December 06, 2019, 04:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Early Observations III  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Early Observations III
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 12:53:15 PM »
Lets be fair though.  We did almost beat Seattle but we needed their QB to have his worst game as a pro to be in that situation.  If he has even an average game and Lynch runs for just under 6.5 ypc like he did in that game, they'd have beat us just as bad as they beat us in week 1 when it wasn't even a competetive contest. Not sure we can look on that game and rest on our lorels because we should have beat Seattle after their QB had as bad of a NFC championship game as any QB in the history of the game. 

I don't think last year's bad run defense is good enough to win a championship with.  Not when you're likely going to have to go through great running teams like Seattle and Dallas.  Time will tell though.  We'll rinse and repeat with the virtually the same cast of players hoping for a different result. 

SSG - the only one "resting on his laurels" is you. Regardless of post. Regardless of context. All you ever do is run things down.
In this (and many other instances) the defense. I'm sure you think of the other side of the fence. I'm confident you know it exists. But you refuse to acknowledge it.

Wilson's "worst game as a Pro" (as you state it) was a direct result of GB's defensive play - but (not) oddly, thats not represented anywhere in your post(s). Certainly. Of course not. To do so would contradict your one and only trick pony: GB's run D sucks - and it really sucks on the road.

You really do need to diversify. The portfolio's become stale and you cant keep pushing the same old cheap stocks cause they've lost their value.   

And no cpk - you're aversion to (and declaration of) "TT apologists"  does not apply either. Peoples reasoned and considered evaluations (and their are many of them) cant be discounted so easily - well, by anyone other than you.

The roster contains new, different and exciting opportunities for advancement in 2015  - yet you two are stuck in the past. A deep rut of your own making (and enjoyment). You slop around in it like pigs in the proverbial s#%*.

Boring old albums with deep scratches in them. The tune's stuck in your head.
Deleting posts now? Classy. I guess we can't be critical of TT around here.

There's a section Bitch and Moan section. I recommend you find it. 

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 02:03:04 PM »
Packers have made six straight playoff appearances, won four straight division titles and won a Super Bowl. All this with BAP and draft-and-develop philosophy.

Why is it so hard for people to believe TT might know what he’s doing in the draft?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »
Packers have made six straight playoff appearances, won four straight division titles and won a Super Bowl. All this with BAP and draft-and-develop philosophy.

Why is it so hard for people to believe TT might know what he’s doing in the draft?
Why is it so hard for people to accept others that don't bow to TT and are actually critical of him when they think it warrants it? All that success does not mean he can't be criticized.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »

Why is it so hard for people to accept others that don't bow to TT and are actually critical of him when they think it warrants it? All that success does not mean he can't be criticized.

Well I'll tell you 'criticizing' is fine when warranted.

In this case it makes the poster(s) look ill-informed and frankly foolish.

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »

You aren't being critical of TT you are being absolutely negative about everything Packer related.  You act as if this team is turning into the browns or raiders....

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
Well I guess we're all suppose to ignore one of the worst run defenses around! These are the same people that said BEFORE the draft what they thought the Packers needed to do.......Improve the defensive front seven. Now that it's after the draft, they say TT was great, even though they were all for improving the defense. You guys can throw something out doing 360's like that!

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »
Well I guess we're all suppose to ignore one of the worst run defenses around! These are the same people that said BEFORE the draft what they thought the Packers needed to do.......Improve the defensive front seven. Now that it's after the draft, they say TT was great, even though they were all for improving the defense. You guys can throw something out doing 360's like that!

drafted an ILB and DE...

Because we didn't fix every hole makes this a terrible draft?

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »

First 8 games of 2014 rushing yards allowed: 149.75/game

bye week

next 8 games of 2014 rushing yards allowed (with CM3 helping at ILB): 86.375/game

The 2nd half of season stat, had it been for a whole season, would have ranked GB as the #4 rush defense in the NFL.

Here...................do the math yourself!!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2014.htm

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »

bye week

next 8 games of 2014 rushing yards allowed (with CM3 helping at ILB): 86.375/game

The 2nd half of season stat, had it been for a whole season, would have ranked GB as the #4 rush defense in the NFL.

Now let's not bring facts into this.

clap)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 09:32:31 PM »
I thought that was the point some of us had already made?

Why did it take Capers so long to switch CM 3 to the inside?

Because it seemed to yield results.

But alas the Hawks reverted us back to the first half.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
Why?

Wasn't it injuries and therefore not the personnel to make the switch?

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:28 AM »
I thought that was the point some of us had already made?

Why did it take Capers so long to switch CM 3 to the inside?

Because it seemed to yield results.

But alas the Hawks reverted us back to the first half.

Love me some Pack, but Capers doesn't check in for the season until week 8 at the earliest.  It was awesome seeing Clay lock down the run defense, but most D Cord's would've realized that in training camp - yet it took 8 weeks as the worst run D in the league for Capers to realize anything was wrong...  Hence why Mike is giving up play calling to work with the D and ST along with the O.  Any other team Capers would've been fired years ago, but Rodgers puts up enough points for him to keep his job

I know many on the board are against anything that paints the Packers in a bad light, but Capers has been little less than terrible in any year other than when Woodson won DPOY

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 01:42:08 AM »

Well I'll tell you 'criticizing' is fine when warranted.

In this case it makes the poster(s) look ill-informed and frankly foolish.
Being concerned about the run defense isn't being ill-informed, especially when the stats for the last 4 seasons back it up. Ted didn't address it. That is also fact. So not liking the draft because of that is not being ill informed or frankly foolish.

I'm guessing you only think criticism is warranted when it line up with your opinion.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 01:47:32 AM »

You aren't being critical of TT you are being absolutely negative about everything Packer related.  You act as if this team is turning into the browns or raiders....
Now you are making a huge exaggeration that is completely false and nonsense. I have been critical of TT on just two things, the run defense and the WR position. Otherwise I have been one of TT's biggest defenders and have been label by other posters as a TT apologist.  If TT had addressed the run D in the first 3 rounds, you wouldn't have heard me complain.  So, sorry that I won't throw a parade for TT and kiss his ring like the rest of you do.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 06:54:37 AM »

bye week

Playoffs- 169.5 yards per

Why act like the 2 single biggest games of the season are pre season games that don't matter when putting together your post? 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:05:28 AM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.