September 21, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

Author Topic: Packer Mock Draft - 7 rounds  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Draft Hobbyist

• HOF Member
Packer Mock Draft - 7 rounds
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »
Here's a 7-round Packer mock draft that is meant to be more hopeful than conservative:
1) OT Eric Fisher CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Alternate1: OG Jonathan Cooper NORTH CAROLINA
Alternate2: ILB Kevin Minter LOUISIANA ST
2) DB David Amerson NORTH CAROLINA ST
3) OLB Chase Thomas STANFORD
4) DT Will Sutton ARIZONA ST
4b) WR Aaron Dobson MARSHALL
5) RB Jonathan Franklin UCLA
6) C Graham Pocic ILLINOIS
7) DT Kapron Lewis-Moore NOTRE DAME
7b) TE Jake Stoneburner OHIO ST

Comments:
1) Fisher has a chance to fall to us because he is the 4th best OT on many boards. He's also from a smaller school. To be honest, the only one of the four OT's that I would really consider passing on is Taylor Lewan MICHIGAN depending on what else is there. This is not need-based thinking, but talent-based thinking.
2) Amerson seems to be the forgotten man. There's all this talk about how slow he is, but Amerson had 5 INT's this year and 13 INT's last year. I would move him to S and he could back up the CB position as well.
3) I have a feeling Thomas will be gone by here, but since this is more of a hopeful mock I threw him in. He's listed below where the Packers would pick on many sites, so why not. Most of you know a decent amount about him already, but he's one of those high-motor guys.
4) 13 sacks as a DT is what caught my attention. That's good enough for 3rd in the FBS among all players. Only Jarvis Jones and Anthony Barr had more, but will he come out as a Junior? Now that I think about it I probably have him too low even for a hopeful mock. We could move him up to the 3rd round to replace Thomas, but I'm not going to go back and change it now.
4b) Marshall is a guy that got hit with the injury bug, but he still did pretty well for himself. I also like that he's coming out as a Senior.
5) He might drop because of how many caries he's had, but that doesn't bother me. He's been a workhorse.
6) I'm not a huge fan of the C's this year, so lets take a later guy and work with him. Pocic isn't a complete project, and we have EDS or Van Roten for now to let Pocic learn for 2 years.
7) He gets overshadowed by Nix, but Lewis-Moore is a good big body that has opened up things for Te'o. On CBSsports he's the 245th prospect overall, but I think he'll rise. He's a DT with 39 tackles, 8.5 TFL's, 6 sacks, 2 PD's, 9 QB hurries, and 2 FF's this year alone. Until he does rise I'm going to put him here. I'd be interested in him rounds earlier.
7b) Stoneburner is a boom-or-bust guy. When I watched him he really flashed some good stuff and showed that he could develop a complete game, but is his drive and character there?

Do you guys like it?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:32:08 PM by PackerfanDD »

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
Re: Packer Mock Draft - 7 rounds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »
You might be a newbie here, but you aren't a newbie to the draft.  ;)

Nice effort and explanation behind players/picks....

Had Moore myself in an earlier mock some months back. It's funny how if a DT isn't getting a lot of sacks then the draft sites downgrade them, yet every team running the 3-4 needs space eaters to free up the LBers.