October 18, 2019, 05:05:44 AM

Author Topic: Von Miller anybody?  (Read 5725 times)

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
Von Miller anybody?
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:16:27 AM »
What about Von Miller?

Hear me out....
I know it isn't going to happen.
But I don't think it's crazy.  Von is a top 5 player in the league.  You spend two 1's on him but in reality the two players you are giving up are rated as 2's because of draft position.  You cut Peppers to save 8 million this year.  Yeah, you will end up sacrificing players next year, but what positions are more valuable? 

Ted is likely to draft a pass rusher thiso year or next.  Why not get the best OLB in the league?
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline B

• HOF Member
Re: Von Miller anybody?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:17:33 AM »
Not going to happen for multiple reasons:

1.) Von Miller has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Denver;
2.) Von Miller is going to command a deal well north of $100,000,000, with more than $50 million guaranteed;
3.) Now add the two 1st round draft picks than Denver would have to accept from GB rather than out bid the Packers, and...
4.) Not only would Green Bay need to outbid Denver (where Von is happy) they would need to outbid every other team in the NFL that would likely be interested if they thought Von Miller was truly available...

Von Miller coming to Green Bay is as likely as a decision that after further review awards the Buffalo Bills and Minnesota victories in their 8 (4 each) Super Bowl losses.

Besides, this is a thread about who if anyone might he Packers tag from their team. I agree that Mason Crosby is the most likely candidate if any one on the Packers team to be tagged - and even that is not to likely.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:21:59 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:49:26 AM »
Split these 2 posts away from the 'We Tagging Anyone?' thread as it has nothing to do with the subject of that thread.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:12:46 AM »
Von Miller will get franchised in Denver make no mistake about it.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »
Seriously.....but for historical fun....can anybody name the last SB MVP who was moved before the following season?

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
Seriously.....but for historical fun....can anybody name the last SB MVP who was moved before the following season?

First guess Timmy Smith!
Second Guess Desmond Howard?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »

First guess Timmy Smith!
Second Guess Desmond Howard?

Thats actually two good guesses.....I'd not thought of them all....but think the guy I have in mind is more current. Yeah - pretty sure he is in fact. Btw - what happened with these two?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 01:41:09 PM »

I believe Larry Brown (MVP in SB XXX) went to Oakland as a FA the following year. Probably the least deserving MVP ever.

Now, as to the likelihood of Von Miller coming to GB? Absolutely none. Nada. Zip. Zilch. There is a better chance I'll become a rabid Bears fan.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »
Thats who I was thinking about as well....

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »

OK, but for the record XXXI (Desmond Howard MVP) is after XXX (Larry Brown MVP)! ;D

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 04:35:31 PM »
OK, but for the record XXXI (Desmond Howard MVP) is after XXX (Larry Brown MVP)! ;D

It that right? For some reason I thought the GB/NE game was before DAL/PIT. If thats thats wrong....then I guess Desmond it is! 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »

It that right? For some reason I thought the GB/NE game was before DAL/PIT. If thats thats wrong....then I guess Desmond it is!

It was my second guess because I couldn't remember if Desmond played for us the following year, which he didn't. I don't think I could come up with Larry Brown so I chose Smith. Again, not certain if he flamed out the next season or the one after that.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »
The following is from wikipedia, and contains details of Howard's post-SB MVP career:

Howard became a free agent after the season and signed with the Oakland Raiders. He led the NFL in kickoff returns (61) and kickoff return yards (1,381). Howard spent the 1998 football season with the Raiders before re-joining the Packers in 1999.

In the middle of the 1999 season, Howard was cut by the Packers after subpar performance and multiple injuries.[9] He was signed by the Detroit Lions four days later, where he spent the rest of his career until his retirement after the 2002 season. In a special homecoming, he scored a special teams touchdown in his Lions debut. In February 2001, he made his first and only Pro Bowl appearance as the NFC's kick returner.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »

Tampa Bay's Dexter Jackson.  Not sure what Super Bowl that was but I'm pretty sure he was the last SMVP that didn't return. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »

Tampa Bay's Dexter Jackson.  Not sure what Super Bowl that was but I'm pretty sure he was the last SMVP that didn't return. 

That could very well be....as well! It does seem more recent than the Larry Brown fiasco. The nice thing about asking questions you yourself dont know the answer to is you're relying on the respondents to check their own work!  :)