September 19, 2018, 09:20:21 AM

Author Topic: Arizona can beat Seattle ...  (Read 2129 times)

AldenRoche

Arizona can beat Seattle ...
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:02:28 AM »
Now Vegas has the Seahawks as a 7-7.5 favorite, but I genuinely believe the Cards can win this game.

First of all, Arizona has been resilient all year. Big defensive personnel losses (Dansby, Dockett) before the season even began have been no big deal. Injuries to starting QB (and backup) and productive RB Ellington have not been used as excuses. Bruce Arians has proven to be an excellent coach and the defensive coordinator Todd Bowles plays to win on D. His aggressive calls are the antithesis of what we see out of another 3-4 defense we are all very familiar with.

Second, this should be a defensive, low scoring ballgame. Seattle's D is good. No it is really, really good. However, the Seattle O is at best average  They will try and pound the ball with Lynch and make one or two big plays with Wilson. Unless Lindley turns the ball over (and there, unfortunately, a good chance he will) the Cards should be in the game until the end, because it will be so low scoring.

Third, Arizona is undefeated at home and Seattle (like the Packers) is a different team on the road -- just 4-3. This fact, as well as Arizona playing for home field throughout, helps equalize Seattle's huge advantage at QB.

I think the Pack can beat Seattle at Lambeau. I think the Pack can win at Arizona.

I also think that the Pack facing the Seattle D and a read option QB as well as the 12rh man in the Emerald City, well we've seen how that turns out in the playoffs.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Arizona can beat Seattle ...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:38:10 AM »

I'd like to think so and give AZ all props for more than holding it together - but honestly, I just dont see where, how or from whom they're gonna put up points? No clue who their QB is now - so maybe thats a good thing - but they're severely challenged on offense - whereas SEA isnt. Might not be a squad of "game breakers" but they get the job done on offense.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
AZ probably won't but Seattle is like most other teams in the league and they are not the same team on the road.  Plus AZ has a legit D.  They have a top 10 D against the run.  Who knows, maybe Seattle will have another lousy day like we did yesterday.  Isn't that why they play the games? 

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
A legit D with QB who had a greater chance of being retired than being a Starter, just won on their turf.
It can certainly happen.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
I hope so.  But I doubt it with a third string QB.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:44:38 AM »
Who knows...BUF certainly didn't beat us with their QB.  They beat us with their running game/turnovers to get in field goal position, and a special teams TD.  That's ridiculous and it happens.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Not looking too good ATM.  :(

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »
Lindley drops the snap in the RZ on 3rd and 4... Arizona down by 8 now.

AldenRoche

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »
I was wrong. Arizona can't beat Seattle.

Doubt anyone will in Seattle either.

Maybe Dallas?

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC.  If they stay healthy, they will be tough to beat  home or away..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:19:32 PM by The GM »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »
IMO without a QB the Cardinals were finished before the game began.  Their D just got worn out and collapsed by the 4th quarter.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »
IMO without a QB the Cardinals were finished before the game began.  Their D just got worn out and collapsed by the 4th quarter.

Sadly that appears to be the case.
Cant say I'd ever heard of or knew anything about Mr. Lindsey - and doubt I'll hear his name after this season either.
SEA is just smoking the opposition....in a SEA sorta way. Nothing pretty on offense and death by strangulation on defense.

Offline ebterp

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 05:55:30 AM »
Seattle looks tough to beat right now...I think they can be beat but might have to win the turnover battle because that defense in the playoffs is going to be even tougher.

EB

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
The cards hung around longer than I thought they would. The third down mid snap really ended their shot. That being said I still think we can beat them. Our Oline isn't what it was week one.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
The cards hung around longer than I thought they would. The third down mid snap really ended their shot. That being said I still think we can beat them. Our Oline isn't what it was week one.

Our D is better now too.