October 18, 2019, 04:44:21 AM

Author Topic: Your Packers #1 pick......Pre-Combine  (Read 11447 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Your Packers #1 pick......Pre-Combine
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
1 pick only and why! No trades!

Not who you 'wish' the pick is but IYO who do you think will be available @27 whether it's a need position player or BPA.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Your Packers #1 pick......Pre-Combine
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »
Henry.

I dont follow college sports - so there's a great big world of players I've no clue about - and I've only learned or (seen) Henry since his name was mentioned here.

I want the position addressed....and I want one of the tall/fast/pass catching TE's they're making now :)
I wont claim to know - nor am I saying - Henry's a better football player than Mr. XYZ who's out there available.
I just want the position addressed. This guy's been nabbed by many as the best one out there - I very much like what I've seen of him on tape (and will be watching the combine) - so I'm not concerned with "overall draft class stuff"

I like what I see him capable of - he's supposed to be the best in the country and dont care it its a reach. I want the position addressed and our 2016 offense BETTER than the league leading 2014 version.

Odds of it happening IMO? Less than 50%
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:39:08 AM by Leader »

Offline stillcrazee

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »
I hope we take Hunter Henry, TE, ARK.  6'5", 255 pounds.  With getting Nelson and Montgomery back from injury, and adding Henry, we would be a top 5 offense.

I think we will take Vernon Butler, NT, LA Tech.  6'4", 325 pounds.  This is assuming we don't re-sign Raji.  This just seems to be a TT pick.  Address the defense, which I can see.  Need to be able to stop the run, but DT is very deep this year.  Could still get a good player in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 02:52:34 PM »
Robert Nkemdiche
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »
There won't be one at #27 !

Packers trade down about 10 spots, out of round one.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
Robert Nkemdiche
This right here. Packers get him for a song at #27 with some issues hanging over him, get him into their support system and he becomes a dominant force for years to come.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Jaylon Smith is not going in the first 20 picks. TT takes a chance for a player who won't be 100% for another 18 months.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
I see two players potentially falling, and whichever one does, that is the Packers pick. Either Noah Spence or Robert Nkemdiche. Both phenomenal football players. Noah Spence was a dominator  at the highest level in college football and has a non-stop motor. Nkemdiche is a physical specimen with the potential to be amazing if he gets the right motivation/coaching. Of the two I think Spence is the safer bet to succeed so I am hoping he is the faller, but either way I am good.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 05:30:50 PM »
I don't think Spence falls that far, but I think Nkemdiche might. Agree totally with that strategy. Love the idea of Spenc/Peppers/Matthews or Daniels/Pennel/Nkemdiche anchoring one of those two front 7 groups. Would love to see what Trovac can do with Nkemdiche.

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:18 PM »
I'm thinking Vernon Butler, a 330+ pnd replacement for Raji. But he's rising up boards, so maybe Reed if he's gone.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 07:10:20 AM »
Jaylon Smith is not going in the first 20 picks. TT takes a chance for a player who won't be 100% for another 18 months.

So who do you think the #1 pick will be?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 08:24:57 AM »
Robert Nkemdiche
This right here. Packers get him for a song at #27 with some issues hanging over him, get him into their support system and he becomes a dominant force for years to come.

Doesnt fit the TT first round mold.  Great player, but too many off season question marks.  Talent wise hes a good pick, but I believe TT puts a lot of weight on character in his upper picks, perhaps too much.  I'm  still pondering the question but I'm  fairly certain it will be lineman on either side.

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »
I'll guess Kenny Clark DT UCLA.

I want either Jaylon Smith or Darron Lee.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
Dodd the Defensive end.   TT won't be taking any character risks with the # 1 given issues with Guion and now Pennel.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 02:04:41 PM »
Forgot my explanation.  Dodd is groomed as heir apparent to Peppers.   I like Butler the D lineman, not the retired safety, as well.