July 20, 2018, 05:31:09 AM

Author Topic: MM im total and complete denial  (Read 11633 times)

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
Re: MM im total and complete denial
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »
You saw it but apparently you don't understand it! It's the same things that have been happening FOR YEARS! You see improvement, I see the same things happening that keep them from the SB. And those same things will continue if changes aren't made. Capers, Slocum and McCarthy are the problem! But you go ahead and wave your pom-poms, and tell everybody that it was a nice try.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »
If Rodgers isn't missing 50% of his throws even with having time to pass and room to move around we win that game pretty substantially.

That says a bunch....some would rather put the blame somewhere else though.

Why do you always throw players under the bus and never make coaches accountable?
Its a way of thinking around here is there a reason for this?

Because players play the game....
Players let interceptions run thru their hands...
Players slide following a key interception rather than running upfield.....
Players drop first down passes that are accurately thrown.....
Players fail to knock down ridiculous 2pt conversion passes that look more like a punt than a pass....
Players let onside kicks slide right thru their hands and hit them square in the face....
Players fail to wrap up tackles securely...allowing first down stretches....
Players fail to impose their will on the opponent - hand out kick ass blocks when first down yardage is necessary.
Players channel Jerry Kramer when their injured QB is scrambling away from pressure and rather than consider catching the ball from them - pretend they're about to lead the QB on a power sweep.....

Players.....
Win or lose game because of how they execute on the field.

I think we completed one screen pass all day. I seem to recall one pass completion to Starks for 2 yards or so. Seems the closer the RB/WR was to AR - the more errant the pass was. Odd - and odder still was (on the play mentioned above) Lacy's failure to realize AR wasn't/couldn't) run with the ball and that he should actually consider catching it. Instead - AR flipped it to him - but he'd turned up field as if to block.

Borderline bizarre - but that last 4-5 minutes was chock full of bizarre.

Interesting take.  And it was bizarre, happened 5 days ago and I still am shaking my head asking myself "Did that just happen?"

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »
If Rodgers isn't missing 50% of his throws even with having time to pass and room to move around we win that game pretty substantially.

That says a bunch....some would rather put the blame somewhere else though.

Why do you always throw players under the bus and never make coaches accountable?
Its a way of thinking around here is there a reason for this?

Because players play the game....
Players let interceptions run thru their hands...
Players slide following a key interception rather than running upfield.....
Players drop first down passes that are accurately thrown.....
Players fail to knock down ridiculous 2pt conversion passes that look more like a punt than a pass....
Players let onside kicks slide right thru their hands and hit them square in the face....
Players fail to wrap up tackles securely...allowing first down stretches....
Players fail to impose their will on the opponent - hand out kick ass blocks when first down yardage is necessary.
Players channel Jerry Kramer when their injured QB is scrambling away from pressure and rather than consider catching the ball from them - pretend they're about to lead the QB on a power sweep.....

Players.....
Win or lose game because of how they execute on the field.

I think we completed one screen pass all day. I seem to recall one pass completion to Starks for 2 yards or so. Seems the closer the RB/WR was to AR - the more errant the pass was. Odd - and odder still was (on the play mentioned above) Lacy's failure to realize AR wasn't/couldn't) run with the ball and that he should actually consider catching it. Instead - AR flipped it to him - but he'd turned up field as if to block.

Borderline bizarre - but that last 4-5 minutes was chock full of bizarre.

Interesting take.  And it was bizarre, happened 5 days ago and I still am shaking my head asking myself "Did that just happen?"
Its over for me. I got a take on it. Agree with it - dont - not a problem with me either way. I got a take and I'm good with it. 
I was conscious when the doc came in post surgery - heard and considered all the reasons I needed surgery - got it.
I'm in recovery mode now. Reliving surgery? Dont need it. 

I've reached the point I'm eager for next years game vs SEA and I hope we kick the living shit out of them.
From kick off to final gun. Up and down the field. Just stomp their lucky asses and punt them back to SEA. 
We do that - watch out NFL.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 10:36:50 AM »
What do you want him to say to the media? It's time to worry when we see him have drives like this next season. Something tells me we wont. He blew up a defense before, and he learned how to the run the ball. The guys does make changes, but if you expect him to through himself, his staff, and players under the bus in front of the national media it will never happen.

