December 14, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Hack McGinn's Latest Piece of "Journalism"  (Read 6622 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Hack McGinn's Latest Piece of "Journalism"
« on: January 28, 2015, 04:44:18 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/with-super-bowl-in-sight-aaron-rodgers-didnt-deliver-b99431306z1-289705111.html

This clown starts off his article with:

Not sure about you, but I'm sick of the blame game for Green Bay's overtime defeat a week ago in Seattle.

Then he spends the rest of the article blaming Aaron for the loss.  This clown's agenda couldn't be more obvious. He absolutely revels in taking shots at the Packers.  Why does the JSO continue to employ that embarrassment?
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Hack McGinn's Latest Piece of "Journalism"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/with-super-bowl-in-sight-aaron-rodgers-didnt-deliver-b99431306z1-289705111.html

This clown starts off his article with:

Not sure about you, but I'm sick of the blame game for Green Bay's overtime defeat a week ago in Seattle.

Then he spends the rest of the article blaming Aaron for the loss.  This clown's agenda couldn't be more obvious. He absolutely revels in taking shots at the Packers.  Why does the JSO continue to employ that embarrassment?

To get people to talk about him and their paper (or click on their articles online) most likely.   Him blaming Rodgers for this loss is ridiculous IMO.  Rodgers didn't have a great game but he wasn't the only guilty party in this mess.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
Plenty of blame to go around but I find this article a good assessment of Rodgers playoff issues.  He could write a novel  on other areas the Packers failed in but clearly in the playoffs playing good isnt going to cut it, he's gotta play great.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
Plenty of blame to go around but I find this article a good assessment of Rodgers playoff issues.  He could write a novel  on other areas the Packers failed in but clearly in the playoffs playing good isnt going to cut it, he's gotta play great.
The point is that this clown says he is sick of the blame game then proceeds to do what he is sick of.  Hack is an embarrassment.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
To get people to talk about him and their paper (or click on their articles online) most likely.

This is most likely it. Gotta admit when I opened the thread I wanted to click the link just to read what an idiot McGinn is. I resisted after reading your post Pugger

Offline Stic56

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
Also remember the SE part of the State in particular Milwaukee is still upset over the Packers pulling out.

Remember to the original plan was not to give Milwaukee season ticket holders seats at Lambeau much less two games.

Bob Harlan had to stay in GB for the last Packer game in Milwaukee because the City said it couldn't guarantee his protection.

It was only some months after that he changed his plans to give Lambeau season ticket holders the rights to those three games.

Those GB season ticket holders had already been canvassed and 99% desperately wanted those seats for the three Milwaukee games transferred to Lambeau.

Harlan finally relented and game up with the Green and Gold Package with Milwaukee season ticket holders still losing the rights to one game.

My Dad had and the family still has season tickets originating from both venues circa 1957. My dad though never went to a game after he heard about Harlans plans in 1990. My Dad had many inside contacts at GB Packers HQ some going back decades. But kept the tickets mostly out of spite.

That feud will run for a coupla decades yet.

McGinn leads it and in his advancing age is increasingly bitter.

Remember he was the at the Press Gazette until 1991. My Dad said at the time this bodes ill.

He was also first to recommend drafting ARs replacement.

TT and the Packer Organization in general have mostly shunned him for 25 years.

Id be bitter myself.

Hes a great writer.

Calling him a "Clown" is utterly w/o merit. And no True Packer fan would ever use such a slur to describe him.

Hes not perfect but better than anyone here, covering the Packers or in Sports Writing in general and the Packers specifically.

Demovsky and Peliserro. ESPN and USA TODAY respectively are up and coming.

The rest can well you know............................

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
I am a die hard Packer fan, and I think McGinn is a clown, so ya- packer fans do indeed call him a clown.

He does reasonably well with his big board at draft time, but he says ridiculous things backed up by unnamed scouts, who for all we know are working for teams that are perpetually bad due to scouting failures.  Bob panders to the angry, overly emotional fan. 

Face it, injured QB in bad weather conditions against one of the top defenses in a long time.  We didn't lose that game because of Rogers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:43:52 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Stic56

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
Bobs reply about you fools:

"In ARiz working, Rick. Stopped worrying about all that fan "stuff" 20 years ago."

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
Also remember the SE part of the State in particular Milwaukee is still upset over the Packers pulling out.

Remember to the original plan was not to give Milwaukee season ticket holders seats at Lambeau much less two games.

Bob Harlan had to stay in GB for the last Packer game in Milwaukee because the City said it couldn't guarantee his protection.

It was only some months after that he changed his plans to give Lambeau season ticket holders the rights to those three games.

Those GB season ticket holders had already been canvassed and 99% desperately wanted those seats for the three Milwaukee games transferred to Lambeau.

Harlan finally relented and game up with the Green and Gold Package with Milwaukee season ticket holders still losing the rights to one game.

My Dad had and the family still has season tickets originating from both venues circa 1957. My dad though never went to a game after he heard about Harlans plans in 1990. My Dad had many inside contacts at GB Packers HQ some going back decades. But kept the tickets mostly out of spite.

That feud will run for a coupla decades yet.

McGinn leads it and in his advancing age is increasingly bitter.

Remember he was the at the Press Gazette until 1991. My Dad said at the time this bodes ill.

He was also first to recommend drafting ARs replacement.

TT and the Packer Organization in general have mostly shunned him for 25 years.

Id be bitter myself.

Hes a great writer.

Calling him a "Clown" is utterly w/o merit. And no True Packer fan would ever use such a slur to describe him.

Hes not perfect but better than anyone here, covering the Packers or in Sports Writing in general and the Packers specifically.

Demovsky and Peliserro. ESPN and USA TODAY respectively are up and coming.

The rest can well you know............................

No true Packer fan would ever threaten the life of the CEO of the organization. Pathetic.

Edit: I'm not saying McGinn said anything. I'm saying, if the people of Milwaukee were/continue to be that mad they have really really poor priorities in life. I love the pack as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't dream of wanting someone hurt over them moving a few hours north.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:47:32 PM by jthiel86 »
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
Hes a great writer.

He's not a great writer. He's uses fear and his own biased opinions for material. He is no better than any of us here in my mind, and considerably less professional than a few. He is the FOX news of Green Bay Packer media. Nobody makes more ridiculous claims than him. I have absolutely zero respect for him as a man or writer. You can tell the kind of person he is just by his words. No honor, no loyalty, no class. A true fan stands by his team no matter what. Not berate and attempt to sabotage other fan's opinions.

I wouldn't call him a clown. He doesn't deserve to be insulted like that because his material and legacy as a writer is insult enough. He's the one who asks snotty questions at PCs and gets stern retorts from the likes of McCarthy.

McCarren>McGinn all day, every day.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:04:26 PM by claymaker »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:30 PM »

Good article/post Pugger...

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »

Hes a great writer.

No, he isn't.

"Great writers" do not use an agenda to fuel their writing. "Great writers" do not repeatedly lambaste the teams they are assigned to cover while fawning over the opponent. "Great writers" do not say they hate something then do exactly what they supposedly "hate".

Hack deserves the monicker of "Clown".  Any true Packer knows this and ignores his drivel.

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
I love reading what he writes, in general.

He's the only local writer I'm aware of who dared call into question Rodgers' play in the NFCC game.  That earns him some objectivity points from me.
It's what it's.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »
Aside from Crosby, everyone should share some of the blame for that loss, including Rodgers.
But damn, the guy was injured.  More injured that we were led to believe, I'm thinking.