December 06, 2019, 04:42:29 AM

Author Topic: Props and Condolences to the Chicken Little Chorus...  (Read 7577 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
Props and Condolences to the Chicken Little Chorus...
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:46 AM »
No need to name names, you know who you are... ;)

Props for your consistency and condolences for what must be for you a disappointing 3-0 start to the 2015 season.

I am being playfully provocative, thus the placement in the rant and vent forum :)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:09:08 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Props and Condolences to the Chicken Little Chorus...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
I'll take your condolences as they are freebies. I had the Pack down for a loss against KC (after predicting the first two wins). I was wrong and as a consequence, I feel pretty good about that, in fact I should say very good, given the quality football on display on Monday.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »
 popcorn)

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »
I do not understand the need to make threads like this     thumbsdwn)

maxman44

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »

Agreed

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »
A few thoughts:

1.) I thought the rant and vent forum was designed as a place to express frustration rather than bog down the main threads... which is exactly what this was, though in many ways more tongue in cheek.

2.) If you don't like it, why bump it back up, thereby resurrecting a thread that you would rather see fade away?

3.) How is it that calling positive posters homers and telling them to take off their green and gold goggles fair game (and not even reserved for this section) and a playful jab back considered out of place?

And as a final thought, you might note that this thread named no one. In fact, when 1265 weighed in I thought about telling him I did not consider him even a part time member of the chicken little chorus, but instead chose to let this playful jab at negativity (but no one in particular) die the quiet death a miss like this thread may deserve. :)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:35:36 PM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
A few thoughts:

1.) I thought the rant and vent forum was designed as a place to express frustration rather than bog down the main threads... which is exactly what this was, though in many ways more tongue in cheek.

2.) If you don't like it, why bump it back up, thereby resurrecting a thread that you would rather see fade away?

3.) How is it that calling positive posters homers and telling them to take off their green and gold goggles fair game (and not even reserved for this section) and a playful jab back considered out of place?

And as a final thought, you might note that this thread named no one. In fact, when 1265 weighed in I thought about telling him I did not consider him even a part time member of the chicken little chorus, but instead chose to let this playful jab at negativity (but no one in particular) die the quiet death a miss like this thread may deserve. :)

You are really going to try and defend this post as a "Rant" and hence why you placed it here?  What are you ranting about... that everyone does not share your opinion on all things Packers?

I am more of a glass half full person when it comes to the Packers..  so I am not offended by the post.  IMO it is one of the most antagonistic posts I have seen here at the site since posting here...   that is why I responded (bumped it). 

Offline PackerYakker

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »

If you lovingly combed the tangles out of your green & gold pom-poms every night before going to bed, you would.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 12:31:31 PM »
A few thoughts:

You are really going to try and defend this post as a "Rant" and hence why you placed it here?  What are you ranting about... that everyone does not share your opinion on all things Packers?

I am more of a glass half full person when it comes to the Packers..  so I am not offended by the post.  IMO it is one of the most antagonistic posts I have seen here at the site since posting here...   that is why I responded (bumped it).

Hincha, I admitted it was a miss, and when I came back later wished I hadn't posted it. I meant it as a playful tease back to some of the guys who are not only perpetually negative, but love others homers and blinded by their green and gold glasses. Yakkers post above would be a mini example. I have pretty thick skin, and come from a culture that teases quite a bit, so it never seems like that big a deal to me.

Actually, I respect and like most posters here, you being one of them, thus the response to your question. I start dozens of generative and informative threads, that often seem high-jacked by what I  admit are some (a very small number) posters that irritate me, but short of stalking behavior, I can usually laugh it off.

So, I don't expect you to understand, but once again suggest you let this thread fade into the obscurity that it deserves. Especially if you think it is so antagonistic.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:35:41 PM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 04:28:55 PM »

Agreed

I like it. Sometimes the Negative Nancy's need a good kick in the butt and playful jab to the face.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 07:25:16 PM »

Well when the folks you don't like have been right about the teams flaws/shortcomings for the past 3 seasons, you take any opportunity you can to revel in being a [Interweb Edit]. So a 3-0 start, which everyone is ecstatic about, is somehow a way to try and rustle up controversy. When things go the way you predicted once in awhile you need to rub it in peoples faces who have actually looked at the possibility of the team not being the greatest god-send of the current football era. It is ok though, I think it is funny he gets away with antagonizing posts constantly (even under the guise of rants). I will continue to be analytical of every team I watch play, including my Packers. Its what actual sports fans are capable of. Unfortunately this season I havent been able to catch a game yet because of operational commitments, I may miss the game against the 49ers too. I will only be able to catch about 4 games this year. I have no game film to analyze so I can't tell you how dominate the team is and where they are flawed so I have to let the pompom kid run with it right now. But being provoked isn't what this website or this category is about, so I am not sure how this thread has survived. To the little fella- Kudos, all is well in Packer universe. To everyone else- so far its a great season, here is to never losing *cheers*
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »

Well when the folks you don't like have been right about the teams flaws/shortcomings for the past 3 seasons, you take any opportunity you can to revel in being a [Interweb Edit]. So a 3-0 start, which everyone is ecstatic about, is somehow a way to try and rustle up controversy. When things go the way you predicted once in awhile you need to rub it in peoples faces who have actually looked at the possibility of the team not being the greatest god-send of the current football era. It is ok though, I think it is funny he gets away with antagonizing posts constantly (even under the guise of rants). I will continue to be analytical of every team I watch play, including my Packers. Its what actual sports fans are capable of. Unfortunately this season I havent been able to catch a game yet because of operational commitments, I may miss the game against the 49ers too. I will only be able to catch about 4 games this year. I have no game film to analyze so I can't tell you how dominate the team is and where they are flawed so I have to let the pompom kid run with it right now. But being provoked isn't what this website or this category is about, so I am not sure how this thread has survived. To the little fella- Kudos, all is well in Packer universe. To everyone else- so far its a great season, here is to never losing *cheers*

Shine and et al,

Your post is a great example of what I was referring to... you and others feel free to pound out condescending b.s. and insults like "pompom kid" like in your post here and in other threads. I am a very successful man, blessed with a great family including 8 incredible grandchildren. I can laugh this off, but admit I roll my eyes when folks like you (who I never named or even responded to) ,  ssg, and yakker,  whine and cry if and any one pokes back.

I don't expect that you'll see how ironical your post here is...

Sorry to hear you have and will miss most of the season, I wouldn't wish that on any football fan, and especially a packer fan. Good luck with your operational commitments .
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »

Shine and et al,

Your post is a great example of what I was referring to... you and others feel free to pound out condescending b.s. and insults like "pompom kid" like in your post here and in other threads. I am a very successful man, blessed with a great family including 8 incredible grandchildren. I can laugh this off, but admit I roll my eyes when folks like you (who I never named or even responded to) ,  ssg, and yakker,  whine and cry if and any one pokes back.

I don't expect that you'll see how ironical your post here is...

Sorry to hear you have and will miss most of the season, I wouldn't wish that on any football fan, and especially a packer fan. Good luck with your operational commitments .

I really dont care who you are outside of here, you act like a child on this site. You have been wrong for three seasons about a lot of stuff but now that the packers are finally doing really well you act like you knew the plan the whole time. Get outta here with that crap. This wasn't a rant from you it was a stupid cheap shot. The fact you get away with it because most moderators share your viewpoints is BS.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 01:24:59 PM »
Have a great day shine!
-Vince Lombardi

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
B is trolling again? I'm shocked.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith