October 16, 2019, 10:05:38 PM

Author Topic: Harvin pursuit - Is Jennings on the radar?  (Read 14286 times)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Harvin pursuit - Is Jennings on the radar?
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:03:39 AM »
I was kind of surprised by the rumors and articles about us pursuing Percy Harvin.  I thought we were pretty loaded at WR especially with Abbredis and the other kid.  So, my rumor comes from some folks who live in Minneapolis.  They are hearing that Greg Jennings wants to come back to Green Bay.  Has anyone else heard anything similar?  I'm sure it's all about price, but what if?  (Jennings, R. Rogers, Cobb, Adams, Nelson would make a pretty good crop of receivers).  Maybe we draft all defense and OL! 

Offline GBPFan

• Rookie
Re: Harvin pursuit - Is Jennings on the radar?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:06:51 AM »
Jennings may have burnt some bridges when he left the Packers. I know he has as far as I'm concerned. I don't want him back.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
I was kind of surprised by the rumors and articles about us pursuing Percy Harvin.  I thought we were pretty loaded at WR especially with Abbredis and the other kid.  So, my rumor comes from some folks who live in Minneapolis.  They are hearing that Greg Jennings wants to come back to Green Bay.  Has anyone else heard anything similar?  I'm sure it's all about price, but what if?  (Jennings, R. Rogers, Cobb, Adams, Nelson would make a pretty good crop of receivers).  Maybe we draft all defense and OL! 

Viking fans have tired of the team picking up GB retreads that dont perform, so they'd like to send an older version back to GB. Give em something to crow about when the team's once again in last place  :)

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »
I don't see how bringing G-Jennings back to GB makes sense for anyone involved.  GB's top 2 WR's are set, and I doubt GB would be too keen on pushing Adams behind Jennings on the depth chart.  Jennings was complaining about his targets when he was one of GB's primary options, so I don't expect he'd be happy as a 3rd or 4th option.  This doesn't even consider the bridges Jennings burned on his way out of GB.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:45:29 AM by Mazrimiv »

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »
Jennings was an excellent player for us, and he's still good.  I think he'd be very effective for us, and I'd love to have him.  But that ship has sailed.  No $$$ for a #4 receiver. 

Sorry, Greg, you're going someplace else. 

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »

Am I missing something here? Isnt Jennings a slot guy (?) and didn't we just re-up our slot guy? Who was a primary reason we thought Jennings was expendable to begin with and is considerably better and more expensive than Jennings was or ever will be?

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
I'd welcome Jennings back as the Gatorade boy.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
If Jennings would take a James Jones type of 2 year deal I would consider it. 

He'd be a solid 3/4 option and insurance if one of our top guys got hurt.  He's no more than a possession WR at this point, but he'd still be a very nice third down option.  We don't know if Abby or Janis are going to step up at all. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
At the right price, absolutely. Jennings has adequate speed, but where he differs is route running.  He has rare ability to cut sharply on a dime.    I think the Packers are going to go with what they got though.   Jennings would help, but not enough to warrant the delay of development of their current backup WRs.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 10:24:16 AM »
At the right price, absolutely. Jennings has adequate speed, but where he differs is route running.  He has rare ability to cut sharply on a dime.    I think the Packers are going to go with what they got though.   Jennings would help, but not enough to warrant the delay of development of their current backup WRs.

And to develop, those backups (Janis and Abbey) need lots of reps, both OTA's, training camp/pre-season, and regular season.

A Jennings presence would reduce those opportunities. Not a good idea, imo.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:27:00 AM by dannobanano »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »
I don't see how bringing G-Jennings back to GB makes sense for anyone involved.  GB's top 2 WR's are set, and I doubt GB would be too keen on pushing Adams behind Jennings on the depth chart.  Jennings was complaining about his targets when he was one of GB's primary options, so I don't expect he'd be happy as a 3rd or 4th option.  This doesn't even consider the bridges Jennings burned on his way out of GB.
What bridges did he burn? He certainly didn't burn any with team. And I don't think Rodgers would have a problem welcoming him back. So, the only possible bridge he could have burned is with the fans and they need to get over themselves.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 10:47:35 AM »
Before the war begins, has he even been released?

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »
Not yet...rumor is he'll be cut as a cap casualty.

Now that we have got Cobb back don't see the need.

Pack has moved on...have young talent to develop.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:14:25 AM by dannobanano »

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
Would have made more money had he stayed in GB...

Gotta a big head look where that got him.

Still a good receiver though.

Someone will pick him up.