August 18, 2019, 09:15:24 PM

Author Topic: The Packers will not win another Super Bowl with Mike McCarthy as HC  (Read 2646 times)

Offline FAH1223

• Starter
It's clear he won in 2010 because of the talented defense. If you look  closely, yesterdays game was similar to that run.

1. Jump on a team early

2. Hold a lead.

3. Play to not lose the game.

4. Hope defense bails you out, they do it.

5. Hope defense bails you out, they collapse at the end.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: The Packers will not win another Super Bowl with Mike McCarthy as HC
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »
We are going to the Super Bowl next year. We are a team on the rise, not decline.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
We are going to the Super Bowl next year. We are a team on the rise, not decline.

Agree 100%... Really hard to swallow, but lessons will be learned from this game. We are entering a great time to be an emerging team in the NFC, and are in the prime of our MVP QB's career.

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »
Rodgers choked.  And not just a little.  It was one of his worst games of all time, and it was palpable that the moment was overwhelming him.  I think that's deeply unsettling, with regard to our chances of ever winning another SB with him.
It's what it's.

Offline Sanguine Camper

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
Do you really trust this team not to choke in the future? I don't. They were poorly prepared for the fake fg and onside kick. They just don't play 4 quarters

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »
Do you really trust this team not to choke in the future? I don't. They were poorly prepared for the fake fg and onside kick. They just don't play 4 quarters

Yea, I do. I think we are poised to make a very good run. We have some great young guys and Rodgers in his prime. Rodgers played with a hurt calf and I think it affected every part of his game. He just did not look good at all, at any time after his injury.

Some players will be let go, some new guys added and the rest will have another year under their belt with playoff experience. Playoff experience is key for young guys.

GO PACK GO!
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 03:06:17 PM »

We were lucky this year with the injury bug .. can we lucky again next year? 

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »

Didn't they change the conditioning program this past offseason? Infact, wasn't it made fun of earlier this season? If indeed it was changed and I'm remembering it correctly, I don't see why we would expect the results to be completely different. Obviously when you stay as healthy as we did good things happen, but the conditioning program probably did play a role. I still think we have a very bright future in front of us it just sucks that it had to end this way this year.

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
They won't win the SB if they keep Slocum! Yet another year of horrible ST's play! You also have to love a defense that plays well for 55 minutes, then gives up 2 TD's, and then 1 more in overtime! 3 drives in a row, 3 TD's! Who's responsible for that? The same guy who lets Wilson have 10 seconds on 3rd and 19! And McCarthy will do nothing about either of those jokes! Just like last year, he'll say the same crap "we'll be evaluating the coaching staff". Then in 3 weeks he'll issue a statement that nobody will be replaced!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 11:39:47 PM »

Didn't they change the conditioning program this past offseason? Infact, wasn't it made fun of earlier this season? If indeed it was changed and I'm remembering it correctly, I don't see why we would expect the results to be completely different. Obviously when you stay as healthy as we did good things happen, but the conditioning program probably did play a role. I still think we have a very bright future in front of us it just sucks that it had to end this way this year.

Unfortunately we had an injury to the one player that means the most to this team.  AR hasn't looked like the league MVP since he hurt that calf in Tampa.  Didn't he have 2 separate tears?   :-\   You could see he couldn't run and was in pain back there.  We can never question his toughness, that's for sure.  I truly believe had Aaron been healthy our guys would be preparing for NE instead of heading for a golf course.