August 18, 2019, 08:45:35 PM

Author Topic: WRs for the Pack  (Read 17158 times)

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
Re: WRs for the Pack
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 06:37:34 AM »
I'd like to see a different approach to the WR position.  Right now, with Jennings gone, we seem to have a nice group.  Good hands, different sizes and steady production across the main three; Cobb, Nelson and Jones.  Instead of drafting another 'pretty good' prospect I would like to see a little roll of the dice and reach for greatness.

I still think DaRick Rodgers will be available in round two.  He IS dynamic, you just have to take a chance on the character question and believe your leadership and coaching will overcome it. I know Woods, Bailey and some of these others are very good, but I'd like a shot at great. twocents)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:50:39 AM by Dubz41 »
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 06:39:59 AM »
Question for the board...If Rodgers didn't have character issues, where would he go in the draft?  Or will the combine shake that question out...

Cuz I'm with Dubz.  I'd like a shot at greatness with a WR who can get deep and work the middle of the field, all while using his size and strength.  Seems like Rodgers has these qualities.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »
Question for the board...If Rodgers didn't have character issues, where would he go in the draft?  Or will the combine shake that question out...

Cuz I'm with Dubz.  I'd like a shot at greatness with a WR who can get deep and work the middle of the field, all while using his size and strength.  Seems like Rodgers has these qualities.

If not for character if would come down to preference and he would be in discussion for top WR out of 3 of them. And based on the fit of what we require out of a WR, would number 1/2 on my list. His combination of hands, size, and toughness, just scream WCO WR to me. Seriously reminded me of a faster Sterling Sharpe. Draft sites compare him to Julio Jones, but I think Sharpe is a better comparison and maybe Larry Fitzgerald. Curious to see the numbers on all these WRs come the Combine.....