November 23, 2020, 11:01:42 AM

Author Topic: Arrigo Mock v1.0  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
Re: Arrigo Mock v1.0
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »
Ryan Pickett is not a certain to be on the team with his contract number, so the DL is some what of a priority.

According to Rotoworld here is Pickett's contract.
3/12/2010: Signed a four-year, $24.925 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed, including a $2 million signing bonus and a first-year roster bonus of $6.4 million. Pickett is eligible for annual $200,000 workout bonuses. Another $700,000 is available through "likely to be earned" incentives. 2012: $4.5 million, 2013: $5.4 million, 2014: Free Agent

Add the guaranteed portion the signing bonus and the roster bonus and you get $18.4m. I'm no cap whiz, but it looks like that leaves the Packers paying him a little over $3m in 2013 and because of the accelerated part of the contract (should he be let go), he would not save the Packers that much, in 2013. If that is way out, someone please  enlighten me....

You only accelerate the Signing Bonus so if you cut him only $500k.  And his cap # in 2013 will be about $6.7M
"The day you sign a client is the day you start losing one."

Offline pkrjones

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
You only accelerate the Signing Bonus so if you cut him only $500k.  And his cap # in 2013 will be about $6.7M
Being the 2nd best lineman on the team I'd pay the man and let him keep being solid in 2013.  Hasn't missed much, if any, time in the past few years to injury and still an incredibly reliable, run-stuffing DL.

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
Being the 2nd best lineman on the team I'd pay the man and let him keep being solid in 2013.  Hasn't missed much, if any, time in the past few years to injury and still an incredibly reliable, run-stuffing DL.
Packinatl really knows his contract stuff.  How about this?
I think it is agreed that we pay a lot of money for Pickett to be a run stuffing force.
Could we extend his deal and flip him another nice signing bonus to reduce his number in the next few years?  That would keep him on the roster and happy for a few years and give up cap flexability when it comes to re-signing our young talent.

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
I don't know about Jenkins NT...????? 350+ academically ineligible = 400+ in a couple years

That and Georgia didn't exactly have a run defense for the ages.........averaged 177 game

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
I think it is agreed that we pay a lot of money for Pickett to be a run stuffing force.
Could we extend his deal and flip him another nice signing bonus to reduce his number in the next few years?  That would keep him on the roster and happy for a few years and give up cap flexability when it comes to re-signing our young talent.

Yes you could actually convert his base salary to a signing bonus so its guaranteed (big risk unless you are convinced he has 2-3 years left)  or give a small SB with a base for 2013 and 2014.  Have to keep the SB within reason so if you have to accelerate it you dont get hit with a big number

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »

Yes you could actually convert his base salary to a signing bonus so its guaranteed (big risk unless you are convinced he has 2-3 years left)  or give a small SB with a base for 2013 and 2014.  Have to keep the SB within reason so if you have to accelerate it you dont get hit with a big number
That is exactly what I was thinking....

Take his base salary, guarantee it as a signing bonus and extend the deal to 2014 or 2015.  Reduce his base numbers for a year or two and make him happy with his overall compensation.  I would think that guaranteeing money for an older vet would be important.

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »

Take his base salary, guarantee it as a signing bonus and extend the deal to 2014 or 2015.  Reduce his base numbers for a year or two and make him happy with his overall compensation.  I would think that guaranteeing money for an older vet would be important.

Only issue is you better get 2 years out of him or its over $3m to release him after 2013

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:44:46 PM »

Only issue is you better get 2 years out of him or its over $3m to release him after 2013
I think that big fella has at least two left in him.  I don't think he's ever played better than he has this year.

Offline pmikep

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
Great show tonight !!! (OTS Packers report) Really enjoyed it. THANKS !!!!!!!!