September 15, 2019, 09:04:32 PM

Author Topic: Mock 1.0  (Read 2563 times)

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
Mock 1.0
« on: April 06, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »
  RD 1) We are at the pinnacle of what a draft and develop team becomes, but we still have a glaring need at corner that needs to be filled due to the outrageous bidding in free agency for corners. With Peters and Kendricks off the board, we trade down and draft a day 1 solid contributor and recieve a high 4th rd pick to solidify depth. There will be a lot of players in the 4th that can help our team.

RD 2a) CB Byron Jones: Day 1 help.
  Hayward and Shields wil be starters with Jones as our nickle/slot guy.

RD 2b) Trade down and get a 5th rd pick. There will be good players in the 4th and 5th rds, we can trade up and target those players.

RD 3a) RB Duke Johnson: Abdullah and Ajayi will likely be off the board. We have a great O-Line, may as well stock the stable with horses.

RD 3b) CB Craig Mager: Had a great senior bowl, would be great depth. Looks better than House when he was drafted.

RD 4a) RB/KR Trey Williams: Great KR and would add a dimension to our offense late in games when the opposing defense is worn out.

RD 4b, trade up) WILB Bryce Hager: Barrington can play both WILB and SILB. We have a 3 headed monster at SILB already. Hager has the speed and size to help at WILB, ST's and perhaps nickle ILB.

RD 5a) OT/G Mark Glowinski: Backup swing tackle with in the mold of Bakhtiari and Tretter.

RD 5b, trade up) OLB/ILB Zach Hodges: Size/strength/athleticism to help in all LB positions and ST's.

RD 6a comp) DT/NT Deon Simon: Could be a steal for the future. Athletic for his size.

RD 6b comp) OT Jamil Douglas: Could be a sleeper in a ZBS.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
Re: Mock 1.0
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:48:14 AM »
nice group.  if I had anything to disagree on its gonna be a RB early.  I just dont see the need to grab one early when you can find guys late.  we have lacy and starks with Neal showing some promise. 

Other then that, you have some new names in here which is always good.  Im huge on jones,  He might go in the 1st. 

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
Nice work though I'm not sure our holes at CB and RB are big enough to spend all of our 1st 4 picks on the position groups.  I'm not sure those 4 picks help us at all next year as you don't gain a single starter or rotational player from the group.  Jones may be the closest and thats only if he beats out Hyde for the Nickle CB slot which I'm not sure a rookie will be able to do. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
I don't care for the strategy.  We have a couple of position that really need to be filled, and overall a deep roster.

The strategy of trading down to get many more picks is great for a struggling team that needs to build its talent level up.

The Pack needs to load a couple positions with the best players possible, and make a championship run.   I'd actually prefer a trade up in the 2nd round to ensure we get the right player.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »
I don't care for the strategy.  We have a couple of position that really need to be filled, and overall a deep roster.

The strategy of trading down to get many more picks is great for a struggling team that needs to build its talent level up.

The Pack needs to load a couple positions with the best players possible, and make a championship run.   I'd actually prefer a trade up in the 2nd round to ensure we get the right player.

I agree with this.  Definitely have limited space on the roster but could use a couple impact players to round it out.

I really liked what we did in 2008 when we moved out of the first round but packaged some picks together and ended up with 3 2nd round picks.  If we could do something like that this year I think we would be in great shape to land an impact player or two.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

While I agree I'd always take 3 impact guys then 9 guys, TT thinks your odds are better to strike gold with more shovels. 

As far as are roster being full....  We added our own FAs and lost hawk, jones, williams, house and more then likely Kuhn and bush a,one others.  There are spots on this roster needing filling along with some ps spots.  We are not whole. 
I agree with this.  Definitely have limited space on the roster but could use a couple impact players to round it out.

I really liked what we did in 2008 when we moved out of the first round but packaged some picks together and ended up with 3 2nd round picks.  If we could do something like that this year I think we would be in great shape to land an impact player or two.