August 18, 2019, 04:14:44 PM

Author Topic: "Beast Mode" is Out...  (Read 1033 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
"Beast Mode" is Out...
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Sounds like Marshawn Lynch could be done for the season, and maybe with the sea-hogs:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587762/article/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-to-have-surgery-for-hernia

Two thoughts:

1.As stated in the article, seattle is scheduled to pay Lynch $9 million in 2016, for a soon to be 30-year-old running back, that has broken down this year. I can't believe they'll do that.

2. It looks like his replacement may already be on the roster in undrafted rookie Thomas Rawls. 101 carries for 604 yards with 2 touchdowns on the season.

Offline davekenya

• HOF Member
Re: "Beast Mode" is Out...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:43:22 PM »
Yeah, Rawls looks the part (for now)...tearing it up as a rookie behind a very suspect Seahawks line.  Undrafted rookie.  So...how/why did Schneider and the 'Hawks sign this guy?

The Central Michigan transfer (from Michigan) might have had a chance to lead the nation rushing in 2014, if not for a minor knee injury in his seventh game of the season--the injury forced him to miss a few games. Oh, and then there were the games he missed because he was arrested for an incident involving stealing a purse and having possession of stolen credit cards. Oh, and then getting suspended for the team’s bowl game for academic issues. He is very much going to be a challenge to scout for the NFL…

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 06:37:25 AM »
I heard 4 weeks, but who knows. I am going to by pulling for anybody playing Seattle because I despise them more than any team in the league. I'd guess they won't pay Lynch next year either.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »
I heard 4 weeks, but who knows. I am going to by pulling for anybody playing Seattle because I despise them more than any team in the league. I'd guess they won't pay Lynch next year either.
NFL Network's Michael Robinson had this to say about his former teammate, Marshawn Lynch:

"Honestly, he’s under contract next year so one has to guess that he’ll be there. But you know the last two offseasons, he’s flirted with that retirement question. I do know that football is wearing on him. The style in which he runs the football, the way he does his work, does wear on you a little bit. They had to pay him almost $20 million to get him out of retirement the last two years. So do I know whether this is the last season? I don’t think anybody knows but Marshawn. But if you look at Seattle and some of the moves -- getting Jimmy Graham, bringing in Percy Harvin at some point, the Christine Michael push -- they’ve been trying to move on, they’ve been trying to change the identity from Marshawn but he’s just been so good. You look at Thomas Rawls, balling right now. He got 30 carries this past week -- Marshawn’s only had 30 carries once in his career. Will he be there next year? The answer is I don’t know. But it looks like the Seahawks are trying to prepare for life without Marshawn Lynch."

I dont see them catching AZ (8+2 plus the tiebreak vs. SEA) - but at 5+5 - they've a real shot at a Wild Card slot.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:57:28 AM by Leader »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 08:10:35 AM »

[/b][/i][/color]I dont see them catching AZ (8+2 plus the tiebreak vs. SEA) - but at 5+5 - they've a real shot at a Wild Card slot.

All the more reason to become a Steelers fan this Sunday and plug nose, Vikings fans next Sunday. I simply can't stand Seattle! Pete Carroll is a horse's ass if you ask me.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "