October 17, 2019, 11:17:46 PM

Author Topic: You're on the clock...with the XXX pick,  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
Re: You're on the clock...with the XXX pick,
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 07:53:40 AM »
So...  weren't we supposed to see last year's results?

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
Of the seven guys in this thread who put up a list, Quinten Rollins is the favoured guy at #62 in..........all seven

He seems extraordinarily popular. I loved him before the draft myself (I even said he'd be a solid pick at #30), but this is an unusual amount of love for a guy, on a board that has so many diverse opinions.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline davekenya

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »
I'll take some risks here with my 2015 Packers' alternate draft:

Round 1....Malcom Brown ......DT....Texas
Round 2....Jaelen Strong........WR....ASU
Round 3....T.J. Clemmings.......OT.....Pitt
Round 4....Jake Ryan.............LB.....Michigan
Round 5....Brett Hundley........QB....UCLA
Round 6....Kevin White...........CB....TCU
Round 6....Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.....CB...Oregon
Round 6....Justin Cox..............CB...MS State

I really don't see why we didn't take Brown in Round 1.  Raji and Guin or both could be gone after this year.  DTs take a year to learn the position.  Perfect situation to sit behind these guys and develop and then take over in year 2.  Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

A couple of these are injury risks...but I figure the Packers' roster will be hard to make and they can be 'red shirted' by stashing on IR for a year.  This will hurt me in next year's evaluation of how my rookies did, but as we know it takes 3+ years to judge a draft class and I'm banking some of the selections will 'make hay' in later years (same is true for Hundley who will return no value when evaluating his performance as a rookie as - hopefully - he will not see the field).

I debated about Justin Cox.  I'd like to think he's a changed person and not undraftable.  I almost threw the last Packer pick towards La'el Collins...OT...LSU for same reason.  Hey, why not?  With a late rounder who either won't make the squad anyway or if so has little upside ... I say this is where you do your 'boom or bust' picks.  Anyway, that's where I mix it up a bit more and become the gunslinger.