September 25, 2018, 09:36:27 PM

Author Topic: Saints Home Field Advantage?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: Saints Home Field Advantage?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 07:00:01 AM »
Perfect reasoning for taking it a week at a time and winning out. No way AZ hangs at the top of the conference. Just dont see that happening.
We win out - AZ drops back - everybody and anybody's coming to Lambeau.
Just keep winning....game by game.

Agree 100%.

These last 3 games are huge. What a great season this has been so far. I hope we can continue with a great playoff run.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 07:26:14 AM »
Perfect reasoning for taking it a week at a time and winning out. No way AZ hangs at the top of the conference. Just dont see that happening.
We win out - AZ drops back - everybody and anybody's coming to Lambeau.
Just keep winning....game by game.

Agree 100%.

These last 3 games are huge. What a great season this has been so far. I hope we can continue with a great playoff run.

It's playing out nice and could continue to do so as long as we keep pace and win out.

Of the teams in the playoffs now......
We've got tie breaks over Atlanta & Philly - so let them win their Division's - they'd still be coming to Lambeau and we've beaten both there already.
Sanchez cant/wont stand up in a playoff game vs GB in GB and Julio might get his yards - but we'd still put Atlanta down - only more forcefully.

Would like Seattle to drop a game somewhere to get them off our tail and prevent them from winning the West. 

At this juncture, I'd be fine with PHILLY knocking Dallas outta the hunt and we'll take care of Detroit that last game.
Where they settle in the top 6 (if at all) I dont care - so long as we win the Division and lead the Conference.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »
It's playing out nice and could continue to do so as long as we keep pace and win out.

We've got tie breaks over Atlanta & Philly - so let them win their Division's - they'd still be coming to Lambeau and we've beaten both there already.
Sanchez cant/wont stand up in a playoff game vs GB in GB and Julio might get his yards - but we'd still put Atlanta down - only more forcefully.

Would like Seattle to drop a game somewhere to get them off our tail and prevent them from winning the West. 

At this juncture, I'd be fine with PHILLY knocking Dallas outta the hunt and we'll take care of Detroit that last game.
Where they settle in the top 6 (if at all) I dont care - so long as we win the Division and lead the Conference.

I would be fine with all of that too. Bring it on!

I have a suspicion that Seattle is going to run the table so we have to win out. When Seattle got Bobby Wagner back, it was like their entire defense tightened back up. He is very fast and a motivator both on the field and in the locker room. They are playing championship football right now. Wilson, IMO, is 2nd best in the NFL at QB right now.

We can beat them, we just need to get them in Lambeau. Even then, it will be a tough game and we will need to play lights out.

Buffalo will be a good test to see where our passing block is really at. That front 4 will give us headaches all day long if we come out flat.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 07:58:45 AM »

I would be fine with all of that too. Bring it on!

I have a suspicion that Seattle is going to run the table so we have to win out. When Seattle got Bobby Wagner back, it was like their entire defense tightened back up. He is very fast and a motivator both on the field and in the locker room. They are playing championship football right now. Wilson, IMO, is 2nd best in the NFL at QB right now.

We can beat them, we just need to get them in Lambeau. Even then, it will be a tough game and we will need to play lights out.

Buffalo will be a good test to see where our passing block is really at. That front 4 will give us headaches all day long if we come out flat.

Agree. Seattle's playing very confidently now. No doubt. They'll be a handful and we've gotta stay outta 12 Man territory.
Against Buffalo it's important we maintain a ground game - or implement a short passing game that moves the chains. Slow the rush and give AR a split second longer on play action. I would think that empty backfields would be kept at a minimum. Spreading them wide is fine - but AR's not gonna have all day to deliver the ball if he's back there alone and I dont want him taking hits against this group.   

AldenRoche

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:22 AM »
After shellacking the Pack, the "unbeatable" at home Saints lost 5 straight at the Superdome.

In the home game before Green Bay, New Orleans got lucky to win in overtime against Tampa Bay.

Still thin the Pack prevails if ARod does not come up gimpy, but think that was the game that convinced Dom & MM something had to be done at inside linebacker.