October 15, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

Author Topic: WalterFootball Mock Draft  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
WalterFootball Mock Draft
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:12:55 PM »
  • Rd. 1, Pk. 27 Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT/3-4DE, Florida
    I've mentioned before that B.J. Raji is an impending free agent. The same can be said for Letroy Guion, so Green Bay could focus on improving the defensive line here, especially given how many talented linemen there are available at the end of the first round.

Pick change;  previously Jarran Reed, DT 

Rd. 2, Pk. 26 Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford
    The Packers could stand to add another weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Richard Rodgers caught a Hail Mary at Detroit, but he's slow and pretty mediocre.
    [/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]
In this Mock Draft Hunter Henry is selected Rd. 2, Pk 12 by the Rams.     :( [/td][/tr][/table]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:34:08 PM by Leader »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: WalterFootball Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:41 PM »
Rd 3, Pk. 88: Joe Schobert, ILB, Wisconsin

The Packers have already discussed moving Clay Matthews back outside, where he belongs. They'll need to bolster their group of inside linebackers as a result.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »
I've got Schobert in the 3rd rnd my mock "mock up" that I'm working on.

Glad to see him getting some recognition from other places as well!

All he does is make plays.

My first 4 rounds (at the moment) look like this:

#1. Leonard Floyd/OLB/Georgia
#2. Sheldon Rankins/ DT-DE/Louisville (another Mike Daniels)
#3. Joe Schobert/ILB/Wisconsin
#4. Bronson Kafusi/ OLB/BYU
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:05:06 PM by dannobanano »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Not watching college football, I know few to none of these folks.....

Leonard Floyd

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd as the No. 20 overall draft prospect.
"Evaluators have been able to see Floyd play from practically every linebacker alignment," Norris wrote. "He lined up at the second level more often this season and was still an effective pass rusher when asked to be. He lacks strength when getting upfield, but Floyd can bend around the corner, which some staffs prioritize despite its scarcity." NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein projects Floyd as a pass-rushing 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. The Butkus Award finalist logged a career-high 74 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 10.5 TFL and one fumble recovery in 2015. Jan 17 - 11:58 AM

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
Sheldon Rankins

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins as the best prospect at the Senior Bowl.
No surprise there, as Norris grades Rankins as the No. 18 overall prospect in the draft. "If I had to put money down on one prospect to catch everyone’s attention this week, it is Rankins," he wrote. "I think he dominates one on ones. Rankins is ahead of the game in terms of hand use. I am not calling Rankins Kawann Short, but they win in similar ways: pass rushing awareness and intent to lift, catch and separate a blockers hands in order to gain the balance and positioning advantage." Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage says NFL scouts want to see Rankins display "more individual 1-on-1 pass rush ability" at his event. Jan 26 - 2:53 PM

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins as the No. 18 overall prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
"A true interior disruptor," Norris wrote. "Rankins was asked to play next to the center, guard and outside of the tackle this year. He’s at his best getting upfield off the snap with explosion and agility. He’s quite strong for a compact defensive tackle. Disruptors like Rankins can be difficult to find in any class." Norris believes Rankins is similar to Kawann Short. Rankins played 79.4-percent of Louisville's defensive snaps this past season. He will play in the Senior Bowl later this month. The Executive Director of that event, Phil Savage, says NFL scouts will want to see Rankins display "more individual 1-on-1 pass rush ability." Jan 14 - 6:16 PM

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »
Joe Schobert

Wisconsin OLB Joe Schobert was compared by an NFL scout to Shea McClellin.
"He could be an inside guy in a 3-4," the scout said. "He could play outside as well because he does rush the passer a little bit. He's just a good football player. Shea McClellin comes to mind. Very similar in a lot of ways." The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Schobert is viewed as a third- or fourth-round selection. The 6-foot-2, 236-pounder will play in the Senior Bowl. Jan 18 - 10:12 PM

Wisconsin senior OLB Joe Schobert accepted an invitation to play in the Senior Bowl.
The 6-foot-2, 236-pounder had recorded an incredible 71 tackles, 18.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks through 11 games heading into this weekend. An athletic pass rusher, Schobert is no one-year wonder, recording 13.5 TFL in 2014. Sun, Nov 29, 2015 10:46:00 AM

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:18:25 PM »
Sheldon Rankins

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins as the best prospect at the Senior Bowl.
No surprise there, as Norris grades Rankins as the No. 18 overall prospect in the draft. "If I had to put money down on one prospect to catch everyone’s attention this week, it is Rankins," he wrote. "I think he dominates one on ones. Rankins is ahead of the game in terms of hand use. I am not calling Rankins Kawann Short, but they win in similar ways: pass rushing awareness and intent to lift, catch and separate a blockers hands in order to gain the balance and positioning advantage." Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage says NFL scouts want to see Rankins display "more individual 1-on-1 pass rush ability" at his event. Jan 26 - 2:53 PM

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins as the No. 18 overall prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
"A true interior disruptor," Norris wrote. "Rankins was asked to play next to the center, guard and outside of the tackle this year. He’s at his best getting upfield off the snap with explosion and agility. He’s quite strong for a compact defensive tackle. Disruptors like Rankins can be difficult to find in any class." Norris believes Rankins is similar to Kawann Short. Rankins played 79.4-percent of Louisville's defensive snaps this past season. He will play in the Senior Bowl later this month. The Executive Director of that event, Phil Savage, says NFL scouts will want to see Rankins display "more individual 1-on-1 pass rush ability." Jan 14 - 6:16 PM

Might have to move him to my 1st round choice!

