March 25, 2019, 02:28:19 AM

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers: Packers "Not Good Enough" in Playoffs  (Read 6839 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Aaron Rodgers: Packers "Not Good Enough" in Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 05:56:23 AM »
Ex Oh, calling Alden Roche a "buffoon", then calling him and others "idiots" is not really helpful. Engage the argument, not the poster. Personal attacks are counterproductive, and simply lead to "tit-for-tat" posts that tax the patience of the mods, and get on the nerves of other posters. If you disagree with him, as I do, state your objections in as non-confrontational manner as possible.

CPK1994, agreed, the tone of the original post was definitely provocative. But since the original post, Alden Roche has been willing to respond in a respectful and measured manner. But, then again, he holds strong opinions, as do we all. Its how we state those opinons that is important. And, since I have been guilty of being intemperate at times, I know what I'm talking about.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 07:42:50 AM »
Ex Oh, calling Alden Roche a "buffoon", then calling him and others "idiots" is not really helpful. Engage the argument, not the poster. Personal attacks are counterproductive, and simply lead to "tit-for-tat" posts that tax the patience of the mods, and get on the nerves of other posters. If you disagree with him, as I do, state your objections in as non-confrontational manner as possible.

CPK1994, agreed, the tone of the original post was definitely provocative. But since the original post, Alden Roche has been willing to respond in a respectful and measured manner. But, then again, he holds strong opinions, as do we all. Its how we state those opinons that is important. And, since I have been guilty of being intemperate at times, I know what I'm talking about.

We could definitely use more posts like this around here.  Excellently said.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
All that typed, could they lose tomorrow? Yes. Would that defeat be crushing and extremely disappointing? Absolutely. Would it be accepable? No.

It comes down to what you mean by "unacceptable".  Unacceptable to some means Monday is another day in Green Bay,  while to others it means changes need to be made.  If you are accepting the unacceptable, then really how unacceptable is it????  If it is truly unacceptable, then do something about it.   

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »
All that typed, could they lose tomorrow? Yes. Would that defeat be crushing and extremely disappointing? Absolutely. Would it be accepable? No.

It comes down to what you mean by "unacceptable".  Unacceptable to some means Monday is another day in Green Bay,  while to others it means changes need to be made.  If you are accepting the unacceptable, then really how unacceptable is it????  If it is truly unacceptable, then do something about it.

So, GM, is this team better than last year's team? If so, its changed- for the better. NO ONE is writing the Packers should accept where they are- unless and until the win the SB. Then, its time to look for a repeat. And then a threepeat. Then a fourward. Then, one for the thumb. Etc.

The Packers are constantly looking to improve, always looking for ways to increase the team's likelihood to succeed  in every phase- from towel folder to Board President. From the guy who just squeaked onto the practice squad to Aaron Rodgers. Every coach. Everybody in all phases. They are all up for review, renewal or dismissal.

So, is losing acceptable? No. But if the definition of success is the SB and only that- well, nice goal, but not remotely possible in this era of football. And then comes the question of what changes should be made, and what effect these changes would have. That is where the debate becomes intense.

Right now, I'm very happy with the Packers season. If it ends tomorrow, it'll be a hard thing to accept. Because I truly believe this is a special team. Built by TT, coached by MM, led by AR, with a rising defense designed by Capers, who has been given extra weapons this year he hasn't had in years past. But if it does end, then I'll mope for a while, try to ignore all the people who call for everyone's head (having lost their own, they believe others should be in the same dilemma). Then it'll be time to start preparing for the draft, seeing who gets re-signed, and even the small splashes TT might make in FA.

Oh, and by the way, I wrote "acceptable", not "unacceptable". But, that's why pencils have erasers.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »
Yes, this team is better then last year, and I see your points.  They do what they can, but I do see some status quo is ok in some concerning areas.  Agree that TT does well in looking for improvement as a whole.  I got the whole unacceptable quote thing, and knew as I typed it, I'm typing on a phone with the keyboard about the size of a cracker, you said acceptable, I quoted unacceptable as a shortcut.  No harm intended or meaning  change intended.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »

Seems like both NE & SEA (the bye week teams) started out slowly. Hope GB doesn't maintain the trend.
NE was down 14 before they knew what hit them. Both CAR & SEA were sleepwalking - until the CAR turnover / short field got SEA going and their first score.
We cant give DAL those chances tomorrow.

Not sure what player it was - perhaps it was Chancellor / SS / SEA - but Tolbert RB / CAR had caught a pass and was moving straight ahead with a head of steam and some SEA defender hit him straight on - just brick walled him. Stopped him cold and knocked him back. Tolbert is nothing but a bowling ball with legs. That had to be one helluva hit.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
Cam needed to be perfect.

He wasn't.........................end of story.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
When was the last time the Packers lost to an inferior team in the playoffs? The Giants games- first under Favre, then under Rodgers. Both times, the Giants somehow managed to beat the Patriots for the SB title. SF the other two years was a better team- though the last time, if some players had made plays when they had the opportunity, it could have been different.

This team has been upgraded at some key positions where they had been vulnerable with the addition of some FA's and some good drafting. This team is also significantly healthier than in previous years, with the injury to Rodgers being an extremely significant late season concern. But this team has improved significantly over the course of the season, and there seems to be a feeling that they know something special is within their grasp. They're hungry, as AR also said. This is an elite team that can stand with any other team in the NFL in any venue.

Time to learn from the past, succeed in the present, and plan for the future. But the second is of paramount importance, because the preparation for the future has led them to their present position. And to let this chance slip through their fingers would be very, very difficult to accept. And that is what I think AR meant.

I'm just going to say this post is funny from a guy who considers every TE inferior to the Packers any given Sunday until the Packers lose. Then it's self help rationalizing.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
Hey Aldon:

Good Enough??
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
Hey Aldon:

Good Enough??
Nope. Anything less than a Super Bowl win is unacceptable in his warped mind.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member

AldenRoche

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
Hey Aldon:

Good Enough??

Absofreakinglutely right that beating Dallas was good enough.

As I have repeatedly stated, the Pack getting to the NFC Championship game should be the EXPECTATION every year while the best QB in the game plays in GB.

The last 3 seasons, the Pack did not get there, this year they did. As I stated in the other forum, this season has already been a SUCCESS in my view. Anything positive from here on is just gravy in my world.

Now, since I answered your question, how about letting us know, in your view was not making the NFC Championship the past 3 seasons Good Enough?

PS don't besmirch the good name of "stellar" former Packer AldEN Roche LOL.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:59:49 AM by AldenRoche »

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
When you see the same mistakes year after year, what would make anybody think the Packers will change? We'll have the same bad ST's coach. The same bad DC. That soft zone at the worst times never fails to FAIL. The HC who is nothing more than a glorified OC! TT will get different players, but the same bad coaches will ensure the same results!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
The title of this thread....

Is correct!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.