December 14, 2018, 10:22:06 PM

Author Topic: Who's in your 6th round scoop?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
Who's in your 6th round scoop?
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
The draft set up for the Pack to have 206, 201 and 213 in the 6th round. This three player scoop out of the 6th round look very promising this year.

What 3 players would you scoop? I went:

CB JUSTIN COLEMAN
TENNESSEE
Plays the run well, has good ball skills. 4 yrs starter that played outside contain
on kickoff coverage.

OT ANDREW DONNAL
IOWA
 6-6 315 and played RT and G at Iowa. Donnal was rated slightly higher than Brandon Scherff coming out of HS
Has played G and T at Iowa

DT XAVIER WILLIAMS
NORTHWERN IOWA
An All-Valley DT. Has 10 tackles against Iowa in 2014 who tried to run the ball up the gut most of the game.

All in all a scoop for the Pack ;D

Offline Still Cheesy

• Second String
Re: Who's in your 6th round scoop?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:22:19 AM »
I'll bite

1. Darryl Roberts, CB, Marshall: Not sure he'll still be there, but he is one of the few CB prospects outside of the first couple of rounds who seems to have the physical attributes the Packers look for.

2. James O'Shaughnessy, TE, Illinois State: I think the Packers will bypass the bigger name tight ends unless someone really falls and take one of the more athletic projects, such as O'Shaughnessy.

3. Kendall Lamm, OT/OG, Appalachian State: The Packers have a history of snagging lesser known o-line prospects who played left tackle in college and have good agility scores. Lamm probably tops the list of guys who fit that mold who are projected to be available here.

Not a ton of immediate impact from the group, but the long term potential is there.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Who's in your 6th round scoop?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
I posted my mock elsewhere but I'll repeat the round 6 picks here.
OLB/ILB Jake Ryan
OT Corey Robinson
FB Tyler Varga

Two of these picks project to having a real impact on ST, which is as it should be with many late round picks. That unit needs help, and it will come from later picks. Of the three I like Ryan and Varga rather a lot, Robinson less so (but you can argue for a need for a backup tackle).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"