My 2nd round "fall back" could be Scooby Wright!

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:14 PM »
Jonathan Bullard

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Florida DL Jonathan Bullard as the No. 21 overall draft prospect.
"I have reservations about Bullard’s athleticism, but I love his ability to win as a defensive end against the run and impact passing downs when lining up inside," Norris wrote. "Bullard can win with power immediately or can win with length to shed and make the tackle." CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wrote last month that the 6-foot-3, 271-pound Bullard "will attract some first round attention from NFL teams." Jan 17 - 12:18 PM

Florida senior DL Jonathan Bullard showcases "brute strength to control opponents at the point of attack," according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang. "Bullard is aptly named as he possesses brute strength to control opponents at the point of attack, gumming up rushing lanes. He's quick enough to challenge the corner and split gaps but isn't a traditional speed rusher," Brugler wrote. The Florida prospect has succeeded inside as a three-technique, and outside as an end for the Gators, while being a disruptive force against the run all season long. Rang currently ranks Bullard as his No. 32 prospect on his big board. Thu, Dec 10, 2015 02:03:00 PM

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
Did anyone notice the Packers signed DT/NT William Campbell (2nd yr player) to a futures contract?
6-5/330

I think they are preparing for the departure of Raji.

They can resign Guion on the cheap, then develop a couple of youngsters like Ringo and Campbell, and try to draft a disruptor like Rankins.

Dang! Can you imagine Daniels at one DE, and Rankins at the other?!!

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
Did anyone notice the Packers signed DT/NT William Campbell (2nd yr player) to a futures contract?
6-5/330

They can resign Guion on the cheap, then develop a couple of youngsters like Ringo and Campbell, and try to draft a disruptor like Rankins.

Who is he danno? Got any bio info on him?

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 09:01:26 PM »
Pennel is going to be good. Really good. I'd really like them to keep Raji, but it won't break them if he leaves. Sure wouldn't mind taking a look at Haloti Ngata if the Lions let him hit the open market. He was a guy I wish they'd have gone after last year when the Ravens were selling low.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:02:04 PM by Ellis269 »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 11:00:41 AM »

Interesting........this WalterWorldFootball Mock Draft had us selecting Kenyan Drake in Round 4 - to address our need for a pass catching threat @ RB.

This comment from a writeup on the Senior Bowl....isnt too promising.....

"Alabama RB Kenyan Drake might be the worst pass protector I’ve seen at this event in some time. There was not a single snap where Drake brought his hands on first contact. Could this limit his passing down availability?"

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 11:09:16 AM »
So many draft pundits seem obsessewd by the Packers taking a D lineman with the first round pick.

How about TE, or LB, or OT  ?? confused(
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 11:20:55 AM »
6-5/330

Not sure that means a whole lot, though I hope he sticks.   Big Will is a guy who really hasn't had a position since Rich Rodriguez stunted his growth at Michigan.  He was a freak of an athlete and was one of the best players in the country coming out of high school @ DT.  Rich Rodriguez couldn't make up his mind where to play him and moved him to offense after his freshman year.  He went from being a rotational defensive lineman as a freshman to a back up Guard and FB in goal line situations as a sophomore.  Brady Hope then moved him back to DT for his last 2 years at Michigan, where he played his best football as a college football player. 

I'm not sure where Buffalo had him this last year on their PS but I know that the Jets tried to move him to guard before they cut him.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
So many draft pundits seem obsessewd by the Packers taking a D lineman with the first round pick.

How about TE, or LB, or OT  ?? confused(

Outside of Henry, whose value is still debatable, there isn't a TE worth taking that early.   I have seen some mocks with Henry being the guy.  Walterfootball puts out about 1400 mock drafts prior to draft day and I have seen one on that site with Henry the pick.  Outside of him, I don't see a TE with the traits the fans, or McCarthy judging by his recent comments, wants until 3-5th rnd. 

Many of the LB's that might be an option (Floyd, Smith, Jack, Lee, Ragland) seem to be going higher in most mock projections and wouldn't be available.  The current 2nd tier, guys maybe like Perry or Fackrell or maybe Ngakoue are still being vetted and probably look like 2nd day guys leading up to the Combine. 

IMO - the team won't be looking at OT in the 1st.  With the starting line all signed through next year I'm not sure they would devote a 1st round pick to replace Bahkti or to be a swing tackle for the entire year.   If one of the following Spriggs, Decker, Stanley, Conklin happens to fall all the way to #27 perhaps that's tested.  Mind you, I'm not arguing an upgrade over Bahkti can't be found, but I don't think the team will find an OT at #27 rated higher than a comparable DL at that point.  I think the team will be content to find a mid-round guy or two to develop and compete as the swing tackle

I do think the 1st pick will be a DT/DE.  I'd be happy with a number of other players, and I love the idea of adding an athletic ILB/OLB, but with the talent so great on the Dline, I think it would be a great year to use our early pick and another later to secure our line with some real talent.   In other years some of these defensive lineman that will be going in the 2nd round could easily be early/mid round 1sts