I don't think his play calling was the worst thing in the world, but I do feel he should of had the ball in Rodgers hands on that last series before they scored... I think he knows this too.

No kidding.  In a post game presser like that MM isn't going to say publicly how he really feels.  He'd probably get fined.  I could see it in his face and everyone else how they felt about the game.

maxman44

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »
Lots of blame to go around - MM deserves his share and more - but he doesn't deserve to be fired - anyone who thinks so is over-reacting IMHO

AldenRoche

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 10:45:15 AM »
What do you want him to say to the media? It's time to worry when we see him have drives like this next season. Something tells me we wont. He blew up a defense before, and he learned how to the run the ball. The guys does make changes, but if you expect him to through himself, his staff, and players under the bus in front of the national media it will never happen.

I don't think his play calling was the worst thing in the world, but I do feel he should of had the ball in Rodgers hands on that last series before they scored... I think he knows this too.

No kidding.  In a post game presser like that MM isn't going to say publicly how he really feels.  He'd probably get fined.  I could see it in his face and everyone else how they felt about the game.

Not this: "This is an excellent game. Fun game to play. It was competitive."

Or this: "Brandon, just like anything, you get in to one of those critical spots. It is important for everybody to do their job. Unfortunately that wasn't the case on that play. And that's the result of it."

And especially this: "I have no regrets, I don't regret anything."

Don't like a LEADER pretending that the NFCC was just another game. And "fun"? Really?

Really don't like like a fringe player like Bostick getting thrown under the bus - even though he was most certainly at fault, when no other player was specifically mentioned as contributing to the loss.

There was plenty to regret about what occurred in Seattle. Don't need to go public with those regrets, but MM adamantly spouting off about having no regrets is just foolish.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:47:50 AM by AldenRoche »

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 11:28:05 AM »
Why am not surprised Alden would parse incomplete comments out of context and pretend he wasn't answering a questions (actually the 2nd question asked) about Bostick???

For those who would like to watch the news comference held moments after a devastating defeat in the NFC Championship game here is the link

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/McCarthy-Seattle-made-the-big-plays/e979fa04-0bf0-4696-85e2-4c753ec39493
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

AldenRoche

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
Why am not surprised Alden would parse incomplete comments out of context and pretend he wasn't answering a questions (actually the 2nd question asked) about Bostick???

For those who would like to watch the news comference held moments after a devastating defeat in the NFC Championship game here is the link

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/McCarthy-Seattle-made-the-big-plays/e979fa04-0bf0-4696-85e2-4c753ec39493

Um, I provided MM's entire quote about Bostick, so what about the ENTIRE QUOTE was parsed or out of context?

On Bostick and the onsides kick? "Brandon, just like anything, you get in to one of those critical spots. It is important for everybody to do their job. Unfortunately that wasn't the case on that play. And that's the result of it."
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/288978271.html

Instead of calling Bostick out as he most certainly did, MM could have just said I need to look at the tape or played the ignoramus role regarding Bostick as he did when he was asked about the absence of his highly-paid, All-Pro linebacker during the last 2 critical drives of regulation play:

"Why wasn't Clay Matthews in the game for a while late? How was he able to come back? "I'm not aware of it."

Don't know why some are so reluctant to criticize the head coach, but if you want to make up facts to enhance your argument you better keep fishing, keep fishing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:48:57 PM by AldenRoche »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »

Um, I provided MM's entire quote about Bostick, so what about the ENTIRE QUOTE was parsed or out of context?

On Bostick and the onsides kick? "Brandon, just like anything, you get in to one of those critical spots. It is important for everybody to do their job. Unfortunately that wasn't the case on that play. And that's the result of it."

