November 20, 2018, 07:27:51 PM

Author Topic: Vikings wk 17 and rd 1 of the playoffs  (Read 1846 times)

Antonio Andolini

Vikings wk 17 and rd 1 of the playoffs
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:32:36 AM »
As of right now that is the match up. We could be facing a similar scenario as '09 against the Cards.

Offline JimATX

• All Pro
Re: Vikings wk 17 and rd 1 of the playoffs
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
Vikes will lose this weekend @HOU and there go their playoff chances.

Green Bay still has a good shot at the #2 seed.
Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Antonio Andolini

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
If they should somehow get past the Texans it would be sweet to knock the out of the playoffs en route to an undefeated NFC Nort season (again). :D

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »
When I ran it through the playoff machine with various scenarios, it looked like the vikings had very little chance at the playoffs.  The Vikings have to win out, and the giants need to lose one.  I don't see the vikings getting past Houston as they are playing for home field advantage and are thus still motivated. 

"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:42:27 AM »
When I ran it through the playoff machine with various scenarios, it looked like the vikings had very little chance at the playoffs.  The Vikings have to win out, and the giants need to lose one.  I don't see the vikings getting past Houston as they are playing for home field advantage and are thus still motivated.

Looks to me like the Vikings are ahead of the Giants and control their own destiny?

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline mavajo

• HOF Member
  • sinatra - Posting at www.gbpackeraddicts.com now.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Looks to me like the Vikings are ahead of the Giants and control their own destiny?

Vikings are not in control of their own destiny.  They have a very good shot of making the playoffs, but they could go 2-0 and still miss the playoffs.

Edit:  To expand on that, I just tinkered with the Playoff thing on ESPN.  Even if the Vikings go 2-0, they could be bumped if the Redskins/Cowboys (can't both go 2-0, since they play eachother) and Giants go 2-0.

Chicago is in a similar spot -- they could go 2-0 and also get bumped.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:30:09 PM by mavajo »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »

Sorry for the late reply- snow has kind of kept me off the computer.

Ya- I know this scenario listed in the nfl playoff picture, as it comes up that way on the playoff machine for how they sit right now.  for some reason, when I put in the first game as an Atlanta win, Minnesota disappears from the playoffs, and it takes some less plausible scenarios to bring them back.  It looks like they lose tiebreakers with the Giants and the Bears, so they would have to win against Houston and Green Bay, both good teams.  Then they still need some help.  It looks to me like they will miss the playoffs, and considering how I feel about the Vikings, that makes me very happy.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »
Peterson is amazing but if you get a 2 score lead on them they have to put the ball in Ponder's hand.    :o  Here's to MN keeping Ponder around for years!   ;)