September 24, 2018, 08:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Hack McGinn's Latest Piece of "Journalism"  (Read 6585 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: Hack McGinn's Latest Piece of "Journalism"
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
Stopped reading 'hack' many years ago.

Sounds like he's even worse than I remember...if that's possible.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline PackerYakker

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »

In other words, you have nothing to say about the topic, other than to repeat a childish insult, that is.

All of this because a decorated sports writer had the temerity to suggest that our all-world QB, one who's carried the team for years with his stellar play, didn't perform up to his high standard. What was Rodgers QB rating vs. SEA again?

This thread is nothing but a litmus test for homerism.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »

Not really. 

More about reality testing.  Tough conditions for both QB's.  We didn't lose that game because of Rodgers.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 01:31:35 PM »

Not really. 

More about reality testing.  Tough conditions for both QB's.  We didn't lose that game because of Rodgers.

Correct.

After the Burnett INT they took the ball out of AR's hands and put it in Lacy's. The thought was to burn the clock. Sadly, it backfired and the next time AR had the ball in his hands the Pack was behind by a field goal.

But AR WAS all-world on that final drive to put them in position to give Crosby a chance to tie the game.

BMcG pointing a finger at AR is just another of his ways of poking the tiger in the cage.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »
No use for McGinn...

He is the worst writer following the Pack IMO.

Still read his article mostly they just piss me off.

He is a hack...

Want to read a real journalist?  Try Pete Dougherty.

He is excellent.

My favorite reporter is Wilde. 

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »
I love reading what he writes, in general.

He's the only local writer I'm aware of who dared call into question Rodgers' play in the NFCC game.  That earns him some objectivity points from me.
WHich is completely canceld out by his statment that he was "sick of the blame game". Hack isn't objective. He's pathetic.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »

In other words, you have nothing to say about the topic, other than to repeat a childish insult, that is.

All of this because a decorated sports writer had the temerity to suggest that our all-world QB, one who's carried the team for years with his stellar play, didn't perform up to his high standard. What was Rodgers QB rating vs. SEA again?

Agree, McGinn is a good writer,  Rodgers isnt blameless in that loss, but there are plenty of areas of concern in that game. 

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »
Just seeing this post, so I'm late to the party. This is splitting hairs, but as a writer I need to make the distinction. McGinn is a terrible writer; he's a very good reporter.
Good writers do more than just spew stats and quote semi-literate scouts. There's an art to it. Tyler Dunne is a fantastic writer -- but he doesn't yet have the inside knowledge of a reporter like McGinn.
Blend the better parts of both and we might have something.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Just seeing this post, so I'm late to the party. This is splitting hairs, but as a writer I need to make the distinction. McGinn is a terrible writer; he's a very good reporter.
Good writers do more than just spew stats and quote semi-literate scouts. There's an art to it. Tyler Dunne is a fantastic writer -- but he doesn't yet have the inside knowledge of a reporter like McGinn.
Blend the better parts of both and we might have something.
I'd rather you blend Dunne with Tom Silverstein. That would be one hell of a winning combination.

Offline number12

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:17:16 AM »
I love Rodgers, but McGinn is right.  Stop making excuses for him, I'm sure AR is looking in the mirror.   Hopefully, it will serve as motivation for #12, as I think that was probably the intention of the piece in the first place.   

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 11:41:03 AM »
I love Rodgers, but McGinn is right.  Stop making excuses for him, I'm sure AR is looking in the mirror.   Hopefully, it will serve as motivation for #12, as I think that was probably the intention of the piece in the first place.

I truly believe if we had a healthy Rodgers in the post season we would have beaten Seattle.  When I watched replays of the games last year before he injured his calf he looked like a different guy out there.  AR is probably harder on himself so I doubt McGinn's little column is going motivate Rodgers more.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 08:27:02 AM »
Nobody made excuses for Rodgers. The point of this thread was that Hack is not only sick and tired of the blame game, but then proceeds to blame someone anyway, he points the blame at the person who is at beast 6th on the list.

Hack's piece was not intended to motivate Rodgers. Hack's piece was intended to throw garbage against the wall in order to get web hits. Hack hates the Packers.