August 22, 2019, 11:25:16 PM

Author Topic: Your Packers #1 pick......Post-Combine  (Read 7297 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Your Packers #1 pick......Post-Combine
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »
With the 2016 NFL Combine over has your view changed for who you think will be available and drafted with the Packers #1 pick @27?

Not who you 'wish' the pick is. 1 pick only and why! No trades!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Your Packers #1 pick......Post-Combine
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »
I'll go with 6'2", 251 lb DE/OLB  Noah Spence (from E.Kentucky). There is a decent chance he is still there, due to his cocaine issues in the past. It means betting that TT has at least SOME belief the guy will stay clean (something which is hard for outsiders to evaluate). This is the only way the Packers are likely to get a top 10-15 pick, talent wise. Spence's combine was ok, but not brilliant, which could be enough to slide him to the Packers. I rate OLB Jaylon Smith as a better player pre-injury, but that reported nerve damage is too close to a deal breaker for me, even if he is there at #27.

I think the real good pass rushers go very early, before the Packers usually pick, so this is a chance at one.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:28:30 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline BTIdaho

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:50 AM »
I remain in the Andrew Billings camp.  He is powerful and young.  If he slips, and his health checks out, I believe he could be very, very disruptive in the middle of our defense.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
I'm sticking with Sheldon Rankins.

His numbers (with the exception of his 40 time) were right there with the rare athlete that Robert Nkemdiche is.

40:
RN - 4.87
SR - 5.03

Bench:
RN - 28
SR - 28

Vertical:
RN - 35"
SR - 34.5"

Broad:
RN - 116"
SR - 118"

Plus Rankins ran the 3-cone and 20 yd shuttle, where RN didn't.

3-cone - 7.44
20 yd shuttle - 4.59

For comparison...........Darron Lee ran a 7.12 3-cone and 4.20 20 yd shuttle.

Not bad number for a 304 lb DL compared to a 228 lb LB.

Rankins and Daniels could be real poison in the nickel package on passing downs as inside rushers. Plus both are good against the run.

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »
TT keeps the QB happy, Jason Spriggs OT Indiana. Hopefully his exceptional combine doesn't compel a team to take him before 27.

Offline stillcrazee

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:32:14 PM »
Kevin Dodd, 6'5", 277 lbs., Clemson.  Will get on the field this year on passing downs and will replace Julius Peppers at elephant end after this year. 

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »
DE/OLB Leonard Floyd

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 06:11:57 AM »
Sticking with Robert Nkemdiche but always was a Noah Spence guy first so if he's there please grab him.

I would grab Jaylon Smith in round two and he could possibly fall due to the severity of his knee injury.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
I still like Jaylon Smith, but with the nerve issue in his knee being a much bigger issue than originally thought I'm not sure Thompson makes that pick.  Hopefully the issue isn't as big as it got blown up to be at the combine and he's the pick. 

I think its going to be Sheldon Rankins. 

I like Billings and Nkemdiche more but IMO Billings will be gone and character issues will prevent us from drafting the knucklehead. 

Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:20 AM »
I'm going to stick with DL: Robert Nkemdiche - Mississippi.

The only reason he falls is due to character issues. Physically and on tape, he's a top 10 pick in my mind. It's a big risk, but not that big at #27 - potential reward greatly outweighs that risk IMO. I'd also be happy with Noah Spence if he falls. Don't know why I'm in such a boom or bust mood this year, but I'm seeming to gravitate towards every player with major question marks this year (Jaylon Smith, Scooby Wright and Shawn Oakman later on as well.)

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
I'm going to say... Kamalei Correa. 

Not because I want him... but I'm sure he'll be available and I'm sure Ted is going to pick a relatively unknown to most out there.  The outcry will be tremendous because a linebacker will have been available.  I can see the responses now.... :)

Honestly, though - People are going to be pissed no matter who Ted selects.  He'll essentially be dealing with a pool of 25 - 30 players graded as 2nd round prospects.  Without fail, a handful of those prospects will turn out to be better pro's than the one he ends up selecting and the Tuesday morning GM's will have a fit.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda. 

He's really hit the last two drafts out of the park.  I'm confident he'll continue that trend. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 06:05:55 PM »
I'm thinking its going to be OL.  I like Spriggs.  I think Jaylon Smith will be a day 3 pick now due to how bad of shape he's in.  He's definitely out for the year and not the type of gamble we see from TT.

Offline pacman5252

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
I'm a sucker for fast... Leonanard Floyd

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 03:45:10 AM »
Wow, not much of a consensus here.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »
There seems to be a consensus on the NFL site that Green Bay will take Billings from Baylor. I don't see it but 3 out of 4 guys have him going to the Packers.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!