May 26, 2019, 06:52:02 AM

Author Topic: This is not a good team on the road ...  (Read 8750 times)

AldenRoche

This is not a good team on the road ...
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »
Badly beaten in Seattle and New Orleans (which has not won in 4 games since then), soundly beaten in Detroit, last-second win in Miami, 3 point win in Minnesota, good for 1/2 in Chicago, and today's wonderful contest in Buffalo.

Without the home field throughout the playoffs does anyone see a realistic chance of a Super Bowl this season?

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
Re: This is not a good team on the road ...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »
I think we play VERY soft against physical teams.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
I think we play VERY soft against physical teams.

Exactly. I will also say they would have stood a chance had the bills Db'S not been able to hold and interfere all damn game unabated.  There were at least 4 times there should have been flags on big downs.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »
You beat this team with a good pass rush, decent secondary and special teams or a dominant running game. Fortunately for us, there aren't too many of those teams. Unfortunately, they all tend to be in the playoffs.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline BobW

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
Lacy is running great, 15 attempts for 97 yards. The Packers had to run the ball all day, but Rodgers threw 42 times (only 17 completions). I can't understand that.

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »
Don't you just love McCarthy when he won't help his Tackles? A backup who doesn't move well, and he's alone! MM can say anything he wants, but his inability to help his O-Line is one of the reasons he ISN'T great!
The last 2 times Orton has played the Packers, the Packers combined record was 23-3, and Orton won both games.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »
That advancing the football with two minutes to go .. is the old Dave Casper rule .. where a Raider player fumbled the ball forward into the end zone and Casper recovered for the TD.   I was going to state this in the game thread however, Mark shut down the thread fearing that we would acting like uncivilized animals.  Let's face it, we didn't play well.  Is the season over?  No!  Can we still win the Super Bowl?  Yes!   Can we please call out good and even BAD plays/coaching/etc without getting "time out?"  Probably not!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »
Badly beaten in Seattle and New Orleans (which has not won in 4 games since then), soundly beaten in Detroit, last-second win in Miami, 3 point win in Minnesota, good for 1/2 in Chicago, and today's wonderful contest in Buffalo.

Without the home field throughout the playoffs does anyone see a realistic chance of a Super Bowl this season?

I hope anyone who answers "no" to this question does us all a favour and signs off until next season.

The offense played like crap today. The defense was good. Despite everything we still had a shot to win it at the end.

The relentless negativity on this board is flat out tiresome.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
Don't you just love McCarthy when he won't help his Tackles? A backup who doesn't move well, and he's alone! MM can say anything he wants, but his inability to help his O-Line is one of the reasons he ISN'T great!
The last 2 times Orton has played the Packers, the Packers combined record was 23-3, and Orton won both games.

There are plenty of reason's McCarthy isn't great. You only pointed to one of them. This team had a golden opportunity to run the table and make the playoffs come through GB. That may not be the case anymore and a first round bye might also be gone. Heck, the way Detroit plays defense the division isn't save by any means.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
And another great game by Slocum's ST's! In the last few weeks it's been blocked FG's, blocked Extra Points, and now a Punt Return for a TD! And he's been horrible for years!

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »

I think our chances all but went up in smoke after today's melt down.  We've been a terrible team on the road this year and I don't see that changing when the competition gets better.  If we have to go through Seattle or Detroit again I think were could be one and done again this year.  If Buffalo is going to dominate us on the road I see no reason no other NFC playoff team can't. 

This was a very mediocre Buffalo team and the bullied us around as they were kicking our teeth in.  This is a substantially different team on the road this year.

We've looked like absolute garbage in the last 6 quarters.  This team has to play better if they want to make the playoffs.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »

There are plenty of reason's McCarthy isn't great. You only pointed to one of them. This team had a golden opportunity to run the table and make the playoffs come through GB. That may not be the case anymore and a first round bye might also be gone. Heck, the way Detroit plays defense the division isn't save by any means.

I have to admit it's true that MM doesn't help his o line enough, but as close as that one was and as well as they played I forgot Bulaga wasn't in for that important play.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »

No, without HFA throughout, you can stick a fork in them.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »
That advancing the football with two minutes to go .. is the old Dave Casper rule .. where a Raider player fumbled the ball forward into the end zone and Casper recovered for the TD.   I was going to state this in the game thread however, Mark shut down the thread fearing that we would acting like uncivilized animals.  Let's face it, we didn't play well.  Is the season over?  No!  Can we still win the Super Bowl?  Yes!   Can we please call out good and even BAD plays/coaching/etc without getting "time out?"  Probably not!

I understand the fumble forward rule. But I thought that was just it. The forward fumble. Not literally killing a team chance at winning a game for fumbling at all especially backwards.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »
This thread is a bunch of crap and it's going to the rant forum where it belongs.

And, btw, look up the meaning of "is."  You're mistaking "has been" for "is." No surprise: all you whiners are completely unable to distinguish past from future.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.