here, but I doubt he lasts this long. He was on the Outland Trophy watch list to start the season.

I've been compiling data and watching (when I can find it) video on a number of players for the last 2 months. I currently have 5 prospects (per round) for the first 4 rounds on file. Still working on 5-6-7 rounds. I'm going to wait before I start putting anything out there. Things can still change for a number of players.

Thanks for posting your thoughts!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:05:06 AM by dannobanano »