August 18, 2019, 04:52:05 PM

Author Topic: Jerrett Bush suspended 4 games for performance enhancing drugs.  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Favre2Rodgers

• Starter
I didn't see him as a roided out guy. Maybe he was desperate to make a team?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13250032/jarrett-bush-green-bay-packers-suspended-four-games

Offline tied2thetracks78

• Starter
Why Bush won't be back
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
Re: Why Bush won't be back
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
Well that's fantastic...

I'm not the biggest Jarrett fan personally, but I was rooting for him to be back this year.  Think we could've used the leadership.  Behind Sam we have Hayward (hasn't been healthy for most of the last two years), Hyde (not sure he's a starting caliber player, could be wrong), a rookie who played safety in college, and another rookie with a year of football experience.  Definitely would've liked a little more veteran leadership in the group.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »
Frankly, it makes him a good injury insurance policy. As a free agent with a 4 game suspension, he is likely to go unsigned, making him available if the Packers (knock on wood that it does not happen) have a few DB injuries, there is likely going to be a veteran who knows the defense inside and out that will be available. Too bad, I imagine he was taking stuff to try to work his way back from this injury.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Bama Pack Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 06:46:38 PM »
After the interception in last SB victory, JB is Packer for Life in my book.  But time has passed him by, just like others ( John Kuhn IMO).  If Packers need him mid-season, that's fine. 

Offline tied2thetracks78

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:00 AM »
With all the young guys
 on this roster I think a Gunter or a goodson are better, cheaper with more upside. I'm burnt out with players we need to give second chances to this offseason

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 03:28:29 AM »
So...............................

Bush was also arrested for being drunk in public??

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nfl-hands-down-suspensions/

Bush was suspended four games after being arrested, but not charged for public intoxication.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:29 AM »
I have to think the four game suspension is inclusive of the drunk in public AND the PEDS. Not that it matters, because he's no longer on the team, but four games seems pretty harsh for a single infraction.

Man, the Packers have to be at the top of the list for guys getting in trouble this off-season!!!  What is this...they're at four, and counting!

\ - : #

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:00 AM »
Frankly, it makes him a good injury insurance policy. As a free agent with a 4 game suspension, he is likely to go unsigned, making him available if the Packers (knock on wood that it does not happen) have a few DB injuries, there is likely going to be a veteran who knows the defense inside and out that will be available. Too bad, I imagine he was taking stuff to try to work his way back from this injury.

I was thinking the same thing.  GMTA?   ;)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 07:33:47 AM »
I have to think the four game suspension is inclusive of the drunk in public AND the PEDS. Not that it matters, because he's no longer on the team, but four games seems pretty harsh for a single infraction.

Man, the Packers have to be at the top of the list for guys getting in trouble this off-season!!!  What is this...they're at four, and counting!

\ - : #

Of course technically Bush isn't on the Packers' roster...   ;) 

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: Jerrett Bush suspended 4 games for performance enhancing drugs.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 10:05:57 AM »
Correct Pugger...he is a free agent.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.