August 17, 2019, 03:36:02 PM

Author Topic: Your Packers #1 pick......Post-Combine  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
Re: Your Packers #1 pick......Post-Combine
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:28 PM »
Billings wouldn't disappoint me, but I'm going to guess somebody else takes him a bit earlier.

I'll predict the Pack grabs OL here. Spriggs OT Indiana

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 06:19:13 AM »
Vernon Butler is who I think will be the pick. Now you know who WON"T be the guy. I'm always wrong!
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
If we don't land Ragland or Lee then I think the pick has to be a DL.   Limited to one pick in this thread so my pick would also be Vernon Butler.  Has the size and length that is ideal for a 5-tech and some initial quickness to at least be a threat and disruptor in the passing game.  Said to have a high motor for a DL too.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »
If I was picking it would be Spriggs.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 07:10:10 AM »
If I was picking it would be Spriggs.

IMO Mike Mayock is the top draft guru. He doesn't have Spriggs in his top 5. His #5 is Willie Beavers from Western Michigan. That would be a surprise pick there. Last time we went to Western Michigan with a top pick......... Greg Jennings and the groans in Packerland were wide and loud! It turned out quite well for GB.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 08:12:35 AM »

IMO Mike Mayock is the top draft guru. He doesn't have Spriggs in his top 5. His #5 is Willie Beavers from Western Michigan. That would be a surprise pick there. Last time we went to Western Michigan with a top pick......... Greg Jennings and the groans in Packerland were wide and loud! It turned out quite well for GB.

And Willie Beavers would certainly be typical of Ted Thompson - A large body guy that most fans have never heard of. ;D
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:48 AM »
Beavers is built like a guard though.

And does everyone recall Eric Fisher and KC?

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »
I'm going to say... Kamalei Correa. 

Not because I want him... but I'm sure he'll be available and I'm sure Ted is going to pick a relatively unknown to most out there.  The outcry will be tremendous because a linebacker will have been available.  I can see the responses now.... :)

Honestly, though - People are going to be pissed no matter who Ted selects.  He'll essentially be dealing with a pool of 25 - 30 players graded as 2nd round prospects.  Without fail, a handful of those prospects will turn out to be better pro's than the one he ends up selecting and the Tuesday morning GM's will have a fit.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda. 

He's really hit the last two drafts out of the park.  I'm confident he'll continue that trend.

This is the only pick Mel Kiper has predicted so far that I'd venture is a VERY good guess.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/28438/mel-kiper-likes-a-pass-rusher-for-the-packers-at-no-27-in-latest-mock-draft

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
Beavers is built like a guard though.

And does everyone recall Eric Fisher and KC?

Except Fisher went to Central Michigan, not Western Michigan.

Point taken though........................small school lower tier of competition.

However, Joe Staley of SF came out of Central Michigan and he's been to the pro-bowl.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
Also, barring injury, Beavers (or any OL) would not be expected to start - or even log heavy minutes his first year.  Fisher was the top pick and didn't have the same core around him or the potential luxury of development time before being thrown to the wolves.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
Wish he was another inch taller, but 6-4 isn't bad.

33.5" arms are o.k. length. (Bulaga's are 33.25")

9.5" hands........average size, but strong they say.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/willie-beavers?id=2555208

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:11 AM »
Spriggs - OL
Ragland - MLB
Clark - DL

Would be happy with any of these three!!!  We need more athleticism, speed, talent and depth at all three of these positions!!!!!!!

I could see a trade back to early 2nd if all three are available.  If that happens, he's going TE.  There is only one worth drafting that high! 

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:28 AM »
I thought someone would have picked Jarran Reed, the 6'3", 310lb  Alabama DT.

An elite run-stuffer who can two-gap and is able to disengage to make a tackle. Good hand fighting ability and coincidentally, he looked a real handfull in the Senior Bowl week. No need for Raji if you have this guy.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »
Daniels is the only premium player on the line

Guion is a serviceable option and Pennel is an up-an-comer but going to miss 25% of the season

After that we have Boyd, who again is serviceable but infinitely replaceable and Raji who is a good player but just can't recapture former glory and is also infinitely replaceable.

Any DL would be a godsend for our line -- and you are right - Jarran Reed would be a really good one.  I'm waffling between him and Butler as my preferred choice

I want 2 DL and 2 LB's in this draft