Instead of calling Bostick out as he most certainly did, MM could have just said I need to look at the tape or played the ignoramus role regarding Bostick as he did when he was asked about the absence of his highly-paid, All-Pro linebacker during the last 2 critical drives of regulation play:

"Why wasn't Clay Matthews in the game for a while late? How was he able to come back? "I'm not aware of it"
[/b][/i]
Don't know why some are so reluctant to criticize the head coach, but if you want to make up facts to enhance your argument you better keep fishing, keep fishing.

You just did exactly that.
MM did state in the presser - in a nice sort of way - that Bostick should have just done his job and blocked - which was his assignment - that was Nelson's ball to catch - not Bostick's. His not being certain what injury CM had is consistent with any number of HC's post game interviews wherein they dont have the specifics. Happens all the time!
But you seem to have all sorts of "facts" running round in your head now dont you?

You like the work "argue" - try it all the time - but you're lousy at it.

AldenRoche

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »
Nobody arguing Bostick did not screw up, least of all me. And he scored a lot of points by admitting he screwed up.

But if as a head coach you're going to comment on your 3rd string TE screwing up on an onsides kick, how about letting us know your thoughts on your All-Pro LBs absence at crunch time (if he truly did not notice Clay not being on the field would that not be even more damning)?

Or how about commenting about who screwed up on the fake field goal he was asked about (#31, #50, STs coach)?

Anyway, if you are satisfied with MM's comments in the post-game presser that is certainly you're prerogative. Indeed, MM undoubtedly was in a bit of shock given the colossal collapse, so perhaps some are cutting him some slack for calling it a FUN GAME.

It is the denial of what he did (and did not) say that I find unseemly.

Hopefully, MM will take a little ownership at the season ending press conference. We shall see.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2015, 01:19:45 PM »
Like I said before, I encourage folks to look for themselves at MM standing in front of the national press moments after a devastating defeat and judge for themselvers. Once again, here is the link.

I've stood if front of the mike at tough times - it is never easy after a loss. Now put that on steroids after an overtime Championship loss, and any thinking person would hesitate to jump to the mindless conclusions and assertions you are peddling with your  stirpot) agenda Alden.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »
Nobody arguing Bostick did not screw up, least of all me. And he scored a lot of points by admitting he screwed up.

But if as a head coach you're going to comment on your 3rd string TE screwing up on an onsides kick, how about letting us know your thoughts on your All-Pro LBs absence at crunch time (if he truly did not notice Clay not being on the field would that not be even more damning)?

Or how about commenting about who screwed up on the fake field goal he was asked about (#31, #50, STs coach)?

Anyway, if you are satisfied with MM's comments in the post-game presser that is certainly you're prerogative. Indeed, MM undoubtedly was in a bit of shock given the colossal collapse, so perhaps some are cutting him some slack for calling it a FUN GAME.

It is the denial of what he did (and did not) say that I find unseemly.

Hopefully, MM will take a little ownership at the season ending press conference. We shall see.

Thats right Alden....you just go on creating your list......

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
To play Devil's Advocate

I don't believe you're really playing Devil's Advocate with me because underneath it all I think we agree that both the players and coaches should be held accountable for things. I think we disagree if it happens that way or not.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just have a really hard time making that leap because I have to believe he (or any HC) wouldn't stoop to something like that.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »

"Why wasn't Clay Matthews in the game for a while late? How was he able to come back? "I'm not aware of it."

Alden don't bother, you know that the majority of the people here will never ever ever ever believe a coach does anything wrong. They point to players all the time but never acknowledge a player is coached and evaluated and essentially deemed worthy by coaches. So if players keep falling short, who is really at fault? Good luck continuing to try and explain things to these guys, it is fun to read.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »

Alden don't bother, you know that the majority of the people here will never ever ever ever believe a coach does anything wrong. They point to players all the time but never acknowledge a player is coached and evaluated and essentially deemed worthy by coaches. So if players keep falling short, who is really at fault? Good luck continuing to try and explain things to these guys, it is fun to read.
OK, time to put up or shut up. Name ONE person here who never believes a coach does anything wrong. NAME ONE.  Failure to do so is an admission that you two are here to do nothing but troll and stir the pot.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith