November 30, 2020, 12:41:14 PM

Author Topic: Mancl's Mini mock  (Read 3229 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Mancl's Mini mock
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

It's too early to get a handle on the late round guys but let me get started with some early picks.,

If the Packers aren't satisfied with the health of their OT's I'll have to rethink my picks but I will be an optimist for this effort.

#1  Jesse Williams DL  Alabama
Start him with Raji and Pickett in the base and no one will run on the Pack. Will be able to contribute in nickel due to his ability to tie up blockers.  I wouldn't have any problem with Cooper and put him at center if Williams is gone

# 2 Stephan Taylor  RB Stanford
This was the hardest pick because the Packers won't run much and most likely will have backs share snaps. But the running game has to be improved and I don't see anyone I like that much in later rounds .  I give him the nod over Lacy because I like his all around game

#3 Michah Hyde S Iowa
Like his size 6-1 190  Average speed but seems to have good ball instincts, like the fact that he was a gunner on special teams and has experience returning punts

#4 Omoregie Uzzi OL Georgia Tech

This is what Walters has to say about him

Uzzi would be best off in the NFL in a zone-blocking scheme. He is extremely fast for an offensive linemen and fires into the second level of the defense. Uzzi's speed and athleticism would make him a natural in an NFL zone attack.

If a man-blocking scheme team is interested in Uzzi, he could be a quality center. His mobility would be ideal and he wouldn't be significantly undersized. It would be a work in progress as Uzzi would have to learn how to snap the ball effectively. He looks like a mid-rounder next April.

EDS would be another stop gap but I'd give Uzzi every opportunity to learn the C position  The guy is very bright- had a degree in 4 years- some serious major- I think he was in grad school this year in public policy or something like that.

I would be looking for a WR who can return kicks and an outside linebacker if Walden isn't back to share time with Perry as the next level of need.  After that just add players at any position for depth, development

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
Re: Mancl's Mini mock
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:30 AM »
Nice.  Very plausible.  TT likes the big guys early and we still struggle to stop the run.  RB- agree on position I just like other guys more, but who knows who will be available.  I just don't know if TT will go safety again this high after picking one in four last year and the way the DBs have played, this might be a WR pick.  Uzzi, hell how could you not like it!! :D
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
Nice.  Very plausible.  TT likes the big guys early and we still struggle to stop the run.  RB- agree on position I just like other guys more, but who knows who will be available.  I just don't know if TT will go safety again this high after picking one in four last year and the way the DBs have played, this might be a WR pick.  Uzzi, hell how could you not like it!! :D
I think that TT likes his three young safeties.  But if Woodson leaves after this year, then we do have an opening.  Maybe it is Richardson's spot? 

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »

It's too early to get a handle on the late round guys but let me get started with some early picks.,

If the Packers aren't satisfied with the health of their OT's I'll have to rethink my picks but I will be an optimist for this effort.

#1  Jesse Williams DL  Alabama
Start him with Raji and Pickett in the base and no one will run on the Pack. Will be able to contribute in nickel due to his ability to tie up blockers.  I wouldn't have any problem with Cooper and put him at center if Williams is gone

# 2 Stephan Taylor  RB Stanford
This was the hardest pick because the Packers won't run much and most likely will have backs share snaps. But the running game has to be improved and I don't see anyone I like that much in later rounds .  I give him the nod over Lacy because I like his all around game

#3 Michah Hyde S Iowa
Like his size 6-1 190  Average speed but seems to have good ball instincts, like the fact that he was a gunner on special teams and has experience returning punts

#4 Omoregie Uzzi OL Georgia Tech

This is what Walters has to say about him

Uzzi would be best off in the NFL in a zone-blocking scheme. He is extremely fast for an offensive linemen and fires into the second level of the defense. Uzzi's speed and athleticism would make him a natural in an NFL zone attack.

If a man-blocking scheme team is interested in Uzzi, he could be a quality center. His mobility would be ideal and he wouldn't be significantly undersized. It would be a work in progress as Uzzi would have to learn how to snap the ball effectively. He looks like a mid-rounder next April.

EDS would be another stop gap but I'd give Uzzi every opportunity to learn the C position  The guy is very bright- had a degree in 4 years- some serious major- I think he was in grad school this year in public policy or something like that.

I would be looking for a WR who can return kicks and an outside linebacker if Walden isn't back to share time with Perry as the next level of need.  After that just add players at any position for depth, development

I'd agree with the first pick, but not your second or third. Green Bay does NOT need a RB... they really don't need one. I like that guy from Georgia. I was depressed Green Bay didn't snag Adam Gettis last year (compares favorably to Uzzi.) Walden isn't going anywhere he just signed like a 3 or 5 year deal, I forget. I would agree they definitely need more pass rushers. The guys behind just don't get off any blocks and create no pressure AT ALL. It is really hard to watch at times. I think they have one of the better collection of DBS in the NFL, and all they need is more experience. They're already playing at a high level and with 6-7 solid players it wouldn't be smart to draft one because he would be hard pressed to make the 53.

OL as a whole is the biggest need, and getting some actual competition at LT is as well. Newhouse hasn't been tested in TC yet, and I just don't see how Sherrod will come back and play well anytime soon. They say EDS is the possible center of the future, but I don't like that. He was manhandled by the bull rush last night, and centers CANNOT lose that much ground. Uzzi and Cooper would be fine by me.

DL isn't a huge need but finding another NT is because I like what I see from Neal, Daniels, and Worthy.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.   I like my lst and 4th pick but am open to other options with the 2nd and 3rd.

It will be interesting to see how the running back situation develops the rest of the way, won't it?

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
I agree that we need OL's, but I completely disagree with Claymaker that we don't need a RB. Harris is unproven (although I like him), Starks can't stay healthy, Saine can't stay healthy, and Green is unproven. Where's the good and dependable back in that bunch? Simply put: There isn't one. But yeah, it's not all a RB problem, either. We need OL's to help open up better lanes.

I also don't know how anybody can like what they see in Neal unless you like seeing injured players not play. I think the Neal experiment is close to over and a trade up in the 2nd round has definitely been a failure.

There are a few guys I like better than Micah Hyde. I'd love to move Justin Gilbert to S. I've seen him drop in a bunch of mocks. I'm not sure if Jesse Williams really fits the Packers that well. I know Capers likes DL's that can pass-rush, too. Jesse Williams is purely a run-stopper, but I really like him.

I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!